All of a sudden, I lost sound on my Playbook for the first time since I got it about a month ago. No adjustments fixed it so I turned the Playbook off.

When I turned it back on, the sound was back but instead of my usual wallpaper, there was a huge dark camera shot of a stranger's young male face as the wallpaper. Totally creeped me out.

How could this have happened? I guess I should have take a screen shot of him but frankly I was so spooked I just quickly put up my old wallpaper. I've turned it off and on again a second time and thank goodness this hasn't reoccurred. There doesn't seem to be a record of the dude's picture anywhere on my Playbook *sure hoping so*.

Just before the sound went off, I had been trying to sideload an app which didn't work. Could this be a hack of some kind? I didn't think that happened on Playbooks. Now I'm going to be on edge a bit everytime I turn it on.
    Last edited by MarlenaRosie; 01-31-13 at 06:09 PM.
    01-31-13 04:12 PM
    I wouldn't blame the PlayBook... It does appear you hacked yourself by trying to sideload a malicious apply.
    01-31-13 04:51 PM
    At least it was his face! O_O
    anon(1852343) and Blackman91 like this.
    01-31-13 05:06 PM
    At least it was his face! O_O
    Hahah, sooooo true!

I don't blame my Playbook at all - love it unconditionally. I'm going to lay off sideloading android apps for awhile. I have been buying a lot from Blackberry's app world and all except one have been great.
    01-31-13 05:25 PM