So, I have a few things I would like some clarification...

I've been a long time blackberry user and is technical enough to understand but the playbook is a different beast.

here are some issues that I've had...

Last night, when I tried to use it. It would not turn on. I tried holding power and the vol up button for rest but nothing happened. So, I went and plugged it and after a few min it was up and running again. This is the first time I've had this issue but it seems to be the worst.

How bad is the playbook battery? I've had it charged to 100% and I understand that watching youtube video kills the battery. But I've had the playbook go from 80% to next day 14%. Is that normal? Then I charge it and within 30min, the battery is full again.

Also, I notice that sometimes I am using the playbook and it would just shut itself off. It is as if someone unplugged it and I have to restart the playbook.

Next thing that I've experience is the browser... sometimes the brower would close itself. It is like the 9700 where it doesn't have enough RAM to run it.

Are these things normal? I'm thinking of erasing the OS and reloading it from scratch. How do I do that? Would that fix these issues?
    jpash549 likes this.
    11-15-13 02:52 PM
    First, have you sideloaded any apps, whether android or other? Some can continue to run. Actually, appworld has some android apps and they can sometimes run.

How old is the PB? Batteries can fade.

Games and browsing do seem to eat battery power.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-15-13 04:01 PM
    I find if I leave apps open eg kalemsoft player open and paused on showcase the battery takes a battering..the same with some other apps...generally android apps...try switching off showcase?? Ive noticed mine doing same in past week or so and id def switched showcase back on.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    11-15-13 04:34 PM
    Many answers helpful in solving Playbook prolems can be found in this forum. Here are two other sources:

Tool Kit

http://www.troubleshootingtoolkit.co...?lang=1&id=223

Blackberry Forum

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...lSupportForums
    11-17-13 04:14 PM

I've been a long time blackberry user and is technical enough to understand but the playbook is a different beast.

Last night, when I tried to use it. It would not turn on. I tried holding power and the vol up button for rest but nothing happened. So, I went and plugged it and after a few min it was up and running again. This is the first time I've had this issue but it seems to be the worst.

How bad is the playbook battery? I've had it charged to 100% and I understand that watching youtube video kills the battery. But I've had the playbook go from 80% to next day 14%. Is that normal? Then I charge it and within 30min, the battery is full again.

Also, I notice that sometimes I am using the playbook and it would just shut itself off. It is as if someone unplugged it and I have to restart the playbook.

Next thing that I've experience is the browser... sometimes the brower would close itself. It is like the 9700 where it doesn't have enough RAM to run it.

Are these things normal? I'm thinking of erasing the OS and reloading it from scratch. How do I do that? Would that fix these issues?
    If i'm hammering on games, (galaxy of fire, very graphics intensive), or anything RAM intensive, i'll drain it pretty quick, maybe 6-8 hrs,,, you're ok,,, w/ light use, it'll go 2-3, sometimes 4 days...
    11-17-13 04:52 PM

sometimes an inadvertant touch on the screen will do this...
    11-17-13 04:55 PM
    if you want to do a wipe, go to security setting & follow the instructions, then use either desk top manager or link to reinstall os,,, both are available on bbs' website...
    11-17-13 04:57 PM

Charging from 14% to full in thirty minutes is definitely abnormal and might indicate something seriously wrong with the battery. You could check with BB Support and should do so if you have any warranty left or try even if it is out of warranty. Using Battery Guru which costs a couple of dollars in the app world can help track down battery issues. I assume that you are using the charger that comes with the PB and plugs into the micro USB port.

Playbook battery charge can drop from 80% to 14% overnight if some app continues to operate. You don't say whether you left the PB in standby, airplane mode or turned off. If turned off this is definitely abnormal.
    11-17-13 06:29 PM

Other than the annoying, occasional browser close, the other concerns don't seem abnormal. I've had all three happen to me. The PlayBook comes with a rapid charger, so a fast charge doesn't surprise me. I wish my rapid charger still worked! Lol. I think I over worked it giving it double duty between my PB and my phone. If wifi and especially bluetooth are left on, the battery will continue to drain. Mine has gone from nearly full battery to dead within a couple of days with those left on. If they are turned off, it lasts quite a bit longer. The browser closing I have never figured out. I could see if I was power multitasking, but it's never crapped out while doing that. It's always been when just the browser was open and seemingly nothing too special going on. Some websites seem to do it more than others. Mine does it on the Crackberry site I attempt to navigate the site before it fully loads.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 07:28 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestion... I kinda lost track of the thread...

So, no, i don't use my PB for gaming... the only android app that i've sideloaded was whatsapp which annoys the crap outta me when it forces you to update. BBM > all other IM

I'm a light PB user... i mostly just read the newspaper, check twitter, facebook and watch a few youtube video but only for like an hours a night.

i usually leave PB on standby... i can understand the battery drain if apps are left open but the only apps that i leave open is usually the browser.

From all your comments, it seems to be a pretty normal occurance... at least with browser closing and random restarts.

i'll look into reinstall OS from scratch... gosh the legacy devices are so much similar then bb10... lol
    11-20-13 11:36 AM