Created a playlist called Instrumentals Only in iTunes; This syncs nicely to the PB.
    Then I Deleted the playlist called Instrumentals Only in iTunes.

I then created a playlist called Classical Only in iTunes. This also syncs nicely to PB. The only problem is, it DELETED all Instrumentals Only.

So, now all I have is the original Playlist that came with the PB and Classical Only.
    If I delete Classical Only from iTunes, then add Instrumentals Only, my Classical Only are deleted.

It seems that when you sync using the Desktop Manager, the songs in one playlist are first deleted and the new one is added in.

Perhaps I should keep both playlists in iTunes and then try to sync them.

Any ideas on creating 3, 4, or 5 playlists that keep all music in each playlist would be appreciated.
    10-08-11 03:01 PM

It seems that when you sync using the Desktop Manager, the songs in one playlist are first deleted and the new one is added in.

Perhaps I should keep both playlists in iTunes and then try to sync them.

Any ideas on creating 3, 4, or 5 playlists that keep all music in each playlist would be appreciated.
    You have answered your own question. Enjoy your multitude of playlists.
    10-08-11 03:13 PM
    I HATE automatic syncing. It does what you've experienced. I prefer to manually copy/backup my data so that THE SYNC ROUTINE does not second guess what files I want where.
    kbz1960 and BSFA2008 like this.
    10-08-11 03:40 PM
    the problem is you have deleted the playlist in iTunes. DM interprets it as... you manage your media in iTunes and delete a playlist there, it is then deleted everywhere if sync'd.

to me its a flaw with iTunes. some may think it can be good.
    so just to clarify, whatever is in tunes can be "linked" to your media players. if you delete something in itunes say good bye once you sync. even if you forget

you can create as many playlists as you want

FYI i never sync media. I just drag the playlists/songs/vids whatever over via wifi or usb, i despise iTunes. more trouble than its worth IMO
    have fun
    BSFA2008 likes this.
    10-08-11 06:13 PM
    I HATE automatic syncing. It does what you've experienced. I prefer to manually copy/backup my data so that THE SYNC ROUTINE does not second guess what files I want where.
    Then you are REALLY going to hate having native email on both the phone and the Playbook. (syncing issues)
    Exactly why I prefer it only on the phone and bridged. Also probably one of the reasons it is taking so long, along with addressing security issues. Native email on a single device is relatively easy.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-08-11 at 07:36 PM.
    10-08-11 06:20 PM
    if you delete something in itunes say good bye once you sync. even if you forget
    Of course. "Sync" is short for "synchronize," after all.
    10-08-11 06:20 PM
    Then you are REALLY going to hate having native email on both the phone and the Playbook.
    I think what the commenter "hates" is that we're 6 months post-launch and native e-mail is still a "going to" on the PlayBook.
    10-08-11 06:23 PM
    I think what the commenter "hates" is that we're 6 months post-launch and native e-mail is still a "going to" on the PlayBook.
    Strange, I don't see where the commenter said that. I read - "I hate automatic syncing". I see where YOU said that. Actually I wasn't even aware of that until you said it just now. We don't have native email yet? Thanks for the news! Nice to have you around to keep us posted. (over and over and over and over...)
    10-08-11 06:26 PM
    Now where in the world did you get that assumption?
    10-08-11 06:27 PM
    Then you are REALLY going to hate having native email on both the phone and the Playbook. (syncing issues)
    I need something to hate so bring it on. Actually, I've never been super hot on native email. I just want what we have to check my spelling and I want to be able to pinch/zoom email. I would use native email on vacations where I could check the stuff that is filtered out on my BB. The web versions really do not perform all that well.

If I'm the "one" referred to as original commenter - Hey, I can defend myself. And it is not quite 6 months late but I'm sure it as well as a2dp, search in webpages, pdfs and docs will also be late. Bookmark rename, etc, etc and so forth will all be at least SIX MONTHS late.
    Last edited by F2; 10-08-11 at 07:41 PM.
    10-08-11 07:37 PM
    Speaking of webmail I've noticed that yahoo mobile is much nicer now then it use to be. I'm disliking yahoo's newest webmail even on my lappy as when messenger tells me I have new mail and I have the page open there is no mail a lot of times, I hit refresh and spin spin spin. The only I've found that works is to either close the tab and reload it or click on drafts then click on inbox and then click on refresh ugh but that's a yahoo issue and I'm getting off track once again.
    10-08-11 07:47 PM
    I hate that the library is not synche'd both ways. if i add a new song on pb which is not in media player/computer library, it doesnt get copied from the pb when i synch, and it doesnt get deleted from pb eventhough it's not in wmp library. anything added to wmp since last synch will be copied to the pb.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    10-08-11 08:54 PM
    Exactly why I prefer it only on the phone and bridged. Also probably one of the reasons it is taking so long, along with addressing security issues. Native email on a single device is relatively easy.
    apples and oranges.

Email =/= Music

If I delete an email one place, I WANT it deleted everywhere. That is not necessarily true for songs and playlists.
    anon(3641385) and Wongsky like this.
    10-27-11 04:10 PM
    When cleaning up iTunes (deleting old playlists), the playlists are easily removed from iTunes, but remain on the Playbook no matter how many times syncing using the BB Desktop. Does anyone know how to delete the playlists on the Playbook?
    04-26-13 11:49 AM
    When cleaning up iTunes (deleting old playlists), the playlists are easily removed from iTunes, but remain on the Playbook no matter how many times syncing using the BB Desktop. Does anyone know how to delete the playlists on the Playbook?
    I am guessing that the sync-ed playlists wind up either in the Music folder or some subfolder under them. The ones I know about are *.m3u files where the * would be the name you gave them. If they are elsewhere, you might have to search.
    04-26-13 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD