Well, no-one's asked for a while...

Edit: SORRY.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-12-13 09:23 AM

As far as I know there's no real news on that yet other than "sometime this year". There's only speculation otherwise. We just have to hang on until something official comes out from Blackberry.
    04-12-13 09:52 AM

Aahhh dear cat. Well you may ask this timeless question. There's another cat on this forum that is also in search of knowledge as you are. I can tell you only these small things as far as bb10 for the pb is concerned. They will however tell you nothing so my advice is stop reading now.

1. I don't want bb10 on my pb.
    2. It's guaranteed to be crap!
    3. When it happens the other cat won't tell you.
    4. Firstly ill celebrate with a bottle of brandy.
    5. Secondly I'll have a pasty.
    6. When I've finished my pasty I will login to crackberry.
    7. I will slowly drink my brandy whilst I read the numerous threads/posts regarding bb10 having screwed up people's pb's and asking for fixes.

In the meantime, sit in a dark room and recite the BB dweebs hallowed chant of "it will all be put right when we get the next update"

Simple eh?
    04-12-13 10:42 AM
    Aahhh dear cat. Well you may ask this timeless question. There's another cat on this forum that is also in search of knowledge as you are. I can tell you only these small things as far as bb10 for the pb is concerned. They will however tell you nothing so my advice is stop reading now.

1. I don't want bb10 on my pb.
    2. It's guaranteed to be crap!
    3. When it happens the other cat won't tell you.
    4. Firstly ill celebrate with a bottle of brandy.
    5. Secondly I'll have a pasty.
    6. When I've finished my pasty I will login to crackberry.
    7. I will slowly drink my brandy whilst I read the numerous threads/posts regarding bb10 having screwed up people's pb's and asking for fixes.

In the meantime, sit in a dark room and recite the BB dweebs hallowed chant of "it will all be put right when we get the next update"

Simple eh?
    U really talk like a sad old man.

The only good bbos10 would do is bbm and USB otg.
    deedumb35 likes this.
    04-12-13 10:48 AM
    My guess is fall. No need to keep checking, won't be out for a long long time.
    04-12-13 10:54 AM
    Not a moment before it gets here. And certainly not a moment sooner.
    04-12-13 10:56 AM
    To be honest, I only posted that 'cause I was bored.
    When I first got my PB (just after Christmas) there was a whole load of excitement here about BB10 coming soon, and at the time, I thoiught it would be pretty cool.
    Having used the PB now for a few months, it does everything that I need it for pretty well, or at least, well enough in some cases, so I really struggle to see what BB10 is going to add (except possibly a better browser, but even that, there is little that the existing browser won't do to an acceptable level). I'm not a great App freak, and I can live without Skype (yes, really! there are a few of us).
    So to comment on your list of small things
    1) Nor do I really
    2) I hope it won't
    3)Who is the other cat?
    4)Which brandy?
    5)Which pasty? (or do you make your own?)
    6 + 7) I think there will be a lot of those at first!
    04-12-13 10:58 AM
    Honestly, I've decided that I don't want BB10 on my PlayBook, unless my existing apps will run on it. I don't want to start over with purchasing apps and some of the apps are not on BB10 yet. The PlayBook works fine on the current version. Since PB OS 2 is already QNX, perhaps all they need to do is add the hub and add some other enhancements in an OS update that they can call BB10.
    Now, if they came out with a new tablet, with faster processor, better graphics, better integration with my Z10. Then it would be worth starting over!
    Last edited by Kendall Oei; 04-12-13 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Typo
    FF22 and Bobert_123 like this.
    04-12-13 11:01 AM
    What is going to be the difference between bb10 and what the pb is running now? They are both very similar in terms of settings, email, and the way you navigate. Would love to see the bb10 browser on the pb.
    04-12-13 11:08 AM

What's my user name then bright spark? Would you like me to talk like a happy gooseberry. An intelligent person says nothing when there is nothing to be said? You might need to Google that
    04-12-13 11:10 AM
    I wonder if Rim/bbry ever considered that

bbos is very similar to booboos:

"1. A stupid mistake; a blunder: "the petty talking points, peripheral issues, tactical boo-boos, and small-bore scandals that regularly intrude on campaigns" (New Republic).
    2. A slight physical injury, such as a scratch."
    04-12-13 11:47 AM
    There is a place somewhere on this planet earth that the villagers have built a big barrier of oil lanterns and watch towers that are constantly manned to keep watch for "Those We Don't Speak Of"... asking when is BB10 coming to the PlayBook is one of them...
    sad_old_man and Enyigma like this.
    04-12-13 11:48 AM
    To be honest, I only posted that 'cause I was bored.
    When I first got my PB (just after Christmas) there was a whole load of excitement here about BB10 coming soon, and at the time, I thoiught it would be pretty cool.
    Having used the PB now for a few months, it does everything that I need it for pretty well, or at least, well enough in some cases, so I really struggle to see what BB10 is going to add (except possibly a better browser, but even that, there is little that the existing browser won't do to an acceptable level). I'm not a great App freak, and I can live without Skype (yes, really! there are a few of us).
    So to comment on your list of small things
    1) Nor do I really
    2) I hope it won't
    3)Who is the other cat?
    4)Which brandy?
    5)Which pasty? (or do you make your own?)
    6 + 7) I think there will be a lot of those at first!
    Why is it always the cats that are difficult?

4 = Cognac Frapin Cuvee 1888
    5 = Cornish but yes as well
    3 = The official secrets act prevents me from disclosing the identity of the cat in question, but I can tell you that it is intelligent, it is a nuisance, it doesn't have bright red eyes and only turns up when you least want it to. Oh and it has a friend who is a gooseberry.
    04-12-13 12:08 PM
    There is a place somewhere on this planet earth that the villagers have built a big barrier of oil lanterns and watch towers that are constantly manned to keep watch for "Those We Don't Speak Of"... asking when is BB10 coming to the PlayBook is one of them...
    It's called many things, heaven, shangrila, nirvana or whatever floats your boat. I already live there and it's similar to living in the biggest well stocked cellar you can imagine.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-12-13 12:11 PM
    also the remember app where you can link videos and pictures and music to your notes
    04-12-13 05:36 PM

if your looking for problems you will always find them even if there aren't any.
    04-12-13 05:51 PM
    Last year PlayBook owners were tested for loyalty and love of RIM while waiting for the great update 2.0. There was the promise of android apps and calender and I forget what all now. Oh we all waited it seemed like forever. The update came and it did improve the PlayBook. Now it seems like there is a new wait going on for a few folks hoping to score the new phone os BB10 on the tablet. I am happy now for the most part with my PB. I just want them to iron out a few more of the wrinkles like the browser closing suddenly when your surfing the net. Fixing the bump between Windows 8 and the desktop drivers should of been handled already, I know there is a work around but newbies should not have to screw around with all that. I'm not worried about BB10, matter of fact I don't care.
    04-12-13 06:58 PM
    All I want is BBM and less chequered browser, O and better WiFi printer support. I would be really, really great if Lovefilm, Netflix and other video sites came out of the darkages and stop using silverlight, but that has nothing to do with BB10.
    04-12-13 07:05 PM
    All I want is a decent brandy. . It helps pass the time until BB10 comes to the PlayBook.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-12-13 07:13 PM
    You know... I posted some pics of one of those BlackBerry vans when I was in Boston. One of the BlackBerry guys told me BB10 won't be coming to the PlayBook that is out now. But it will be on another upcoming PlayBook... I could care less really.
    04-12-13 07:19 PM
    You can keep the brandy, but I'll have the pasty if you are making some.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-12-13 07:20 PM
    the main thing i want on my playbook is for the android runtime to be updated to jelly bean would be best.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-12-13 07:36 PM
    What's my user name then bright spark? Would you like me to talk like a happy gooseberry. An intelligent person says nothing when there is nothing to be said? You might need to Google that
    It's called many things, heaven, shangrila, nirvana or whatever floats your boat. I already live there and it's similar to living in the biggest well stocked cellar you can imagine.
    Don't keep our expectations low people
    Bb10 will be android-ios+win8 where a=8 I=6 w=0.
    04-13-13 03:09 AM
    the main thing i want on my playbook is for the android runtime to be updated to jelly bean would be best.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    +1
    04-13-13 03:10 AM
    Honestly, I've decided that I don't want BB10 on my PlayBook,
    I believe, BlackBerry reads your mind...

unless my existing apps will run on it. I don't want to start over with purchasing apps and some of the apps are not on BB10 yet.
    Actually, as both user of Z10 and PlayBook, I started purchasing some apps and games on BB10 that has been already paid in my PlayBook... this re-purchasing thing is actually not in the hand of BlackBerry... it is depend on the developers...

The PlayBook works fine on the current version. Since PB OS 2 is already QNX, perhaps all they need to do is add the hub and add some other enhancements in an OS update that they can call BB10.
    That is actually what we are looking in BB10 i.e. some hub, user's experience enhancement and compatibility with some apps and games running in BB10 plus a fully functional bridge with BlackBerry's current mobiles (e.g. Z10)... and that makes PB not OK on its current OS - it needs improvement...

Now, if they came out with a new tablet, with faster processor, better graphics, better integration with my Z10. Then it would be worth starting over!
    You sure, Mr. Heins is not beside you?
    sad_old_man and Kendall Oei like this.
    04-13-13 03:44 AM
49 12