This device did not come anywhere close to my expectations. There have been minimal improvements since I bought it in mid April, and AppWorld is awful, so I sold it the other day for $400. Cut my losses and got what I could for it. By the time this thing is a polished device, the PlayBook 2 might as well be released. I don't care what anyone says, RIM released this thing WAY too early to cut into Apple/Android market share and attempt to be competitive. Was I impatient? Yeah, maybe, but I had it almost 3 months and I still had a 7 inch tablet that was basically a flash enabled web browser. If you're in the same boat I was, sell it and get some decent money while you can.

I know there's gunna be people who feel the need to be rude on this thread, but if you think the PlayBook was worth the $600 3 months after it was released, you're sadly mistaken. Just my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    K Bear, elsantojp, glinc and 2 others like this.
    07-09-11 10:23 AM
    07-09-11 10:25 AM
    I'm in the same boat. Only been offered $300.00 for mine with 10 months on the warranty. Sad is it not....
    07-09-11 10:27 AM
    I'm in the same boat. Only been offered $300.00 for mine with 10 months on the warranty. Sad is it not....
    Took me a few weeks to get the $400 I wanted for it.. Waited patiently on Kijiji. Maybe I got lucky, but wasn't selling it for anything less than $400.

elsantojp likes this.
    07-09-11 10:30 AM
    Question..why did you feel the need to start a new thread on returning/selling the PB when there are already existing threads on this topic?

meganVee likes this.
    07-09-11 10:59 AM
    The most I can get is $200-$300 and that's for the 32GB including the otterbox, I rather keep it. Everyone is selling them for so little and there are so many of them available for sale. Even the 1st ipad is worth more, supply in demand I guess.
    07-09-11 11:01 AM
    you bought it with your own money, so you have all the rights to whatever you want to do with it... and besides, it wouldn't change the "sales figure" of playbook... what has been sold, is already sold... unless RIM is the one bought it back... ;-)
    07-09-11 12:24 PM
    Question..why did you feel the need to start a new thread on returning/selling the PB when there are already existing threads on this topic?

Maybe he wanted to start his own because he did not wanted all the people in love with RIM ranting about it like they are in the other threats.

I agree with him.
    07-09-11 12:36 PM
    This device did not come anywhere close to my expectations. There have been minimal improvements since I bought it in mid April, and AppWorld is awful, so I sold it the other day for $400. Cut my losses and got what I could for it. By the time this thing is a polished device, the PlayBook 2 might as well be released. I don't care what anyone says, RIM released this thing WAY too early to cut into Apple/Android market share and attempt to be competitive. Was I impatient? Yeah, maybe, but I had it almost 3 months and I still had a 7 inch tablet that was basically a flash enabled web browser. If you're in the same boat I was, sell it and get some decent money while you can.

I know there's gunna be people who feel the need to be rude on this thread, but if you think the PlayBook was worth the $600 3 months after it was released, you're sadly mistaken. Just my opinion.

Is sad that Galaxy, hp, and other tablets originally designed for college type stuff can do better in the business world than the playbook that was designed for business.

I agree, people will try to be rude if you say anything negative at all about RIM, is crazy, like they are kn love with RIM, maybe they should just go ahead and get a job there or marry RIM at some point, or their tablets or phones :-)
    07-09-11 12:40 PM

Some people....

07-09-11 12:41 PM
    This just in - jgaspar89 sells playbook....Thanks for letting us all know.
    M.Rizk, southlander and meganVee like this.
    07-09-11 12:55 PM

Question: Why did you feel the need to respond if this post is such a nuisance to you?

But to answer yours.. Why did I make my own thread about my experience with the Blackberry PlayBook in the BlackBerry Playbook forum. Hrm. Think about that one. In my opinion, the point of a forum is to either gather/give information or express your feelings on a particular topic. I did both, and I'm sure it will give insight to people who are contemplating on purchasing a PlayBook. I actually googled "sold my playbook" a few days ago and didn't find much.

Anyways, this isn't a thread to bash RIM. I love my Blackberry, and looking forward to the 9900. But even the hardcore brand loyal consumers of RIM's line of products shouldn't insist on saying every product launch is a success (believe me, I see it all the time). If everyone did that, why would they change? The specs and hardware are great, that's probably why I was in love with the PlayBook when it was first announced, but the software needs a lot of work and I just became tired of waiting for that to happen.

07-09-11 01:00 PM
    This just in - jgaspar89 sells playbook....Thanks for letting us all know.
    This just in - Dr.Deebs gives useless reply in a post that some people may actually care about reading. Don't like my thread? Don't reply.

brucep1 likes this.
    07-09-11 01:03 PM
    [QUOTE=jgaspar89;6469727]This device did not come anywhere close to my expectations. There have been minimal improvements since I bought it in mid April, and AppWorld is awful, so I sold it the other day for $400. Cut my losses and got what I could for it. By the time this thing is a polished device, the PlayBook 2 might as well be released. I don't care what anyone says, RIM released this thing WAY too early to cut into Apple/Android market share and attempt to be competitive. Was I impatient? Yeah, maybe, but I had it almost 3 months and I still had a 7 inch tablet that was basically a flash enabled web browser. If you're in the same boat I was, sell it and get some decent money while you can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE

I might be slightly disapointed in the PB feeling a bit unfinished at the moment however, I know if I try and sell it I'm just gonna be dissapointed when the major updates and apps start to roll out. It's not a matter of IF but WHEN. Fortunately for me I've become more patient Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic but its do or die for them. If they fail in time well then I just lost $500.00, they on the other hand lose a bit more. Still the PlayBook in its current state offers quite a bit for users with a BlackBerry in the corporate setting who need secure access like myself to internal corporate sites. If I had bought the PlayBook for just as casual consumer seeking entertainment and basic email and calendar use then I would be GREATLY disapointed with the lack of Apps and functionality.

Great things will happen with QNX once the super phones get up and running since they can then essentially work on 2 things at the same time from the software perspective. Anyhow get out and get some fresh air people, we'll just go crazy sitting around and reading and speculating in forums all day... I know I am

07-09-11 01:19 PM
    I have no intention of selling mine, but I will acknowledge a couple of things that irk me about it. One, deleting files and apps is not as intuitive as it could be and my other big gripe is the lack of a Netflix app.

Overall though I luv the flash enabled browser, the free data sharing browsing using bb bridge, and I really like its portability.
    07-09-11 01:40 PM

So you start at thread to announce that you sold your playbook, you tell us you don't care what anyone else has to say about it and then call anyone who replies to tell you they don't care about your opinion rude. Ok got it. My opinion (which you don't care about by the way) is that you didn't take much time to learn the capabilities of the device if all you can figure out how to use it for is web browsing. I am however happy that you sold yours. Wouldn't want be called rude.
    07-09-11 01:54 PM

I returned mine in the 14 day period so I didn't lose money. But, that's 14 days of mine life I can't get back. In fairness, the hardware was great and I think it had one of the best user interfaces, but man, the rest of the package was soooo beta and incomplete. It just makes you wonder why RIM would risk their reputation by putting out something out so unfinished?. iPad HD coming in the fall and a new update to iOS that includes a BBM like application. I think RIM is going to have some very bad earnings in third and fourth quarter.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-09-11 02:00 PM
    This just in - Dr.Deebs gives useless reply in a post that some people may actually care about reading. Don't like my thread? Don't reply.

Not sure many people care

market58 likes this.
    07-09-11 02:18 PM
    but if you think the PlayBook was worth the $600 3 months after it was released, you're sadly mistaken. Just my opinion.

I was reading your post thinking, 'Okay, this guy has a point and I know I have felt the same way at times'. Then I got to the part I've quoted above and I thought 'He's a bell end, that bloke'.

You shouldn't presume to tell people what they ought to feel about their purchases, let them decide for themselves, they are quite capable.
    07-09-11 02:29 PM
    So you start at thread to announce that you sold your playbook, you tell us you don't care what anyone else has to say about it and then call anyone who replies to tell you they don't care about your opinion rude. Ok got it. My opinion (which you don't care about by the way) is that you didn't take much time to learn the capabilities of the device if all you can figure out how to use it for is web browsing. I am however happy that you sold yours. Wouldn't want be called rude.
    Let me clarify. When people try to say that the PlayBook is "amazing" and a "polished device", it goes in one ear and out the other, so to speak. Nobody will convince me that it is, and I will forever think that RIM released this way too early for sales and market share. That's my opinion, and I didn't necessarily mean that I don't care about yours, I meant that mine won't be changed.

I didn't take much time to learn the capabilities, you say. I beg to differ. I bought the PlayBook when it was launched on April 19th, and what I've learned is that you can't fall in love with hardware alone. I may be mistaken, but I believe RIM said they would have native applications added within 60 days. It's been almost 90 days and nothing, barely any change to when I bought it. To spend almost $600 on a tablet and still not have native calendar and email applications roughly 11 weeks later is pretty bad, especially since I did 2 software upgrades and they still weren't added. This proves that either RIM is ever further behind on developing the software than I thought, or they are testing the **** out of it to ensure that it's glitch free, which I doubt will be the case, hence why I said that this thing won't be polished for a while (again, my opinion).

Don't get me wrong, the PlayBook will be a great tablet in the future. I just don't have the patience, and everybody knows how rapid advancements in technology are. There's always going to be better products rolling out, and when the PlayBook is finally polished and ready to go and be the tablet that everybody know's its capable of being, it'll likely just become obsolete. I'm not trying to put words in anyones mouth, and I may be wrong on this too, but I think even the most respected people who post on these forums (Crucial, Greg, PK, etc) would partially agree with me on some of my points, as well as many owners of a PlayBook. I'm not coming on here to bash everyones purchase, I respect that the majority of PlayBook owners love it, which is great because it will only get better, but two things disappeared pretty quickly for me, the novelty and my patience.
    Last edited by jgaspar89; 07-09-11 at 02:40 PM.
    07-09-11 02:35 PM
    I was reading your post thinking, 'Okay, this guy has a point and I know I have felt the same way at times'. Then I got to the part I've quoted above and I thought 'He's a bell end, that bloke'.

You shouldn't presume to tell people what they ought to feel about their purchases, let them decide for themselves, they are quite capable.
    See my post above. Posted before I saw your reply.

Edit: Yeah, you know what, you're right. I didn't mean to come off like that, just frustration I suppose.
    Last edited by jgaspar89; 07-09-11 at 02:39 PM.
    07-09-11 02:36 PM

Edit: Yeah, you know what, you're right. I didn't mean to come off like that, just frustration I suppose.
    Thanks, as you put it like that I can empathise, I've had frustrations and disappointments with it too. Overall I would say my expecations have had to be lowered; I am impressed with what the Bridge can do now after feeling quite let down with this feature till recently. However my feelings about it now are that it's not as good as I thought it would grow to be the day I bought it.

I guess you could extend that feeling to the app catalogue too. I thought we'd be awash with really cool apps like the one in that video where they are showing CAT scans on the PB screen. It is all a little underwhelming.
    07-09-11 02:59 PM

Sorry if I missed it, are you waiting for another type of Playbook to be released? Did you decide to go with one of the other tablets on the market?
    07-09-11 03:13 PM
    Could not agree more.
    07-09-11 03:18 PM
    Sorry if I missed it, are you waiting for another type of Playbook to be released? Did you decide to go with one of the other tablets on the market?
    Nope. Tablet free for a while probably.
    07-09-11 03:20 PM
108 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD