It doesn't matter to me when BB10 comes to the PlayBook, but it might matter to blackberry since I don't plan to buy a BB10 phone until I see BB10 on my PlayBook. I want to make sure I fully "research" this next blackberry purchase, lest I get burned again.
    urbanguy likes this.
    01-30-13 01:24 PM
    They could have REALLY sparked some interest in this new OS had they released it today for the Playbook, but not surprised they did not. Go look at their stock, on the way down again I had thought about buying a ton this morning in anticipation of being able to download it on the PB today.
    Outside of their customer support perhaps get bombarded what possible reason would they not release it today. Sorry RIM (er Blackberry) you already got my $$ for the Playbook, I can't reverse that but if its not out (BB10 on PB) by Friday it goes in the "Old Hardware" pile......
    See ya... Since when does a phone and new OS release entitle you to NEED the OS updated on the PB right away? NO one ever said they were tied together, beyond the OS, which is still in dev alpha phase and to begin into dev beta phase in the coming weeks?
    01-30-13 01:25 PM
    If its not released by Friday am going to Best BUy and getting the Galaxy Tab 7. I already got rid of my BB9810 for the S3. (WONDERFUL PHONE)
    Oh yeah? Well if I don't see it by tomorrow at noon I'm going to Canadian Tire and buying a lawn tractor and a bag of ketchup chips.
    Mark my words BlackBerry, you will not disappoint me again!

I'm getting a Z10 in May though.
    BB12MX, Cynycl, Harryl6134 and 8 others like this.
    01-30-13 01:51 PM
    Oh yeah? Well if I don't see it by tomorrow at noon I'm going to Canadian Tire and buying a lawn tractor and a bag of ketchup chips.
    Mark my words BlackBerry, you will not disappoint me again!

I'm getting a Z10 in May though.
    What no sausage from the cart vendor????? You must really be upset.

I better pick up a roll of hockey tape to help you keep it together.

Thanks for the laugh
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-30-13 02:17 PM
    It doesn't matter to me when BB10 comes to the PlayBook, but it might matter to blackberry since I don't plan to buy a BB10 phone until I see BB10 on my PlayBook. I want to make sure I fully "research" this next blackberry purchase, lest I get burned again.
    I'm doing the same thing.

On the plus side any teething problems with the phones should be sorted by the time it comes to the Playbook
    01-30-13 02:21 PM
    01-30-13 02:27 PM
    *sigh*

BlackBerry 9220/OS7.1.0.398, PlayBook 64GB Wifi/OS2.1.0.1314
    01-30-13 02:48 PM
    Hey guys, just wondering when blackberry 10 will come to playbook. Thanks
    I thought about that myself. As an observer my guess is BB wants to keep positive focus on the phone product for now. The last thing BB needs now is to have the PB updated - only to be criticized by the ill informed bloggers and tech writer wannabees - before sales of the phone platform prove out. I believe the updates are coming soon after the phone platform is stabilized, and perhaps in conjunction with a new PB product.
    01-30-13 03:01 PM
    I'll be honest - if & when the BB10 OS comes to the playbook, I'm not so sure I would get a BB10 phone... why would I have two devices that are virtually the same apart from the 'cell phone' capability of the Z10? Since getting the playbook - I basically use my torch as...well...as a phone... and for whatsapp for all my BBM contacts that have switched devices. Apart from that, everything else is done on my playbook.

Oh, and I use Blackberry Travel and Blackberry Traffic on my Torch which are two fantastic apps which are not available on the playbook - but that's it.
    edsam likes this.
    01-30-13 03:16 PM
    blackberry are just mocking the users ..and there are many ..
    I would have released today the ota update for playbook in the same time with the new phones .. and the new apps and upgrades also .. everyone would be happy people wod buy the new stuff ..this how **** need to be done !
    ,any people use bis because it is cheap .. who would be ******** to use bes with no push email ..
    os 7 and 6 are my last phones !
    if I won't get update for pb ...say goodbye blackberry it has been 8 nice and bad years ..
    Andy_uk50 likes this.
    01-30-13 03:19 PM
    When the phones are out and the carriers are ready to let it happen.
    01-30-13 03:25 PM
    Not sure *when*. But I saw T. Heins on CNBC today and he very clearly said that BOTH the LTE and WiFi PlayBooks are getting BlackBerry 10.
    01-30-13 03:27 PM
    Not sure *when*. But I saw T. Heins on CNBC today and he very clearly said that BOTH the LTE and WiFi PlayBooks are getting BlackBerry 10.
    That is good to know, I was scared the Playbook would have been abandoned..
    01-30-13 03:30 PM
    ?????????????
    01-30-13 03:34 PM
    I am gkad UK and Canada gets these phones a month before the USA......... lol ....... Apple can suck it and all their fanbase too.
    REALLY? I'm from the U.S and proud to be but for you to wipe that in my face is a tad childish no?

Forgive me if your 12.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 03:52 PM
    Well, according to an article I read on The Verge about BlackBerry 10 coming to the BlackBerry PlayBook, Thorsten Heins didn't mention a date as he only said it will come at some point. As a PlayBook owner myself, I'm hoping we get BlackBerry 10 on the tablet before BlackBerry Live in Orlando rolls around the first week of May.
    01-30-13 03:56 PM
    The logical move would be for BB to wait to upgrade the Playbook. If they upgraded the Playbook in the same week as they release a new OS, and the Playbook coughs up a glitch of some sort, tech blogs and the competition would waste no time in badmouthing OS 10. As one member already stated, for the moment it's not about the Playbook. The Playbook is not Blackberry's bread and butter.
    01-30-13 04:07 PM
    Lovely, some more speculative guess work. Lets stick to facts, shall we?
    It's on the road map. Try reading will yah.
    01-30-13 04:18 PM
    Never
    It's time to sell your playbooks
    Unless you wanna continue supporting blackberry
    01-30-13 04:23 PM
    Rumor has it that BB10 comes to PlayBook about 2 months after everyone stops giving a s$#t according to my very good sources.
    01-30-13 05:10 PM
    ....As a die hard PB user with 4 babies in the family, I am MAD that not even a sidebar press release, update or friggin SNIFF from the RIM boys about what will happen to the PB in terms of BB10....and MOST interesting on the BBC article it mentioned that SKYPE is already confirmed as one of the 70,000 aps it will have access to. Anyone heard this? I would assume Skype would therefore be possible on the PB even with a different OS, should they choose to extend their warm and fuzzy compatability ?
    01-30-13 06:10 PM
    bb10 for the pb has to be released asap... not in a few months.. today they didnt just launch z10.. they launched bb10 as a platform... the pb is a device that can handle z10.. it should be on our playbooks already!!!

i understand priorities.. but i would just like to quote a figure of x amount of thousands of employees employed by blackberry.. i cant remember how many thousands but definetely thousands!... working around the clock for the release of bb10... im sure they could have spared a few employees to work on bb10 for the pb...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 06:57 PM
    I would be happy to live with the current PB OS and "hopefully" the 10-inch Blackforest will be released this summer (with BB10 OS). I really, really want a bigger tablet but I want it to be a BlackBerry. I've looked at the IPads but I just don't like them.

I was in a waiting room recently, using my PB bridged to my Bold, and someone asked "Is that the new Ipad mini?". When I told her it was a BlackBerry Playbook, she looked at me like I was nuts. *sigh* Maybe I am. C'mon RIM (er, BlackBerry.)
    01-30-13 07:24 PM
    I read the same article about Skype etc being included in Blackberry App World in the BBC article...
    Blackberry said it had secured more than 70,000 additional apps for its Blackberry World app store including Skype, Angry Birds, Facebook and Whatsapp.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21261809

Facebook is already on PB so that's old news, and I see various Angry Birds apps in BB App World's game section so I assumed that was there already too. Must admit I would LOVE Skype if it really IS coming. I just hope that it's not locked to the BB10 OS if so. Given that BB10 launches in the UK this Thursday, I assume Skype will appear pretty soon in the App World.
    bribert likes this.
    01-30-13 07:30 PM
    People gotta stop bi*ching! Bb10 was just announced today eh ! We should all be happy! I for one been waiting for this since rim acquired qnx. And yes I do want bb10 on my playbook 4g/lte because my blackberry is for phone stuff and my playbook is for the rest ie movies and games.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-30-13 10:24 PM
85 1234