Ok Guys, remember when Kevin made a news post about upcoming OS's and the "Sweet" update.

Before you gripe about OS2 not coming out before the end of summer.

Well this is what was said in July! http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6497926

Post 98 From Kevin Michaluk

Hey guys, No, this isn't the update that's bringing stuff that'll make you say SWEEEET. This is really just a minor update in my opinion. Like seriously, you had to ask this question? It's pretty obvious... added language support, a few tweaks, zooming in video (cool, but not SWEEEET). This is definitely just a maintenance release with a few feature enhancements. So definitely not what I was referring to. Not sure what the eta is on some of the cooler stuff I saw, but I'm guessing a couple months still. Remember, RIM is going to do monthly-ish updates that are smaller, and tie the BIGGER feature updates to events... ie. release of a new device (radio versions) or shows (devcon, CES), etc.
    So we have been told since late JULY, that bigger OS updates would be probably seen at bigger events, and it seems like that is EXACTLY where RIM is targeting OS2!!!

So we don't need the whining threads now of RIM screwed us and lied to us so I'm going to sell my playbook bla bla bla. Yes they may have missed the "Summer" deadline that they never hardlined said but it was called for a bigger event for OS 2 to arrive.
    09-16-11 05:15 AM
    One second you say there is no reason to winge, then you back up the reason to winge by pointing out the missed promises in which effected peoples decision to purchase / retain their PB.

Your efforts to defend Rim no doubt have good intentions but its way beyond bring up Kevins post from July.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 05:25 AM
    One second you say there is no reason to winge, then you back up the reason to winge by pointing out the missed promises in which effected peoples decision to purchase / retain their PB.

Your efforts to defend Rim no doubt have good intentions but its way beyond bring up Kevins post from July.

And complaining posts have become equally stupid. complain PB is missing features, then leaked photos shows those features added, then complain RIM won't announce when, RIM announces when it will be released, then complain it's too late.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    09-16-11 05:32 AM

I only bring up the short comings because so many people seem to think there was ACTUAL documentation that said it was going to be by the end of the summer. Its all been speculation.

Kevin's post is merely a point that back in July when he went to Waterloo, he said there are "Sweet" updates coming. Judging how RIM has worked in the past with the Playbook in May for BBWorld or whatever the conference was, we had a significant update just following that event. Seems like they are showing off the features at the event, and then releasing it to the world.

So yes Kevin's post is speculation, but its a pretty accurate statement of timelines this far.
    adjdudley21 and DaveTheA like this.
    09-16-11 05:34 AM
    And complaining posts have become equally stupid. complain PB is missing features, then leaked photos shows those features added, then complain RIM won't announce when, RIM announces when it will be released, then complain it's too late.
    And you are right, RIM has never officially announced a timeline for OS until yesterday that it would be after Devcon.
    09-16-11 05:36 AM
    Wait a minute... Summer was a Rim comment. Summer is a quote from a promised feature relating to the Android Player.

"The official beta release of the Android App Player for the BlackBerry PlayBook is on track for release later this summer"

Rim word for word quote.

OS 2, whatever you want to call it is just a label for promised features, aka a carrot to keep people waiting feed to you via Crackberry and this latest Investor Announcment.

09-16-11 05:49 AM
    How are people like QuIcKsIlV3r going to spin it as a positive if RIM decides to discontinue Playbook in the next quarter like the article on Crackberry suggests is going to happen?

"RIM never said it was goign to make the Playbook past October!"
    09-16-11 06:05 AM
    How are people like QuIcKsIlV3r going to spin it as a positive if RIM decides to discontinue Playbook in the next quarter like the article on Crackberry suggests is going to happen?

I'm sorry, I know that in the law profession the power of suggestion is a common tool to persuade a jury but you can't get away with it here.

"if" RIM decides to discontinue (spinning suggestion into fact?)...as an article "suggests"? (no proof of credibility of article and author?)
    Your spin is far worse and much more obvious and unfounded in fact than that which you accuse Quicksilver of. Do you really think people.of the Crackberry level of intelligence are that stupid? That's insulting.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-16-11 at 06:21 AM.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    09-16-11 06:18 AM
    So Jim telling us 60 days after release, then Mike and Jim saying Summer are not hard dates we can hold RIM to, but Kevin, our fearless leader and a blogger telling us DevCon, which turned out to be right probably because he heard it at Waterloo is a hard date? WTF kind of logic is that?!?! So basically your statement boils down to Mike and Jim can't be believed. OK we know that but shouldn't you be able to believe the words coming from the mouthpieces of the company. Consumers aren't the only people possibly burned by their statements, many investors probably got burnt too believing that features that will certainly sale more Playbooks were to be available soon after release. Sorry but these current defenses of "RIM never said that and Kevin told us DevCon" are just pathetic, and wrong because they did say it. RIM dropped almost $6 or 20% of their value last night in part because investors are being continuously deceived. You can't keep a base of loyal users if the users can't believe a word the company says. That is why at the end of this transition, IMHO, it is time for Mike and Jim to retire and be replaced with a credible person (i.e. one CEO).
    09-16-11 06:19 AM
    General comment - can't a guy start a positive and encouraging thread in here without immediately (usually within 5 minutes) being dissected and harassed by the same cast of malcontents with the same general theme we have heard for months who have no problem starting and supporting endless negative downer threads? Makes me wonder what exactly the agenda is and the fruit of this effort is.

Somebody please explain. I can only think vindictiveness, hardly a constructive effort and good use of time.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-16-11 at 06:30 AM.
    pickles#WP, biff101 and MADBRADNYC like this.
    09-16-11 06:28 AM

Why do you make threads and posts about the discontinuation of the PlayBook when that is simply NOT true?! You need to actually read and comprehend the blogs. Your misinformation campaign is horrid! You need to stop it, now!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tinued-650855/

How are people like QuIcKsIlV3r going to spin it as a positive...
    Because it is positive... And, you have the nerve to roll eyes at someone...
    09-16-11 06:40 AM
    General comment - can't a guy start a positive and encouraging thread in here without immediately (usually within 5 minutes) being dissected and harassed by the same cast of malcontents with the same general theme we have heard for months who have no problem starting and supporting endless negative downer threads? Makes me wonder what exactly the agenda is and the fruit of this effort is.

Somebody please explain. I can only think vindictiveness, hardly a constructive effort and good use of time.
    Firstly Welcome Back! Secondly, both types of posts are fine as long as the facts are not twisted to suit the posters point of view.

MADBRADNYC likes this.
    09-16-11 06:44 AM
    I'm sorry, I know that in the law profession the power of suggestion is a common tool to persuade a jury but you can't get away with it here.

"if" RIM decides to discontinue (spinning suggestion into fact?)...as an article "suggests"? (no proof of credibility of article and author?)
    Your spin is far worse and much more obvious and unfounded in fact than that which you accuse Quicksilver of. Do you really think people.of the Crackberry level of intelligence are that stupid? That's insulting.
    The article never suggested that at all. It states the PlayBook is being DISCOUNTED. He just simply did not read the article properly and ran with it, starting new threads and such. I believe some look for/hope for bad news, and are on a personal campaign to stump RIM and their efforts.

Read my previous post...
    09-16-11 06:47 AM
    Firstly Welcome Back! Secondly, both types of posts are fine as long as the facts are not twisted to suit the posters point of view.

Agreed. As long as it is well supported fact based from a credible source and not someone's agenda driven "spin".
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    09-16-11 06:48 AM
    Why do you make threads and posts about the discontinuation of the PlayBook when that is simply NOT true?! You need to actually read and comprehend the blogs. Your misinformation campaign is horrid! You need to stop it, now!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tinued-650855/

Because it is positive... And, you have the nerve to roll eyes at someone...
    Yeah. I screwed up and read it wrong. I'm sorry about that.

What people like the OP have to realize is that RIM has GIVEN NO DATE about the release of OS2. It will be previewed at Devcon. It will not be released then. Android Player was Previewed in the Spring and has not been released yet. Previewing is not the same thing as releasing.

What does this mean to me? RIM is STILL not confident about when the software will be ready. Hopefully a real release date will be announced at Devcon.
    09-16-11 06:50 AM
    What people like the OP have to realize is....
    -Snip-
    People need to realize that they should not pay attention to a Debbie Downer like yourself...
    Misery loves company. Stop trying to spread your malcontent to others here.

The PlayBook is lovely as is. Without any future updates.
    I'm done here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2/#post6681306
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 09-16-11 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Added link.
    09-16-11 06:59 AM
    The article never suggested that at all. It states the PlayBook is being DISCOUNTED. He just simply did not read the article properly and ran with it, starting new threads and such. I believe some look for/hope for bad news, and are on a personal campaign to stump RIM and their efforts.

Read my previous post...
    Even worse but forgiven by admission and retraction of the mistake.
    My point still holds however - you don't take an article that merely "suggests" something without wishing it were true and attempting to make it true in people's minds by propagating the suggestion as if it were fact, without an agenda and without admitting it is spin, unless you are a politician.

Intelligent people know that a suggestion or lie repeated often enough comes to be eventually believed and accepted as undisputed fact. Man caused global warming comes to mind, but let's not go there. How about the "promise" of 60 day PIM, that taken verbatim was really a "schedule".

But for as long as by grace of the mods my ban is lifted, the spin stops here. I HATE spin and will call it everytime.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-16-11 at 07:17 AM.
    09-16-11 07:12 AM
    you don't take an article that merely "suggests" something without wishing it were true and attempting to make it true by propagating the suggestion as if it were fact, without an agenda and without admitting it is spin, unless you are a politician.
    +1. Mistakes can be forgiven. But, as you appear to agree, to me it seems that some just WISH & PRAY for bad things against RIM. I don't get it.
    09-16-11 07:19 AM
    +1. Mistakes can be forgiven. But, as you appear to agree, to me it seems that some just WISH & PRAY for bad things against RIM. I don't get it.
    I own two playbooks and a mess of accessories. I don't wish and pray for it to fail. It is failing in spite of my wising and praying that it succeed.
    09-16-11 07:32 AM
    I own two playbooks and a mess of accessories. I don't wish and pray for it to fail. It is failing in spite of my wising and praying that it succeed.
    I do not see it failing at all. It is a great device as is. Even without updates. Updates are always welcome, and are just icing on the cake. Why own 2 PlayBooks and a mess of accessories if you think it is failing? Unless you never had a chance to research the device for your needs prior to ownership. But, I doubt that from your post history. So...

I have seen nothing positive in your views here to balance your statements. Why own the device then?
    09-16-11 08:08 AM
    I have seen nothing positive in your views here to balance your statements. Why own the device then?
    Like a lot of people here, I was excited about Playbook. I have used Blackberries and only Blackberries for seven years. Because I have been happy with other RIM products, I gave it the benefit of the doubt. I believed Balsillie when he said "60 days." I guess I believed a lot of things that didn't turn out to be true. Lesson learned for me.
    09-16-11 08:27 AM
    After the bridge update yesterday, I started to get my hopes up. What better way to bury a dissapointing earnings report, than to announce and release PBOSr2 during the report.
    09-16-11 08:31 AM
    I think we may be getting hung up on the OS 2 release without thinking that there may (and probably will) be updates in between.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-16-11 08:39 AM
    Like a lot of people here, I was excited about Playbook. I have used Blackberries and only Blackberries for seven years. Because I have been happy with other RIM products, I gave it the benefit of the doubt. I believed Balsillie when he said "60 days." I guess I believed a lot of things that didn't turn out to be true. Lesson learned for me.
    Great so you learned your lesson. So why even post? Has it become your mission to teach others your lesson? They can probably figure out for themselves if they like it or not.

I honestly just don't get it.
    09-16-11 08:40 AM
    Great so you learned your lesson. So why even post? Has it become your mission to teach others your lesson? They can probably figure out for themselves if they like it or not.

I honestly just don't get it.
    What kind of question is that? Why do you post here? The answer is that we are both Playbook owners and are interested in it. Frankly, I am not concerned about what conclusions other people come to. There is a lot of information out there. We all have to sort through it and figure out what to believe.
    09-16-11 08:47 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD