best buy reps are not paid any commissions, therefore they don't give a crap about what they are selling. They are never knowledgeable. I've never had a quality experience in the many locations I've visited. More often than not, they can't be bothered when socializing with their coworkers.
    02-06-12 01:56 PM
    1. The sales associate states that they actually would suggest the customer get a tablet other than a Playbook for various reasons. The crackberry members becomes irate and demands to see the manager and/or posts about the offense here. Its great if they can give you good info on why product "a" is superior to product "b" but often their UNSOLICITED info is biased yet they cannot defend their comments. If you dont truly know about a product the only advice offered should be that they will find someone better equiped to handle the questions LOL

2. The sales associate is not aware of a feature the playbook has -- such as GPS. The crackberry members becomes irate and can't believe how uniformed the stupid sales associate is. How could they not know everything *they* know? They demand to see the manager and post about their experience. Yes and my suggestion would be they spend less time texting people while on the sales floor and more time reading about the products they sell in their given department

Now, there are plenty of incompetent salespeople at Best Buy, but I think its just ridiculous how much people actually get offended if the salesperson doesn't think that the gadget that the customer owns isn't the bestest thing in the world. Who cares? Maybe RIM does, but I don't. I LOVE BlackBerry and want to see them grow, if someone mis-represents the product then yes I should feel annoyed.
    --------------
    02-06-12 01:59 PM
    best buy reps are not paid any commissions, therefore they don't give a crap about what they are selling. They are never knowledgeable. I've never had a quality experience in the many locations I've visited. More often than not, they can't be bothered when socializing with their coworkers.
    LOL Hence the reason for this:
    Why Best Buy is Going out of Business...Gradually - Forbes
    02-06-12 02:02 PM
    No they don't. They have blu-rays consistently priced around $30 while everyone else has them for $15 to $20. They will have sales, of course, but those prices aren't that special. I saw a blu-ray on Amazon for around $10 that BB had for $38. It was a crappy movie, too. Not even a top title. No one should ever shop there for anything.
    Everyone else like who? Please don't say Walmart. I live on NYC and have never seen or know where a Walmart is within 100 miles.

Comparing distribution prices for films(which are determined by producers) at a brick-and-mortar BB to Amazon isn't really fair, of course Amazon is going to be cheaper. But at BB I can walk into any store and return it. Also a pretty good trade-in program on most things.

I'm also a huge gamer and no other place in NYC offers what they do. They're cheaper than both Gamestop and EB.

Sorry if you don't personally approve, but I have no problem spending my cash there.

Cheers!
    02-06-12 04:25 PM
    Hmmm... So articles about Best Buy are true, but articles about RIM are patently false?

Strange logic in this part of town. Therefore I will take my leave.

Cheers!
    simpsonsguy316 likes this.
    02-06-12 04:31 PM
    ...Thank you LOL
    02-06-12 04:40 PM
    To my knowledge, they are not on commission but do get bonuses for selling warranties and probaby specific products. They stopped being on commission a number of years ago when they were close to going under and Microsoft staked them with a bunch of cash....
    They're not on commission, as several years back, they purchased billboard space near locations of a regional chain here in the Atlanta area (The bulk of their locations are in Florida.) called BrandsMart USA stating that their sales staff were non-commissioned (unlike those at BrandsMart USA).

I bought my PlayBook at the Best Buy near my house (I had attempted to by it at two other Best Buy locations elsewhere in town, but one location was sold out of them and the other I couldn't get anyone to help me.) and had done my research and was still debating between the PlayBook and the iPad2. It took some time to finally get a salesman to assist me, and the one I got was very helpful, seemed knowledgeable about all of the tablets in his department, and didn't try to hard sell me on the iPad at all. The only issue I encountered was with their so-called "Geek Squad". I bought a screen protector and paid to have it installed by their "Geek Squad" and these guys told me they weren't any good at it. I end up getting a refund on the install and try to do it myself and messed it up badly (To the extent that I ordered myself an Otterbox despite having bought a convertible case.).

Most of my Blu-Ray collection has come from Best Buy, but most of them were bought on sale. I've started to buy them from Amazon since they're usually cheaper even with the shipping.

I bought a new computer from Best Buy back in December because I needed one ASAP, and ordering one to spec was not an option. I did my research, decided which one I wanted, checked to see if it was in stock at the store by my office (Those online stock level checks are a joke at most stores.), grabbed the last one they had and got in line. The only salesperson I talked to was at the register.

I think that Best Buy is likely to become the next CompUSA or Circuit City. I wouldn't be surprised if within 3-5 years, Best Buy is a network of vending kiosks at airports, hotels, convention centers, and shopping malls.
    02-06-12 05:26 PM
    Well, I for one love best buy. I get most of my gadgets there, including my torch and playbook. And both times they game me a good deal ($199 for the playbook and the torch was free plus a $50 gift card and enrollment into the buypack). I get all my phones there except for my iphone. And that's only because apple doesn't give them enough supply on launch, so the only place to go is the apple store. Yes, I occasionally get approuched by unkowledgeable sales employees, which is fine because I just take advantage to get a lower price.

Also, as far as blu-rays, most new movies are generally only a couple bucks cheaper on amazon, unless you are comparing when amazon has some of there amazing sales (seriously back to the future trilogy for $30 on blu-ray is ridiculus).
    02-06-12 05:54 PM
    as a bestbuy canada employee it sounds our US counter-part has some really bad stores lol.
    02-06-12 06:06 PM
    as a bestbuy canada employee it sounds our US counter-part has some really bad stores lol.
    To be fair, you will always hear more stories about a bad experience than a good one. Especially on Crackberry.
    02-06-12 06:24 PM
    OP. Best Buy associates do not work on Commission. Sorry to destroy your tinfoil hat.
    02-06-12 06:42 PM
    Keep up the good work.

Really cool signature as well!
    02-06-12 06:55 PM
    Everyone else like who? Please don't say Walmart. I live on NYC and have never seen or know where a Walmart is within 100 miles.

Comparing distribution prices for films(which are determined by producers) at a brick-and-mortar BB to Amazon isn't really fair, of course Amazon is going to be cheaper. But at BB I can walk into any store and return it. Also a pretty good trade-in program on most things.

I'm also a huge gamer and no other place in NYC offers what they do. They're cheaper than both Gamestop and EB.

Sorry if you don't personally approve, but I have no problem spending my cash there.

Cheers!
    Well, I shop mostly on Amazon, but I go to Target as well. BB is almost always priced considerably higher than anyone else.
    I know it isn't fair to compare them to Amazon because of overhead, but when it's usually twice as much at BB as anywhere else, then there's a problem.
    02-07-12 10:38 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD