Hi all, I've been lurking here about a week or so whilst deciding on buying a playbook or not and after viewing the many os2.0 videos on YouTube I finally went for it and got myself a shiny new 32GB version.. and so far I'm having trouble putting it down . Can't wait for the update.

Cheers

thestickler
    02-06-12 02:41 AM
    Same here! I just got mine this weekend (Saturday) and I haven't been able to put it down! I've owned about three different tablets (iPad, Kindle Fire, Nook Color) and this is by far the best! Once 2.0 hits this PB will be even that much more amazing, I can't wait!!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-06-12 02:48 AM
    Welcome to the addiction. The PlayBook is probably the most underrated tablet on the market. Its UI is just so damn good. With OS2.0, all the kinks will be worked out, and I may have to buy a second for the lady.
    ordigas and Thunderbuck like this.
    02-06-12 03:44 AM
    Welcome to the "almost-early" adopters family !
    & thanks for sharing
    02-06-12 03:47 AM
    I picked mine up on Friday 2/3 and I am having the same problem of putting it down which I really don't see as a problem. Will be picking up the 9930 Bold Wednesday to go with it. Being a trucker and having a tool like this for paperwork comes in handy.
    daz197 likes this.
    02-06-12 09:58 AM
    when you have something like pb its not difficult to understand what you are going through.

you got to own one to understand the value it brings to you.
    02-06-12 10:27 AM
    RIM'S best PB marketing will come from people slowly and surely picking up the device and falling in love with it and thus expressing that and sharing the device with family, friends and colleagues read about this daily Another thing I notice is that the comments section of anti-PB websites are gathering a lot of PB lovers as well....many commenters who don't even own the device are acknowledging how great it is
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 02-06-12 at 10:45 AM.
    02-06-12 10:40 AM
    Welcome to the PB addiction boys and girls. It is hard to put down, mine sleeps right next to me on its dedicated pillow.
    jonmark likes this.
    02-06-12 10:40 AM
    Same. With the telus fire sale last week, I finally bit the bullet ( i was debating it at 199).

So far, I've done nothing but read ebooks on it all weekend long. Excited for OS2 as I already know a dozen or so features i'm going to be using when i can use some android apps
    02-06-12 01:53 PM
    Congrats on an excellent product that will only get better. For the price paid you cant afford not to buy one
    02-06-12 02:06 PM
    I picked mine up on Friday 2/3 and I am having the same problem of putting it down which I really don't see as a problem. Will be picking up the 9930 Bold Wednesday to go with it. Being a trucker and having a tool like this for paperwork comes in handy.
    I used to drive, too... Would have LOVED a device like the PB, for a lot of different reasons.
    02-06-12 02:20 PM
    I picked mine up on Sunday. It was this site that swayed me over a Archos, and im really excited about the update. Just waiting for my Torch to be delivered now and i'll be complete!
    02-06-12 02:21 PM
    We need to start a new forum for CrackBook
    02-06-12 02:33 PM
    I picked mine up on Sunday. It was this site that swayed me over a Archos, and im really excited about the update. Just waiting for my Torch to be delivered now and i'll be complete!
    Before I got my playbook I had an Archos 70 Internet Tablet. It was ok for a while, just slow.. it ended up being more of dust collector but now due to my recent purchase my dad is enjoying his new toy

As I said in the original post I'm really looking forward to Os 2.0, not least because I'm far to lazy to keep browsing to my gmail . I'm also hoping that netflix and dropbox support will be added but it won't be the end of the world if not.
    02-06-12 03:40 PM
    Hello,

I've ordered mine and I can't wait to get it
    While I'm waiting, could you tell me what you've been doing with it? You said you can't put it down, so how do you use it? What are you using mostly?
    Cheers
    02-06-12 03:54 PM
    Well mostly if I'm reading I've got all my music on there, I visit a few blogs and sites daily so I get up to date with those. I'm slightly addicted to Modern Combat 2 and a few other games so they keep me busy and I browse around on here a fair bit.
    DAnklaud likes this.
    02-06-12 04:13 PM
    Newbie here as well, picked up my 32GB playbook on Friday and am loving it.
    02-06-12 04:18 PM
    Before I got my playbook I had an Archos 70 Internet Tablet. It was ok for a while, just slow.. it ended up being more of dust collector but now due to my recent purchase my dad is enjoying his new toy

As I said in the original post I'm really looking forward to Os 2.0, not least because I'm far to lazy to keep browsing to my gmail . I'm also hoping that netflix and dropbox support will be added but it won't be the end of the world if not.
    If you download Files and Folders from App world you can access your DropBox files.
    LeKeiser likes this.
    02-06-12 04:58 PM
    After 3 android tabs last december , i took them back by boxing day and got my 32g playbook and havent looked back, granted i think there still features missing but i love it and cant wait for OS 2
    02-06-12 07:16 PM
    Hi guys just a quick hello, I snagged a Playbook on eBay for �125 about a month ago and haven't put it down since :-) . I must say this is the most friendly and helpful forum I have ever been on , a far cry from my usual haunt of xda where I feed my HP touchpad cm9 addiction. I love them both but in slightly different ways the touchpad for tinkering/rom flashing and Playbook for a relaxing read. Anyways just wanted to say HI!
    Last edited by gingerdude; 02-08-12 at 02:45 PM.
    02-08-12 02:43 PM
    By this point in time with all the references to this and that being a cliche ,id say cliches are cliche. so "Is it a clich� to hate clich�s?" almost if not already
    02-08-12 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD