They don't mention it in betazone.
    04-13-13 04:31 AM
    All I want is a decent brandy. . It helps pass the time until BB10 comes to the PlayBook.
    L'Art de Martell
    Camus Cognac Cuvee 3.128
    Cognac Frapin Cuvee 1888
    De Luze Extra Delight
    R�my Martin XO Excellence
    Gauthier Tres Vieux Cognac
    Gauthier Reserve Famile 10 Year Old Cognac

Any of those float your boat?
    Enyigma likes this.
    04-13-13 05:56 AM
    I heard from a friend who has a friend who has a cousin that knows a guy that knows a janitor from BB that found a note in the trash that said Bb10 for playbook is on it's way someday
    04-13-13 08:52 AM
    I heard from a friend who has a friend who has a cousin that knows a guy that knows a janitor from BB that found a note in the trash that said Bb10 for playbook is on it's way someday
    Hmmm. I'm not sure I believe it. Let me finish my tea and see what the leaves say.
    04-13-13 08:55 AM
    My 2 cents....
    If we see BB10 on the Playbook it will be a NEW Playbook. I saw a recent quote from Thor just a few days ago stating that Blackberry hasn't ruled out making another tablet. For me that would be good news...another BB device to penetrate the market...with better specs and phone capabilities?
    04-13-13 09:11 AM
    My 2 cents....
    If we see BB10 on the Playbook it will be a NEW Playbook. I saw a recent quote from Thor just a few days ago stating that Blackberry hasn't ruled out making another tablet. For me that would be good news...another BB device to penetrate the market...with better specs and phone capabilities?
    the new tablet from Blackberry will not be called a playbook
    04-13-13 09:21 AM
    Sorry....the ZeeBook
    04-13-13 09:26 AM
    My 2 cents....
    I would dearly love to dare dream that you are correct. The problem RIM/BB whatever you want to call them, have now in the market place earned the same reputation as Skoda has in the car industry. They now market a car that is thousands of pounds cheaper than the Audi TT! Different body and Skoda badges on it. Same engine, four wheel drive, gearbox, suspension in fact the cars are identical apart from branding and slight body style difference. Does anyone buy them? The answer is yes a few people do obviously but not in sufficient numbers to make it viable as an ongoing project for Skoda. BB now have the same problem in that they could release what is the equivalent of a NASA space shuttle and as soon as the market see the brand bb, it's oh here we go again. They are now trying to push water up hill and we all know that there may be problems with that.
    04-13-13 09:28 AM
    I would dearly love to dare dream that you are correct. The problem RIM/BB whatever you want to call them, have now in the market place earned the same reputation as Skoda has in the car industry. They now market a car that is thousands of pounds cheaper than the Audi TT! Different body and Skoda badges on it. Same engine, four wheel drive, gearbox, suspension in fact the cars are identical apart from branding and slight body style difference. Does anyone buy them? The answer is yes a few people do obviously but not in sufficient numbers to make it viable as an ongoing project for Skoda. BB now have the same problem in that they could release what is the equivalent of a NASA space shuttle and as soon as the market see the brand bb, it's oh here we go again. They are now trying to push water up hill and we all know that there may be problems with that.
    The original Playbook's fate was it's own undoing. Rushing a device to market with a half baked OS. It deserved to fail. Blackberry needs to do the obvious. Make great BB10 products that consumers will want to buy. It's not a race...it's a marathon.
    04-13-13 09:35 AM
    The original Playbook's fate was it's own undoing. Rushing a device to market with a half baked OS. It deserved to fail. Blackberry needs to do the obvious. Make great BB10 products that consumers will want to buy. It's not a race...it's a marathon.
    Suddenly I have fallen in love and want to marry (again). Oh please tell me you intelligent specimen of a forum member that you like brandy and pasties. I will propose on the spot if you do!
    04-13-13 09:43 AM
    the new tablet from Blackberry will not be called a playbook
    You've changed your avatar as well. Is there no decorum on this forum any more?
    04-13-13 09:44 AM
    L'Art de Martell
    Camus Cognac Cuvee 3.128
    Cognac Frapin Cuvee 1888
    De Luze Extra Delight
    R�my Martin XO Excellence
    Gauthier Tres Vieux Cognac
    Gauthier Reserve Famile 10 Year Old Cognac

Any of those float your boat?
    Wonderful selection... Makes me want to try them all.

So when is BB10 coming to the PlayBook?-jeanneau41ds.jpg
    Last edited by Enyigma; 04-13-13 at 01:30 PM.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-13-13 12:53 PM
    It's coming December 31st 2013. Any time before then is a bonus.
    04-13-13 01:04 PM
    Would be nice to see it by the summer but who really cares. The playbook works awesome right now, at least for me, and the only benefits i could see from bb10 on the playbook would be bbm, updated browser, "bb10 apps", better looking blackberry world, the hub (if they implement that), timeshift (if possible), and the peek/ flow gestures. Yes it seems very enticing, but remember the playbook has 1G of ram, 1G dual core processor ( the 4g being an exception with the 1.5G dual core), and will run a bit sluggish with the new software. Im sure BlackBerry would try to optimize the software so it runs smooth, but playbook users would not enjoy it as much as bb10 on a Z10 or Q10. Anyone who used the dev alpha A or B could tell you that it ran good, but when compared to the final production Z10 it was not as buttery smooth.
    04-13-13 01:59 PM
    It's called many things, heaven, shangrila, nirvana or whatever floats your boat. I already live there and it's similar to living in the biggest well stocked cellar you can imagine.
    LMAO ... I'm beginning to like this guys posts ... hilariously intelligent quips in the right prose. Man I gotta start reading literature again and not just texts for work skills.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-13-13 02:27 PM
    Wonderful selection... Makes me want to try them all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeanneau41DS.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	150840
    Are you a psychiatrist? The moment I saw the picture of the boat I felt sea sick and an uncontrollable urge to pick up my glass of brandy both at the same time!!!!!!!

You are playing with my mind you cad you!
    04-13-13 02:49 PM
    Well, no-one's asked for a while...

Edit: SORRY.
    It will be released on May 15, 2013 or, perhaps some other day.

Would a dog lie to a cat?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-13-13 02:54 PM
    It will be released on May 15, 2013 or, perhaps some other day.

Would a dog lie to a cat?
    Uh oh, it's either the cat, the dog or the gooseberry! Now it's the dogs turn and the thing is dogs don't even drink!!!!
    04-13-13 03:02 PM
    This dog drinks rum.
    I must admit, it's not a pretty sight.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-13-13 04:25 PM
    This dog drinks rum.
    I must admit, it's not a pretty sight.
    OMG it will be the cat or the gooseberry next admitting secret drinking habits
    04-13-13 04:39 PM
    never - stop dreaming

it will be on the new PB 2 - if it ever comes out
    04-13-13 10:10 PM
    Technically.....OS 2.0 is what; BB 10OS 0.6XX ?!?
    04-13-13 10:22 PM
    I don't think BB10 would be that different from PBOS. The major changes would be:

1. Low level updates that were implemented to support BB10 features
    2. API support for BB10 apps (highly unlikely that PBOS app support would be dropped)
    3. Hub (might work a little bit differently, as the PB has a bigger screen and four gesture sensitive sides.)
    4. And some other minor UI tweaks.

That being said, If there's demand I can see RIM making a PlayBook 2.0 (the PB /w LTE is a 1.5 in my book), with updated internals and a higher resolution screen, but otherwise identical to the current PlayBook (maybe even compatible with ALL accessories and cases)
    04-14-13 02:05 AM
    While waiting for BB10 to arrive for the Playbook, if it even arrives, I've got my eyes on an Asus Fonepad which will launch by the end of the month. It's a 7" tablet with 3G/GSM data *and* voice so I can carry one device instead of a Playbook + smartphone. It's also running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean so I don't have to deal with the Playbook's franken-Droid experience.

(use of Bluetooth headset is mandatory, nothing looks more silly than holding a tablet to your head )
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-14-13 04:00 AM
49 12