I did post similar in the Apps subforum but not getting much in the way of replies, guesses or help.

I have copied a series of Videos to the Video folder. Those videos show up there. About 20 of them.

But when I use any of three separate File Manager or Explorer apps only the same 13 show up. The others do not show up in the Video folder. They are physically on the pb in the video folder - I see them with both the usb connection and wifi sharing.

But extending their missing status, I just got the MovieSRT app. It allows subtitles to show along with the movie if you have the .srt files. Okay, I moved two new videos and their srt files to the Video folder. When I open the SRT app, only the same 13 that show in the File Manager apps show in this program. But those new videos show up when I open the Video app and they play.

So as noted in the title - they are semi-missing. And, yes, I've rebooted a number of times.

What's now somewhat additionally interesting is that I have again MOVED and copied them on/off the pb. Moving them on, some of the ones that were missing show up but the others are still missing. The videos are a combination of avi, mov, mp4 and even 3gp files. They all play in the Video app. They all have a mix of letters, numbers, dashes in their respective filenames. So no rhyme or reason that I can see any differences.

Ideas? Just another, ahem, bug? Any help or guesses appreciated.
    06-02-11 12:30 AM
    Have I potentially solved my own problem? It is getting late and copying large avi files is slow.

But I have a strange feeling that copying files using wifi sharing does not correctly update the directory or folder info on the PB. I am "physically" copying the files now using the usb cord and so far some of them seem to be appearing on the PB in the various FileManager apps and in the MovieSRTPlayer.

Still copying using usb and they are starting to show up.

Is wifi-sharing bollixed up? Is it Vista Home Premium? Any combination?

Sheesh - Now I have to see if other files I've copied via wifi sharing a missing in certain instances.
    06-02-11 12:41 AM
    I've gone through the exercise of downloading mp3s and docs and pdfs to the PB and transferring them wirelessly to the PB and while the location and visibility of these files has been spotty, they all open and run fine, which is the main thing.

But the DM backup and restore isn't functioning, so until that stabilizes, I won't bother loading up the PB. As it is the PB backup files are very large and eat up desktop disk space. I sure hope the next QNX update fixes backup and restore. At this early stage, its not such a big deal since most of my keeper stuff is still elsewhere, but as more functions come online for the PB, we need to be able to rely on it
    06-02-11 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD