09-23-12 12:45 PM
33 12
tools
    I've been reading a lot of posts regarding unscheduled updates today, so I checked my playbook as soon as I got back home from work.
    When pressen "check for updates" I get the following message: "Unable to connect to update server". Reckon this could be an update server take-down prior to an official release?
    Im currently on 2.1.0.840 beta.

Oh and my internet connection is fine...
    09-21-12 07:45 AM
    I guess a possibility could be that all these sporadic updates are server glitches and therefore RIM might have taken it down/restart for a check-up.
    09-21-12 07:49 AM
    Was thinking the same thing when I last checked...however now it's back to normal - reporting I have the latest.

But like everything else the past couple of days its pointing to something...hopefully not a queue to wait for a bus!
    09-21-12 08:07 AM
    I checked just now ... "You currently have the latest software installed" 2.0.1.688
    09-21-12 08:07 AM
    Hmmm...just did it again...once again now reporting "There was an error connecting to the update server. Please try again later. (0)".

Refreshed this a few times & still the same message???????

I feel like this is a bloody game of cluedo - did RIM do it or not! lol

Edit - 5 refreshes later i'm back to having the latest software! hahaha....this is hysterical!

Edit 2 - back to error. I'm gonna hang on until its 12pm RIM time (so 2:40 from now) and see if anything happens...but my milkman's uncle's dolphin's hamster's sister hasn't said anything about a release so i'm not that hopeful! lol
    Last edited by bay1902; 09-21-12 at 08:19 AM.
    09-21-12 08:15 AM
    Having the same thing happening now. Went back to having the latest and now I cant connect to the update server again. Im guessing we will have an update on whats going on very soon (here's hoping)
    09-21-12 08:19 AM
    Now it appear's appworld also affected (I know there's another thread about this). Running VERY slow
    09-21-12 08:22 AM
    The reason why it keeps going off line is because everyone keeps checking to see if there is an update... So it crashes.

So if everyone would wait until Tuesday for Blackberry Jam America, then we will probably get an update
    09-21-12 08:45 AM
    Makes perfectly good sense
    09-21-12 08:52 AM
    can't....stop....hitting....refresh....! lol
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    09-21-12 08:58 AM
    Lol do you know that you guys checking for updates made the servers crash this morning?

3 Continents without email on your hands...

Shame, shame on you!

eheh
    thedark722 likes this.
    09-21-12 08:59 AM
    Sounds like a good an apology as any.

It's busy because people are checking for an update.

Does that mean (start now) that when it actually comes out (don't guess when) that when downloads actually start - as opposed to "no updates found" that the entire infrastructure will crater.

Sorry - not buying it. Nice excuse though.
    09-21-12 08:59 AM
    @PedroBorgas - for me if it's doing that then all the more reason to keep checking...it's like my own mini set of War Games...won't be happy until all the servers are out.

Mwahahahah!
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    09-21-12 09:04 AM
    A RE-POST:
    A minute passed. Then another. Then, another minute. Then... another minute passed. Then another minute passed. And another. A further minute passed quickly, followed by another minute, when suddenly, a different minute passed, followed by another different minute. And another. And yet another further different minute. A minute passed. I glanced at my watch. It was a minute past. This was it. A minute passed. After a moment, another minute passed. I waited a minute while a minute passed quickly past. And then, a minute which seemed to last an hour but was only a minute... passed.
    09-21-12 09:05 AM
    LOL, ROFL, LMAO & any other modern acronym to state that that's BLOODY FUNNY!! Love it!

Still gonna hit refresh though...just because I can...makes me feel better....
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    09-21-12 09:08 AM
    A RE-POST:
    A minute passed. Then another. Then, another minute. Then... another minute passed. Then another minute passed. And another. A further minute passed quickly, followed by another minute, when suddenly, a different minute passed, followed by another different minute. And another. And yet another further different minute. A minute passed. I glanced at my watch. It was a minute past. This was it. A minute passed. After a moment, another minute passed. I waited a minute while a minute passed quickly past. And then, a minute which seemed to last an hour but was only a minute... passed.
    Click to view quoted image
    ROFLOL now I cant stop pressing the button all the time
    09-21-12 09:42 AM
    This is either a good sign or a bad sign. Either they're pushing our preparatory updates to prepare for a (hopefully soon) release of OS2.1, or they made a serious mistake and are now pushing internal software programs to the public for no apparent reason. Either way I don't see any reason why some seemingly random people are getting the bug reporter when not everyone is (also I wish I was one of the lucky few, even though I may change my mind later)
    09-21-12 06:48 PM
    09-21-12 09:33 PM
    Why are you all so excited about 2.1?

There's NOTHING in it.
    oxf0rd and MrNutt like this.
    09-21-12 09:45 PM
    @andyJH Hilarious picture!

@the OP's original comment: I do not constantly tap my "Check for Updates", but maybe everyday or so, but I find that many times I receive that exact same message. In fact, to me I find it not to be unusual in anyway, but if I wait even a few seconds to tap again it works just fine. I first saw it on the beta when I updated back in June, and ever since then when it came up I always thought: "Something's comingggg... nope" Now I'm used to seeing it every once in awhile lol took awhile to get used to!

@trsbbs with your avatar, postings, location, and language I swear you remind me of someone I went to University with in Oklahoma...
    Last edited by Berry_Intelligence; 09-21-12 at 09:56 PM.
    09-21-12 09:53 PM
    Mine's just come up with an update of 2.1.840 (I'm already on the beta) but it's only 1MB. Can't install it though as I haven't got 20% battery charge at the moment
    09-22-12 03:57 AM
    Am i the only one that doesnt check for updates all the time?
    09-22-12 04:13 AM
    A RE-POST:
    Click to view quoted image
    ROFLMAO Thank you for the touch of humour on a dreary day.
    09-22-12 08:40 AM
    Am i the only one that doesnt check for updates all the time?
    Oh, you're "that" guy.

As for your signature I will direct you to a given you already hear music. Enjoy, Pedro!
    easydoesit99 likes this.
    09-22-12 08:43 AM
    I can't see it on the phone, but it doesnt sound so good ^^
    09-22-12 10:32 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD