Since Chris started or re-re-restarted when is bb10 coming to the PB, I thought I would take off of that one and ask this question specifically.

When is Rim/BBRY going to restore the full suite of Bridge apps to the pb/bb10 combo devices?

I still am aghast and amazed that they could drop one of the most creative and unique functions of the pb vis a vis bbphones. So that makes be again ask:

When is Rim/BBRY going to restore the full suite of Bridge apps to the pb/bb10 combo devices?

I can't repeat is enough:

kbz1960, Zildjian71 and amrovi2014 like this.
    04-12-13 10:54 AM
    I second the question with little hope of ever hearing a solid answer.
    sad_old_man and amrovi2014 like this.
    04-12-13 11:00 AM
    I second the question with little hope of ever hearing a solid answer.
    Tomorrow afternoon!
    04-12-13 11:15 AM
    Tomorrow afternoon!
    That is a solid answer - to some question: When are you having lunch? Or what comes after Tomorrow Morning?
    04-12-13 11:34 AM
    RE: So when is Bridge OS7 coming back to the PB and bb10 devices?

So, let's put this thing on analytical brainstorming approach and layout all the facts for us to be able to identify the likelihood and possibility of this thing to happen... let me start, who is Chris?...
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    04-12-13 11:40 AM

So, let's put this thing on analytical brainstorming approach and layout all the facts for us to be able to identify the likelihood and possibility of this thing to happen... let me start, who is Chris?...
    Always ready to help a fellow member who asks an intelligent question. I don't know?
    04-12-13 11:45 AM
    Always ready to help a fellow member who asks an intelligent question. I don't know?
    Not Kringle! His last name is not "mas!"
    04-12-13 12:09 PM

I agree let's do exactly that. Well taken that the functional non variant in the equasion is os7, and the constant is bb10, then when we apply the following theory,

sin(x)+cos(x)=1+x−x22!−x33!+x44!+x55!−x66!−x77!+

Then we find that bb10 now becomes an entity in itself. Therefore we must apply the basic rules to deal with this anomaly which are,

i0 = +1,****i1 = +i****i2 = -1****i3 = -i****i4 = +1****i5 = +i
    exi=1+xi−x22!−ix33!+x44!+ix55!−x66!−ix77!+
    eπi=−1+i0,oreπi+1=0

The answer therefore has to be that 'Chris' is a transvestite, cross dressing, alien lesbian that is related somehow to Robin Hood, Alexander the great, Joan of Arc, Bob Hope and studied the inner being of the humble potato at one of my classes at MIT. Any further questions will be answered after class is over.
    kbz1960 and okader like this.
    04-12-13 01:32 PM
    I would think that BB10 will have to offered up first. Other than that why not just call the CEO? You have his number don't you?
    04-13-13 07:34 PM
    I don't think it is ever coming back. Has anyone read the read me folder when you bridge bb10 and PlayBook? I left my PlayBook at work so I can't quote it but it does seem they are going to leave it as it is.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 08:11 PM
    I thought someone said that they weren't. Has that changed?
    04-13-13 08:25 PM
    I don't think it is ever coming back. Has anyone read the read me folder when you bridge bb10 and PlayBook? I left my PlayBook at work so I can't quote it but it does seem they are going to leave it as it is.

Posted via CB10
    Someone posted it but I don't recall it and I don't have z10.

PLEASE someone post the README from the Bridge Folder on the z10.
    04-13-13 09:05 PM
    Someone posted it but I don't recall it and I don't have z10.

PLEASE someone post the README from the Bridge Folder on the z10.

So when is Bridge OS7 coming back to the PB and bb10 devices?-img_00000077.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    04-13-13 09:17 PM
    Many of us are Z10 and PB owners who want a serious answer to the question you have presented. Alas, I fear no answer will come soon.
    04-13-13 10:01 PM
    I'd love to have full Bridge functionality restored as well. My guess is this is coming once BlackBerry 10 comes to the PlayBook. If my speculation is correct, then "later this year" is the only date we have to go on (although I predict BB10 will arrive to the PlayBook by fall).
    04-13-13 10:08 PM
    I'd love to have full Bridge functionality restored as well. My guess is this is coming once BlackBerry 10 comes to the PlayBook. If my speculation is correct, then "later this year" is the only date we have to go on (although I predict BB10 will arrive to the PlayBook by fall).
    Maybe we need to present our case to rim rather than merely HOPE that they restore the missing features. I guess I will log on to their forum and post.
    04-13-13 11:15 PM
    Obviously I have no more facts than anyone else, but my take on the whole Bridge/BB10 fiasco was that they discovered late in the game that providing visibility into the BB10 hub from an external device was, what we engineers describe as, "really, really difficult to do".

So, being as the Z10 launch was judged a smidge more important than keeping us PB owners happy... they took all that "accessing the hub" functionality out of the BB10 Bridge because it was too hard to fix, and they'd anyway run out of time to investigate it further.

If my guesses are correct, then (unfortunately) the question of when/if BB10 comes to the PB is irrelevant as I suspect providing visibility into the BB10 hub from another BB10 device (a PB) isn't going to be any easier a nut to crack than the original problem.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-14-13 01:42 PM
    Obviously I have no more facts than anyone else, but my take on the whole Bridge/BB10 fiasco was that they discovered late in the game that providing visibility into the BB10 hub from an external device was, what we engineers describe as, "really, really difficult to do".

So, being as the Z10 launch was judged a smidge more important than keeping us PB owners happy... they took all that "accessing the hub" functionality out of the BB10 Bridge because it was too hard to fix, and they'd anyway run out of time to investigate it further.

If my guesses are correct, then (unfortunately) the question of when/if BB10 comes to the PB is irrelevant as I suspect providing visibility into the BB10 hub from another BB10 device (a PB) isn't going to be any easier a nut to crack than the original problem.
    The world is just crammed full of intelligent animals, oh and a gooseberry.
    04-14-13 01:48 PM
    Maybe we need to present our case to rim rather than merely HOPE that they restore the missing features. I guess I will log on to their forum and post.
    BlackBerry goes through these forums, and I'm almost certain they know there's a demand for it. Whether or not the demand is sufficient enough to justify the expense, however, is a different matter altogether.

Personally, I think the problem is this: on the Z10, you have everything in one Hub. The PlayBook, not being on BlackBerry 10, currently has no Hub. Splitting all of the messages off into several different apps would seem counter-productive. I think they want to get BlackBerry 10 onto the PlayBook to maintain uniformity with the Hub across both devices. But this is just all speculation, we may have to wait for BlackBerry 10 to arrive to the PlayBook before we find out.
    04-14-13 02:09 PM
    Since Chris started or re-re-restarted when is bb10 coming to the PB, I thought I would take off of that one and ask this question specifically.

I still am aghast and amazed that they could drop one of the most creative and unique functions of the pb vis a vis bbphones. So that makes be again ask:

I can't repeat is enough:

never
    04-14-13 10:54 PM
    never
    As long as that eh?
    04-15-13 06:17 AM
    I thought someone said that they weren't. Has that changed?
    That was the guy that posted just before you.
    See? So when is Bridge OS7 coming back to the PB and bb10 devices?-oth_small_down_arrow.gif

I don't want OS7 Bridge. I prefer OS6 Bridge. That is what I use now.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-15-13 06:33 AM
    That was the guy that posted just before you.
    See? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oth_small_down_arrow.gif 
Views:	73 
Size:	344 Bytes 
ID:	151388

I don't want OS7 Bridge. I prefer OS6 Bridge. That is what I use now.
    I HAVN'T got any bridges! (sound of quiet sobbing and clinking of bottles in the distance)
    04-15-13 06:47 AM
    I HAVN'T got any bridges! (sound of quiet sobbing and clinking of bottles in the distance)
    You're in luck. Fortunately, I have one to sell. Don't delay, buy one today...
    04-15-13 06:59 AM
    It's coming soon. For exact date please check the Viber thread.
    04-15-13 07:08 AM
27 12