Here are some interesting looking PlayBook applications I was able to come across earlier today.

HyperBible ( HyperBible Application ) BlackBerry PlayBook Bible App

Pocket Portrait Lighting ( Pocket Portrait Lighting ) An app for photographers

NetFlix Queue Manager ( NetFlix Queue Manager ) An app that lets you manage your NetFlix selections

Finance Assistant ( Finance Assistant (Application) ) PlayBook™ application that
    provides popular financial functions.

What do you guys think are missing with a some of the apps currently being approved/released on AppWorld? What would you like to see in future apps? (graphic-intensive, complexity,????)

Feel free to share anything you have about current PB apps, games...!!!
    02-05-11 03:22 AM
    Thanks for the post, hyperbible is right up my alley, will be using this for my studies.
    02-05-11 03:39 AM
    What I would like to see is more e-reading apps. For now we have two, one is Kobo and other is Kindle. But I would like to see more as I will buy the Playbook mainly for reading e-books on it.
    02-05-11 04:12 AM
    Would like to see "enterprise" apps. Oracle, SQLServer, SYBASE clients (of course you can't do those). Remote connection/administration to Windows and Unix workstations and Servers (ya know we have to, cmon, telnet, ftp, RDP, SMS, MTP). And seeing it's that time of the year here in the US, how about TURBOTAX!!!!!!
    02-05-11 08:59 AM
    I'm looking to a Bible for whatever tablet I decide to go with.
    Do you know if that HyberBible can go full page? I don't really care for the scroll looking paper

As far as missing. The Netflix App, not the queue manager

RDP client and network admin utils...
    02-05-11 09:05 AM
    How can these be added to the simulator? I got it running and would love to try apps out.
    02-05-11 10:22 AM
    02-05-11 10:23 AM
    SKYPE!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-05-11 10:29 AM
    What I would like to see is more e-reading apps. For now we have two, one is Kobo and other is Kindle. But I would like to see more as I will buy the Playbook mainly for reading e-books on it.
    I totally agree with you, I'm hoping some of the developers currently making apps for the PB will take notice of this and come up with something.
    02-05-11 12:52 PM
    i am sure there will be a kindle app atleast. Maybe even nook. There are several in the android market already that can be ported over easily i would think it that dev took the time to do it.
    02-05-11 12:56 PM
    Would like to see "enterprise" apps. Oracle, SQLServer, SYBASE clients (of course you can't do those). Remote connection/administration to Windows and Unix workstations and Servers (ya know we have to, cmon, telnet, ftp, RDP, SMS, MTP). And seeing it's that time of the year here in the US, how about TURBOTAX!!!!!!
    I was hoping someone will mention Turbotax. So far, I have seen a few apps that are supposed to help individuals with managing their finances. Since few of those have already surfaced, I don't doubt Turbotax or a derivative is next in the line. Either by the parent company or someone out there.
    02-05-11 12:58 PM
    i am sure there will be a kindle app atleast. Maybe even nook. There are several in the android market already that can be ported over easily i would think it that dev took the time to do it.
    True, and since there was talks about the PlayBook being able to Run Android apps. Chances are users will be able to take advantage of what Google has to offer with their online book store. I can't list any benefits yet but I'm sure there will be plenty from a user's standpoint.
    02-05-11 01:00 PM
    I'm looking to a Bible for whatever tablet I decide to go with.
    Do you know if that HyberBible can go full page? I don't really care for the scroll looking paper

As far as missing. The Netflix App, not the queue manager

RDP client and network admin utils...
    I'm not sure if the Bible text can be maximized to full screen. I have sent an email to the developer asking him to tell me more about the application. As soon as I hear back from him I will share the information with you. You can also post the question in the HyperBible thread incase the developer passes through there.
    02-05-11 01:08 PM
    How can these be added to the simulator? I got it running and would love to try apps out.
    Good question, I'm yet to attempt that myself. I will find out and let you know.
    02-05-11 01:13 PM
    I'm looking forward to the main travel apps (Worldmate and Tripit etc.) being available.

Also I would love a simple app to make simple lists on, I keep a to do list on a paper notebook, I would love to have it in the playbook. The few apps I've seen for other platforms are to complex and an issue to use, just a simple list.
    02-05-11 01:16 PM
    Good question, I'm yet to attempt that myself. I will find out and let you know.
    Thank you. The simulator is nice to "handle" the os now and then see apps running would be good, if this can be done.

EDIT: Can you get the network to work in the vmware player? I can't and sound is ok, but the typing clicks go in and out, though this is beta so I assume some bugs.
    Last edited by sandmanfvr; 02-05-11 at 01:46 PM.
    02-05-11 01:37 PM
    I'm looking forward to the main travel apps (Worldmate and Tripit etc.) being available.

Also I would love a simple app to make simple lists on, I keep a to do list on a paper notebook, I would love to have it in the playbook. The few apps I've seen for other platforms are to complex and an issue to use, just a simple list.
    I might just have the thing you are looking for, it's called BluePad. It's very much like Wordpad but simplified to be easy on the eyes. I've emailed the developer for more information so I can share it with the public. Keep a look out for the Applications section on Board Index
    02-05-11 02:13 PM
    Thank you. The simulator is nice to "handle" the os now and then see apps running would be good, if this can be done.

EDIT: Can you get the network to work in the vmware player? I can't and sound is ok, but the typing clicks go in and out, though this is beta so I assume some bugs.
    You are welcome, I think you can get the network to work on the simulator. Let me PM Shao128 since he created the Crackberry launcher. He might know a way to get it to work. I will be back with an answer.
    02-05-11 02:21 PM
    I'm not sure if the Bible text can be maximized to full screen. I have sent an email to the developer asking him to tell me more about the application. As soon as I hear back from him I will share the information with you. You can also post the question in the HyperBible thread incase the developer passes through there.
    Thanks P.B.B I should have also asked would it go into Portrait mode.

As far as TurboTax I think there's an iPhone/iPad app for it. I doubt we'll see it this year but next year I think they would have one available
    02-05-11 02:38 PM
    Is it possible to get access to the official Skype app on Playbook?
    02-05-11 02:40 PM
    Is it possible to get access to the official Skype app on Playbook?

That app was not designed for the PlayBook Tablet OS, so even if you get it on the PlayBook the device won't know how to execute it. But if you can get someone to port it to the Playbook you may be able to use it on your device.
    02-05-11 02:48 PM
    official skype app should come i would think. just have to give them time. The version they are working on for android/honeycomb is not quite ready yet either from what i understand.
    02-05-11 03:05 PM
    I definitely need that Google anatomy app they have for the Xoom.

02-05-11 03:17 PM
    I definitely need that Google anatomy app they have for the Xoom.

Have you seen the Google Body Browser? I hope Mozilla comes up with FireFox 4 for the PlayBook so I can test it on the PLayBook. You can check it out here: Google Body - Google Labs
    02-05-11 03:53 PM
    Downloaded the playbook sdk (non adobe) and want to try that.
    02-05-11 05:08 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD