05-17-13 02:56 AM
52 123
tools
    alright, where do i start.
    a couple of weeks ago i posted a question/ concern about bb10 coming to playbook on the blackberry community support forums , needless to say the answer i got was the generic we dont know when BB10 will be coming to playbook so i aptly marked that my issue was not resolved.

So a few mins ago i got a phone call and my fiance picks up the phone looks at me and says someones calling but the number only showed up at 585. So really confused and a little concerned i pick up the phone and there is a really nice lady on the phone and she tells me shes from Blackberry and shes calling relating to my issue not being solved.

we talked about several things regarding BB and the playbook for one that the Pim apps took almost a year when they were supposed to take 30 days so i expressed my concern that this will be the case with BB10. while she said she could not provide any dates because they didnt have any she seemed pretty confident that this will not be the case. strange for someone that has no definitive dates.

Mentioning the playbook and BB10 she also said there is a rumour going around there will (she seemed certain about this) be a new tablet from Blackberry, But it will not be called "Playbook" .....witch would only make sense as they NEED to rebuild their mind share.

my final question was the bb z10 released with OS10 and they Q10 is releasing with OS10.1 is it unreasonable that the playbook and the rumoured next gen tablet from BB would have OS10.2 ? she replied saying this is not unreasonable at all and it sounded like she was being careful with her words.

We talked about other things as well but what i have posted is more of the bread and butter of the conversation. She concluded acutally by telling me she was impressed with my knowledge of Blackberry.

Honestly what was bothering me most was that no one was talking about BB10 for the playbook and this completely restored my faith.
    Last edited by Barracuda7772; 04-12-13 at 10:36 PM.
    jghone, lcjr, nappp and 13 others like this.
    04-12-13 04:43 PM
    Honestly what was bothering me most was that no one was talking about BB10 for the playbook and this completely restored my faith.
    Thanks for sharing that information with us.
    04-12-13 04:58 PM
    Thanks for sharing that information with us.
    no worries.
    I will share anymore info I get.

I forgot to mention I also asked about bridge funtionality returning to full capacity she told me that yes this is being worked on and BBRY is fully aware of the customers disdain on the issue and this will be remedied when BB10 hits the playbook
    04-12-13 05:13 PM
    no worries.

I forgot to mention I also asked about bridge funtionality returning to full capacity she told me that yes this is being worked on and BBRY is fully aware of the customers disdain on the issue and this will be remedied when BB10 hits the playbook
    Well, I wonder if we should keep our level of DISDAIN VERY HIGH so that they remain aware of OUR DISDAIN and do not forget to fix bridge and end OUR DISDAIN!
    04-12-13 05:42 PM
    Well, I wonder if we should keep our level of DISDAIN VERY HIGH so that they remain aware of OUR DISDAIN and do not forget to fix bridge and end OUR DISDAIN!
    not at the threat of sounding bitter. They know and they are working on it. I'm confident that we won't be waiting too much longer and heck even if we do I have a kid and one on the way to keep me busy
    bitek likes this.
    04-12-13 05:52 PM
    Faith, trust
    rim, blackberry
    hum
    well
    good luck for the waiting
    04-12-13 05:59 PM
    basically the same thing some day soon which could be 3 weeks or 10 months ,the same information was being passed around 4 months ago in january,why can't they just pick a date and aim for it so everyone knows where they stand,they want playbook owners to support the z10 but they have put no support into making the playbook known as a twin device to the z10,so right now i could'nt give 2 hoots about the z10 as i have been waiting for a date since december but they can't even give us that courtesy so i'm done with any support or promotion of the z10 could'nt care if it fails or is a success anymore
    FF22, taz323 and BB_Bmore like this.
    04-12-13 06:33 PM
    thats understandable there are many in similar situations.
    what do you currently use your playbook for ?
    04-12-13 06:43 PM
    So let me get this straight: you are feeling some DISDAIN that bridge has not yet been fixed for Playbook / BB10?

You should really be more clear with your posts sir.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed10
    04-12-13 07:26 PM
    BlackBerry live I hope :/
    04-12-13 09:20 PM
    Cool. Thanks for the post Barracuda! I for one am a patient guy who is fully enjoying what I have. I didn't buy a Playbook or a Z10 for anything but to enjoy and utilize for what they do, how they do it and I love them both. What they do is amaze me, entertain me and keep me in communication with the world around me. And they do it well. Any future updates are like icing on the cake for me and I take any promise from anybody with a grain of salt. I believe that BlackBerry would drop BB10 for the Playbook tomorrow if they could. Any delay of a product that enhances a users experience and creates more sales only hurts them, so I assume it's simply because they can't for whatever reason. I'm typing this little response right now on my Playbook. It's an awesome device that I use on a daily basis and....uh, excuse me....my Z10 just chirped....BBM message from a buddy....gotta go. Peace ya'll!
    El Bori, Vorkosigan and eddy_berry like this.
    04-12-13 09:22 PM
    The only usefulness I have with my PlayBook is a music player and an alarm clock. PlayBook support is completely dead for now.

Broken Facebook app for almost half a year. Really?
    Too many games and few popular apps.
    tsells and Dominic Hayes like this.
    04-12-13 09:40 PM
    Hopefully BB10 for PB brings more popular native apps to the Playbook. Developers have more incentive then because they can target the Z10, Q10 and PB at the same time, instead of developing multiple apps. The Android player right now is prone to crashes and needs a system restart to get running again.

Hey but who am I kidding? It's RIM we're talking about here, the RIM that's made an art of making false promises The only other major mobile manufacturer that moved at the same glacial pace with the same disdain for customers was pre-2011 Nokia.
    04-12-13 09:54 PM
    This is going to sound dumb and argumentative, BUT it isnt meant to be. Really...
    Why is it important to have BB10 on the PlayBook? Is it for the apps? Will it do something different that it doesn't do now?
    I've owned a PlayBook since fall of 2011 and it works great! No complaints at all. Yes, I would like to see Netflix on it as compared to my Z10, but other than that, I'm not sure what I'm missing?
    Is it the integration with the Z10?
    Thanks.

From Zed to U via CB
    MrRtic and jamesharmeling like this.
    04-12-13 10:13 PM
    Hopefully BB10 for PB brings more popular native apps to the Playbook. Developers have more incentive then because they can target the Z10, Q10 and PB at the same time, instead of developing multiple apps. The Android player right now is prone to crashes and needs a system restart to get running again.

Hey but who am I kidding? It's RIM we're talking about here, the RIM that's made an art of making false promises The only other major mobile manufacturer that moved at the same glacial pace with the same disdain for customers was pre-2011 Nokia.
    umm RIM is dead........its Blackberry now baby and this is the new Blackberry.

for a company that contacts its customers directly and feels bad that they can't give us a date for bb10 on playbook does give me a lot of faith in the company. a lot of blackberry customers are upset because they feel they are not being heard but this proves we are.

I very much agree that if bb10 would of been out yesterday on playbook it would of been. its only better for buisness for it to come sooner rather than later.
    malcerie and jamesharmeling like this.
    04-12-13 10:31 PM
    This is going to sound dumb and argumentative, BUT it isnt meant to be. Really...
    Why is it important to have BB10 on the PlayBook? Is it for the apps? Will it do something different that it doesn't do now?
    I've owned a PlayBook since fall of 2011 and it works great! No complaints at all. Yes, I would like to see Netflix on it as compared to my Z10, but other than that, I'm not sure what I'm missing?
    Is it the integration with the Z10?
    Thanks.

From Zed to U via CB
    yes its apps for 1, but not just apps from bb world but also a new keyboard, browser. see the playbooks system apps.right now are programmed in adobe air, this is an incredibly slow memory hungry programming language. these would all be replaced with native or cascades apps that wouod be much much more efficient.

it will bring a much needed refresh to the UI,and several new features along with proper bridge support. there are many others as well
    04-12-13 10:35 PM
    So let me get this straight: you are feeling some DISDAIN that bridge has not yet been fixed for Playbook / BB10?

You should really be more clear with your posts sir.

My comments were in reference to:

"I forgot to mention I also asked about bridge funtionality returning to full capacity she told me that yes this is being worked on and BBRY is fully aware of the customers disdain on the issue and this will be remedied when BB10 hits the playbook "
    04-12-13 10:40 PM
    Hate to say this but I have dealt with BlackBerry support and the first person was a bozo that wasted my time. The second person to help me knew their stuff. But none of them worked for BlackBerry, they were contracted support staff from a support company. I don't have any faith what was being said is true, just a bunch of platitudes.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2
    04-12-13 10:41 PM
    yes its apps for 1, but not just apps from bb world but also a new keyboard, browser. see the playbooks system apps.right now are programmed in adobe air, this is an incredibly slow memory hungry programming language. these would all be replaced with native or cascades apps that wouod be much much more efficient.

it will bring a much needed refresh to the UI,and several new features along with proper bridge support. there are many others as well
    Kk. That makes sense. My playbook is mainly used to bank, pay bills and to watch on line shows, documentaries etc... would be nice to stream better.
    If BB10 comes to the PlayBook great. If not, I will eventually look at buying the new Blackberry tablet.
    I did only pay $199 for mine in 2011. A steal in my eyes. Thanks for the info!

From Zed to U via CB
    04-12-13 11:18 PM
    Maybe they will update sometime this year. Got to happen one day surely. My playbook is quite lovely to use.
    04-13-13 02:40 AM
    My comments were in reference to:

"I forgot to mention I also asked about bridge funtionality returning to full capacity she told me that yes this is being worked on and BBRY is fully aware of the customers disdain on the issue and this will be remedied when BB10 hits the playbook "
    I guess I should've included an obligatory "" or "/sarcasm" because my response was purely tongue in cheek. Didn't intend to come off as me misunderstanding your post.

FF22 likes this.
    04-13-13 12:20 PM
    no worries.

I wish they would share that information in writing. By the time they get it done thousands will already have switched to other platforms.
    mmarco likes this.
    04-13-13 08:48 PM

My Android player use to do this a lot and it was quite annoying. Come to find out, it wasn't that the player was prone to crash it was something that happened during the OS install. I know this because I wiped and reloaded and have never needed to reboot because of the Android player crashing since. It actually performs quite well. A little slow depending on the app but I never have crash issues at all anymore.

Just thought I'd share that as I know how annoying it was.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    04-13-13 09:27 PM
    So my question is is the PlayBook still crippled if you are using BES with a Z10?
    04-14-13 06:06 AM
    To be perfectly honest at this point playbook without bb10 is really handicapped. Playbook is not getting the apps of z10 at all except for some games. On the top of that feature that I like the most - bridge is pretty much non existent on playbook coupled with z10. I want bridge back on playbook like yesterday. I said that before as much as I like playbook I will get rid off it once nexus 7 HD comes out and playbook does not get bb10 update and gets the bridge functionality back. I get it that playbook is no priority for blackberry at this point and I got it cheap, cheap (well semi cheap as I paid $300 for it) but still blackberry is multi billion corporation and it has resources to get this update for us. At the end there are at least 2,000,000 playbook out there with 2,000,000 owners fed up with blackberry at this point. Just get it done please. I love my z10 and I want to keep playbook but I need full functionality of this device. Playbook is good for Internet browsing (thanks to awesome developers of Fast Browser that finally brought fully featured browser to playbook ) and as awesome alarm clock ( Antair app is still the best). Otherwise nexus 7 not to mention iPad are just smoking playbook out of the water with their functionality
    FF22 likes this.
    04-14-13 07:46 AM
52 123