is it ok if i give it to him?

can you do anything crazy like remote stop it
    03-12-12 04:25 PM
    Well, who is this someone? RIM employee?
    03-12-12 04:35 PM
    Well, who is this someone? RIM employee?
    no. just a buyer
    03-12-12 04:39 PM
    Why can't you tell him that you still have a legit warranty by not telling your serial number.
    Just tell him that or doesn't he believe you?
    03-12-12 04:44 PM
    Show him your receipt
    03-12-12 04:48 PM
    How does a serial number help him? The warranty begins on the day you purchased the Playbook, so unless you purchased from shopblackberry.com, how does RIM know when you purchased your PB. Do you have the receipt? If so, show him the reciept.
    03-12-12 04:50 PM
    Unlike apple products, there isn't a website for the public to check warranty status based on serial numbers. BlackBerry may have some record of when a device was first registered by a user. However, in my case I purchased an open box PB, and so it might have been activated by someone else weeks or months prior to my purchase. So I am keeping my original receipt in a very save place for the future as proof. Having said that, the receipt does not show serial number... I am not sure what exactly BB is going to say.

I must say Apple does a much better job in keeping a record of all their products' serial numbers for warranty.
    03-12-12 05:04 PM
    Additionally, and this might not help you - but the warranty goes to the original purchaser and not a second buyer. So you'd could qualify but the purchaser will not. In addition, the warranty is for one year so there's still a month left for the oldest sold models.
    03-12-12 05:06 PM
    Additionally, and this might not help you - but the warranty goes to the original purchaser and not a second buyer. So you'd could qualify but the purchaser will not. In addition, the warranty is for one year so there's still a month left for the oldest sold models.
    Unless the receipt has the buyer's name, how would BB know whether you are the original buyer (when you are holding the original receipt)?

Don't forget, the first person/email activated the PB is not necessary the owner.
    03-12-12 05:15 PM
    Maybe the guy is looking for his lost PB and he knows the PIN.
    03-12-12 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD