Would love to pre-order, but I also want to make sure that the browser can get in and access my remote services for work. The Simulator is incomplete at best. If I could play with one in a Staples or Best Buy now and liked what I saw then I would pre-order one, but definitely not going to do anything without a test drive. Anyone know if there will be some working display units in the wild before it is released?
    03-22-11 03:27 PM
    i doubt there will be a hands on working one pre release, probably just some dummy units
    03-22-11 03:36 PM
    Would love to pre-order, but I also want to make sure that the browser can get in and access my remote services for work. The Simulator is incomplete at best. If I could play with one in a Staples or Best Buy now and liked what I saw then I would pre-order one, but definitely not going to do anything without a test drive. Anyone know if there will be some working display units in the wild before it is released?
    while it doesnt answer your question, the browser on device is miles ahead of the sim. on my site i have an embedded video that doesnt render on the sim, however i have personally checked it on a playbook and it works, so i wouldnt hold too much into the sim right now.

what specail stuff does your remote services need? someone may know if it can do it
    03-22-11 03:37 PM
    I'd think by 3/31 they would have something like that out but you would have to call up the stores i think. I'm getting mine just on the fact that everything i want it to do it "should" do. But also what kind of remote services if they're 100% browser based i would say yeah. I mean a lot of what I've seen on the browser there isn't much it can't do with the internet.
    03-22-11 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD