I just bought the playbook and loved it so far. The hd video recording is the best. However I noticed that some flash only websites crash on playbook while they work fine in Xoom, here is one example:

theoptionslab.com

so far the only tablet that works with the site is the Xoom, which I hate.

I have tried this from several playbooks and they all crashed.

any idea why this is the case ?
    05-17-11 07:02 PM
    Just wait the update of the flash player, no?
    05-17-11 07:04 PM
    true, I cannot wait for next OS update.
    05-17-11 07:14 PM
    I just bought the playbook and loved it so far. The hd video recording is the best. However I noticed that some flash only websites crash on playbook while they work fine in Xoom, here is one example:

theoptionslab.com

so far the only tablet that works with the site is the Xoom, which I hate.

I have tried this from several playbooks and they all crashed.

any idea why this is the case ?
    Did you try running it without flash ?
    05-17-11 07:15 PM
    whats the version of flash the xoom is upto now? if its higher then 10.2 then thats our answer. other wise its a browser problem, something that will be fixed in a update. as it is some websites don't 100% support our browser or many mobile browsers.
    05-17-11 07:35 PM
    Xoom got 10.3 like a week ago. 10.3 contains performance optimizations for both the Xoom and Playbook processors. I cant wait until we get our update.
    05-17-11 07:38 PM
    Did you try running it without flash ?
    no, I didn't. since it is 100% flash site, without flash, it probably won't work
    05-17-11 07:40 PM
    Xoom had Flash 10.3 update last week and the update for Playbook is on way...hopefully in the next OS update
    05-17-11 07:42 PM
    whats the version of flash the xoom is upto now? if its higher then 10.2 then thats our answer. other wise its a browser problem, something that will be fixed in a update. as it is some websites don't 100% support our browser or many mobile browsers.
    I tried both Xoom and Playbook about 10 days ago in Bestbuy store before I purchased Playbook. I did not check the flash version that Xoom uses.

once you play with playbook, it is impossible to go back to Xoom, I wish all flash sites work in playbook.
    05-17-11 07:45 PM
    Xoom had Flash 10.3 update last week and the update for Playbook is on way...hopefully in the next OS update

that is good to know, thank you.
    05-17-11 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD