Ok now that BB10 is out and widely commented on Z10 phones, how do you expect BB10 will improve your playbook experience when it comes ?

Will it solve everything ?

Will it solve nothing ?

Will it look like a polished mature OS after two years' wait ?

Will it be better than the competition ?
    02-06-13 03:37 PM
    I'm sure it won't stop the whining and complaining.
    rebroker2009 and BThunderW like this.
    02-06-13 03:39 PM
    At least there is no Skype.

I suppose that "be patient, it will come with the next release", like it was supposed to come for this one...
    02-07-13 04:38 AM
    Personally im not bothered about BB10 for the playbook as I think the current OS is pretty good but I'd rather they just fix some of the annoying things that bug me with it
    My annoyances are:
    wish the bluetooth volume would work when using an external speaker
    better built in file support for office documents - eg docx files and excel files - some open in "smart office lite" but would prefer something better built in to the PB, plus sometimes it just crashes when trying to open these files
    boot up time - when the machine freezes or plays up it would be good to just have a 30 second or a minute reboot time instead of the 5 minutes
    support to save iplayer files to the pb to watch later rather than having to watch them directly ( i know thats not a pb issue though)
    that'll do me
    02-07-13 04:51 AM
    Let's put this is a simple way... BlackBerry should officially announce that they will no longer upgrade the current PlayBook to BB10 and end of the discussion. Are there will be disappointments? YES of course, I will be one of them - but that's it. No matter how we whine or complaint, or bloody kill ourselves, it wouldn't change the fact that BB10 will no longer be coming to PB. Time to move on.

On the other hand, if BlackBerry still have honest intention to bring BB10 to PB, they should make a concrete and tangible plan to it - not later this year, even months will do e.g. end of October 2013. Something like, even non-believers will believe. On later this year scenario, even believers are having doubts. And this is where this, "the present OS is OK and excellent and don't need to be upgraded, I'm not bothered if BB did not bring BB10 to PB, and/or if BB upgrade this to BB10 it will be an added bonus", and some "reverse psychology" like that.

BlackBerry is trying to survive and compete. They should start letting their loyal customers as well as competitors feel and see that they are serious about it. And that every move or plan they have has concrete and solid foundation, resources and supports. Not something like later this year.
    02-07-13 05:18 AM
    I hear that with BB10 on phones the bridge function to playbook disappeared.

Is that true ?
    02-07-13 06:19 AM
    I hope BB10 comes out with sonar radar equipment and apps so I can find the lost gold in the rivers and oceans.
    svennebe likes this.
    02-07-13 08:05 AM
    I'm beginning to think it will provide very little advantage and I won't be giving up the current USEFUL bridge for an anemic substitute.
    02-07-13 02:27 PM
    Apparently there will be Skype, but it will be Android version and not native.

However, this could have happened without BB10.
    02-08-13 05:14 AM
    I'm really looking forward to a big improvement in terms of the web browser. The one in the current OS isn't bad, but has some serious room for improvements. From what I understand, the one in BB10 is a lot faster. A bit better sideload support would be nice (Skype, Oovoo, Netflix), but we'll see how things pan out.
    02-08-13 06:03 AM
    I don't see many new apps coming.

Maybe "wait for next update", again...
    02-10-13 10:52 AM