What's the difference between the soft shell and the skin?

Which one would provide better protection and which do you prefer!

I've been contemplating which one to get, and can't seem to get the differences straight.

Pic comparisons would be awesome, too!
    02-17-13 07:37 PM
    From my knowledge, a soft shell tends to be a silicone case, and a skin is like a sticker/vinyl that is put on (i'm not sure the pb has those). In my opinion, a TPU case is better if you want one without a flap, but if you want a good case, I personally liked the 360 degree rotating case, but I LOVEEE the mini keyboard case
    02-17-13 11:54 PM
    I slip it into a skin for the weekend when I'm not taking it to work in the leather keyboard case. Feels so much better in a skin. Shells like an otterbox sound good but just kill the experience for me, too clunky, same with a softer plastic shell. Skins are smooth as a babies ****, made of silicone, I went with white.
    02-18-13 12:12 AM
    I have the soft shell on my playbook and it does not add bulk to the playbook, it fits like a glove, just a sturdier material than the skin which is silicone. I have it in black and it blends right into the playbook, hardly looks like anything is on it.
    02-18-13 10:21 AM
    oem BBPb soft shell (clear and blue acquired) for home use, and the oem BBPb leather journal case for road trips.
    02-19-13 04:32 PM