I've been answering a lot with wifi problems.
    Now it was my turn to experience a weird issue : my PB didn't accept anymore my WPS router while it was 2 days ago. As it was before the update I don't think this is related, but now that I have tested almost all workarounds I gave previously (on/off wifi, delete existing connexion, manual setup, router tricking), only an extra one worked, after updating.

- turn off bluetooth
    - delete wifi connexion (if stored previously)
    - re-establish wifi
    - turn on BT

So for those still having problems with wifi. It worse a try.

P.S: I changed my router channel # (to 1) lately, so this may be related to Mhz interference between BT and wifi (don't know how/if BT Mhz range is handled). If this get confirmed, this may also be an explanation for "public hotspot issues" some encounters (if the public hotspot uses specific channels ?).
    04-18-12 04:31 AM
    With the recent update connecting to wifi has been improved vastly!

Even the speed in which it connects from the time you tap on the network to the time your up and running is much better. I would get authentication errors on certain access points, now they connect straight away.

Hotel hot spots will have to wait until someone else goes back to that same hotel and tests. Fingers crossed its fixed.
    04-18-12 04:43 AM
    With the recent update connecting to wifi has been improved vastly!

Even the speed in which it connects from the time you tap on the network to the time your up and running is much better. I would get authentication errors on certain access points, now they connect straight away.

Hotel hot spots will have to wait until someone else goes back to that same hotel and tests. Fingers crossed its fixed.
    ^^^ I noticed the same. Crossing fingers for hotspot issues ...
    04-18-12 05:02 AM
    Wifi and Bluetooth running simultaneously never goes well for me.. Either the browser crashes or bridge acts funny..

Sometimes it works.. sometimes it doesn't..
    04-18-12 05:23 AM
    Bluetooth uses channel hopping so it should not interfere with WiFi:

Adaptive Frequency Hopping:
    A computer chip selects the 79 channels of the ISM band automatically to prevent eavesdropping and interference with other equipment. Though your WiFi may use the same frequency band, Bluetooth avoids channels already in use. Through a technology called adaptive frequency hopping, Bluetooth changes channels 1,600 time per second to make the best use of local radio conditions.

It is--however--possible there could be some kind of interference or conflict inside the PlayBook. If that were the case, I assume we would see many people having problems when using BT and WiFi together.
    04-18-12 05:48 AM
    I recently noticed that logging into hotspots was essentially a hair pulling experience. This especially happened where one needs to either click a box and accept terms. What occurred before my "fix" was Blackberry Playbook would open a screen saying that the Playbook was not connected to wifi. It wasn't. So here's what seems to work for me now: disconnect the Bridge function.

When I did that and after pressing the login key under the wifi icon, the Playbook browser went right to the hotspot login page and I was able to click on the accept terms button.

Hope this helps It worked at a hotel hotspot too.
    04-18-12 06:54 AM
    I'd like to know, if the people having these problems are using atheros based routers, an indicator of what I'm seeing is
    ath: Failed to stop TX DMA, queues=0x004!
    in the system logs of the router.
    04-18-12 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD