Two different topics.
    12-28-11 07:34 PM
    Well done mate..
    12-29-11 10:48 PM
    OP, did you start two threads about this? Why?
    Simple.

This was the first thread. There were posters here who questioned him and who berated him. He wanted to find out from the rest of the BB community, those who would not normally come to the Playbook forum, a general question as to whether his behaviour was creepy.

So he did.
    FMB8900, spike12 and jivegirl14 like this.
    12-30-11 03:50 AM
    Two different topics....
    12-30-11 11:46 AM
    Okay, PB users, I need a bit of advice. My Mom gave me cash for Christmas & I had been contemplating a Nook, but when I saw the price of the PB, now I'm considering that-the 32gb is the same price as the Nook! My question is this: is the 16gb enough memory, or should I go with the 32? I don't plan on putting my music on it, simply because it's all on my BB phone & I prefer that for music listening. I would probably have movies on it & use it in place of my laptop.

So which would you all recommend?

Thanks for the input!
    blue-b, blue-b and blue-b like this.
    12-30-11 12:35 PM
    Simple.

This was the first thread. There were posters here who questioned him and who berated him. He wanted to find out from the rest of the BB community, those who would not normally come to the Playbook forum, a general question as to whether his behaviour was creepy.

So he did.
    So they closed the other thread on account of the trenchcoat haters?
    12-30-11 01:33 PM
    Okay, PB users, I need a bit of advice. My Mom gave me cash for Christmas & I had been contemplating a Nook, but when I saw the price of the PB, now I'm considering that-the 32gb is the same price as the Nook! My question is this: is the 16gb enough memory, or should I go with the 32? I don't plan on putting my music on it, simply because it's all on my BB phone & I prefer that for music listening. I would probably have movies on it & use it in place of my laptop.

Thanks for the input!
    I'd recommend the 32gb, if you plan on storing media and games.
    12-30-11 01:37 PM
    I have done this a few times while in Best Buy as well. People really "Get It" if you show them the real advantages of Bridge!

Well done Berrybook!!
    12-30-11 01:45 PM

Thanks for the input!
    Unless you're planning on storing a ton of pictures or videos 16GB is tons of space. I do the same thing as you by keeping my music on my phone. I find it helps because you can spread the battery life of both devices for media use. That way you don't kill one of the devices while you are out.
    12-30-11 02:06 PM
    Thanks so much for the input, all! I ended up purchasing a 32gb manufacturer refurb on ebay by a reputable seller (they're sending all refurb paperwork as well). All of my local stores were completely sold out of the 16gb & the 32gb. I should have it by the end of next week. I am really excited & have already been reading up on all of the tips & tricks & what to do right out of the box. I know some of you may question purchasing a refurb on ebay, but I'm not concerned, and for the price, I can't beat it!

Happy New Year!
    12-31-11 01:42 PM
    Nice it might be the only way people are going to get any info on the Playbook in the stores. Plus it helps to have someone that uses it day to day showing you what you can do with it.

James
    12-31-11 02:30 PM
    It got....shall we say....heated.....

Usual suspects and some new ones.
    12-31-11 04:00 PM
    Someties it is the easiest option. We don't have time to waste when it is clear the attacks will continue as fast as we can remove them. Equally, it is poor forum management to allow trouble to build to the point where members get banned - although sometimes the temptation is very strong.
    12-31-11 04:11 PM
    I almost sold one as well at Best Buy the other day. You should have seen the murderous looks I was getting from an eavesdropping sales rep!
    12-31-11 05:54 PM
    there really isn't any competition at that price range. i always wanted a playbook and i was going to get one for chirstmas but when the first sale came on in november i rushed out and grabbed one. i havnt put it down since and just grabbed one for my wife to replace her littl netbook and ereader
    12-31-11 06:32 PM
    It arrived today at 2:00 & i have yet to put it down! i love this thing! Mine does have a slight bulge in back but will keep my eye on it. Not much else to say besides I AM ONE HAPPY CAMPER!!!!!
    perry34 likes this.
    01-04-12 11:01 PM
    I went to my folks place for Christmas dinner and spent an hour or so showing my playbook off for them. Then spent the rest of the day trying to keep an uncle and a sister from outright stealing it lmao. Needless to say they are both planning on buying one now as well
    01-05-12 12:09 AM
    i did find one problem with the PlayBook.......

it causes one to not be on one's BB smartphone as much!!! My poor Style may be feeling lonely!!!!
    This tablet has been assimilated my me and im loving it!!!!!!
    01-05-12 01:39 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD