I have tried 4 times now and everytime it downloads the file (339meg) then I get that error message. Would anyone know why this is happening?
    10-03-12 12:27 PM
    I have tried 4 times now and everytime it downloads the file (339meg) then I get that error message. Would anyone know why this is happening?
    use another wifi network or if you can't then try desktop install

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-03-12 12:41 PM
    Hi, Thanks for the quick reply.
    I tried the desktop way but after it installed the os was still at 2.0.xxxx
    I will see if I can grab another wifi, but might have wait until I get home.
    10-03-12 12:45 PM
    Just got home and still the download completes the 339mb file then the error message.
    "The update was interrupted. Please try again"
    Really am I the only one with this problem.
    Should I do a security wipe?
    Will I lose everything?
    10-03-12 04:13 PM
    Mine keeps saying error connecting to server, not sure why though.
    10-03-12 04:19 PM
    Hi,

Well I was trying since 10:00am and in two different states, so I backed up my playbook and preformed a security-wipe.

When it was done the playbook found and installed the new update that now was 361meg and It worked. Right now I am restoring my data. The update was larger this time and I think it was due to the rev of the os after the security-wipe.

Thanks for your reply and Ideas.
    10-03-12 07:54 PM
    I am having the same issue. Don't know why, but I have satellite internet and a 15GB Monthly cap. I guess third times a charm... Anyway you can see what we 'rural' people go through.
    10-03-12 08:20 PM
    Fml fml fml fml fml fml fml fml... 4 hours and 1.5 GB later and I'm still on .840
    10-03-12 08:23 PM
    I updated mine using my 9850 slow 3g wifi hotspot. Took about 3 hours but it finished.
    10-03-12 08:43 PM
    I also get the message "the software download was interrupted. Please try again". Do not want to do a wipe but if that is the only way to get the new os then i will.
    05-15-13 08:56 AM
    After phone wipe I manage to get it going...
    FF22 likes this.
    05-16-13 12:54 AM
    Johnny:

Glad your problems were solved. But was it the pb or a phone?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-16-13 08:30 AM
    Johnny:

Glad your problems were solved. But was it the pb or a phone?
    IPhone?
    05-16-13 09:37 AM
    i wanted to update the software of my BB Z10 Phone to Version 10.1.0.4181 since it is what is available. I have finished the download but cannot be installed. It would prompt "The software download was interrupted. Please try again." there is a button below with a "cancel update" mark. i tried to cancel but it won't go away. my phone on the Software Updates section has been stuck this was for almost 2 weeks now. and it would notify me through the side bar that "software update failed".

how can i get rid of this?and how will i update software succesfully?
    10-14-13 01:42 AM
    i wanted to update the software of my BB Z10 Phone to Version 10.1.0.4181 since it is what is available. I have finished the download but cannot be installed. It would prompt "The software download was interrupted. Please try again." there is a button below with a "cancel update" mark. i tried to cancel but it won't go away. my phone on the Software Updates section has been stuck this was for almost 2 weeks now. and it would notify me through the side bar that "software update failed".

restart the phone?

I would try updating through link or the bb website.
    10-14-13 01:46 AM

You might be better served if you asked this question in the Z10 forum:

BlackBerry Z10 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Cracklen likes this.
    10-14-13 10:01 AM
    I have a BlackBerry Z10 and for the past one week, i've been trying to upgrade my Os! I downloaded it completely about 1.5GB but after that, the step 2 which is installing, keeps telling me software update is interrupted please try again!
    And that's after it gets to 95% or more, I tried it more than 10times but that's what it keeps showing me. Please I will need all the help I can get. Thank you
    03-25-15 02:15 PM
    You might be better served if you asked this question in the Z10 forum:

BlackBerry Z10 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    As this is the 'playbook' subsection.
    03-25-15 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD