just clamoring around the app section of this site and came across this:

I sent an email to Skype about 2 weeks ago and their response was they're working on it and it should be out in early 2012.

I'm assuming developers are working with OS2 and this stuff will show-up when OS2 is released in February

original post

finally, some skype action!
    12-25-11 12:54 PM
    This if true will indeed be good news. Being able to chat on Skype and walk around without the weighty laptop is good news.
    12-25-11 01:57 PM

original post

If true, this is the best news for independent developers since Angry Birds became a reality. The third lynch pin is most certainly NetFlix. Soon there will be no reason at all for consumers not to buy a PlayBook. Good news, indeed, for me as I try to make a go with my own modest offerings!
    12-25-11 02:03 PM
    Skype better come around fast.
    I was on their forums and I saw this, which was posted today (On Christmas):
    Well just thought I'd let you know that I am returning 2 blackberry playbooks tomorrow and exchanging them for iPads, due to the fact that there is no skype.
    It's the last post on this thread: blackberry playbook - Page 4
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 12-25-11 at 03:31 PM.
    12-25-11 03:26 PM
    If true, this is the best news for independent developers since Angry Birds became a reality. The third lynch pin is most certainly NetFlix. Soon there will be no reason at all for consumers not to buy a PlayBook. Good news, indeed, for me as I try to make a go with my own modest offerings!
    Except for the fact that it will soon be a year old.
    The_Kills likes this.
    12-25-11 03:28 PM

original post

can you at least show some prove of that email!!??.. that would be great
    12-25-11 03:51 PM
    Skype is the one third-party app that I need. I expect that the PIM apps will be forthcoming from RIM. I get Skype then I'm a happy camper.
    12-25-11 04:34 PM
    Awesome news indeed.

Now, would you pay for a skype app if they made it a paid app?
    12-25-11 04:57 PM
    I know we should not have to pay for a skype app, but in my case I would because my Mother is in Europe and through skype I get to see her every Sunday. She has a computer and skype installed, but other than that she knows nothing about computers. If there was a decent alternative I wouldn't use skype.
    If there was skype for the playbook, I could take her with me to different places, that would be awesome.
    For example today, we had a family get together at my wife's Dad's house for Christmas. No computer there but open wifi from across the street. Would have been awesome to get online with her on skype and say hello to everybody using my PB.
    Last edited by ralfyguy; 12-25-11 at 05:20 PM.
    12-25-11 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.