Credibility! Having someone who's not even using my product is not credible at all.
    Let's put it on a business perspective... Ms. Alicia Keys was hired or being paid for being famous... now, if BlackBerry wants her to be credible, that's another contract...

Posted via Z10
    05-16-13 10:26 AM
    just don't understand using Alicia keys as a spokesperson. i mean who are her fans? is she Canadian?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 10:53 AM
    She should ditch the iphone.
    I bet the dirty little secret is that it is not the Stars tweeting on their iPhones, but it is actually a paid PR people tweeting on their behalf using the PR person's own iPhone. In other words, Ms. Keyes needs to get her PR person a BlackBerry.
    05-16-13 11:41 AM
    I guess she has her followers and rim thinks she can sell their product. And maybe Lance was too busy!

I have to be honest - when skipping commercials with my Tivo, I do sometimes stop on the ipad commercials. They do sell that product and make it seem very powerful - not the retina display type stuff but those apps, those endless apps (the only ones they show are really good)
    05-16-13 12:29 PM
    just don't understand using Alicia keys as a spokesperson. i mean who are her fans? is she Canadian?

Posted via CB10
    No, she is american and was really big a few years ago. I don't listen to her, but the song New York Empire part 2 (I think thats the name, Jay Z did the first one) is really good and she does sing extremely well.

I like the idea of her as a spokesperson, but it scares me when a struggling company hires a celebrity with that impressive of a title (even if it is namesake title only). I think I would feel better if they called her an "Global Creative Ambassador" rather than "Global Creative Director". Maybe they could have a team of Creative Ambassadors that include other highly known artistic mediums. Either way, I want to know that the CEO, Board, VPs, and Directors are highly trained or highly (successfully) experienced in business. Then again maybe she is, as there are a lot of successful singers in business now.

Edit: song was called Empire State of Mind (Part II).
    05-16-13 12:46 PM
    Why can't we all just let this play out as it should? I've never been a fan of hers, but I'm smart enough to realize she is not your normal celeb ambassador. Just listening to her speak makes me at least have hope she could do a great job for many reasons. Is it because she is a smart women that gets people's goats? It seems that some Crackberry posters have to complain about things just for the heck of it. Nothing is ever good enough and some of you always know best. If BlackBerry did not get anyone in this regard, we'd be hearing, "why"? It's so easy to be a back seat driver with anything BlackBerry tries to accomplish. I for one like how BlackBerry is trying to make positive bold moves. If it doesn't work, so what, get back on your feet and try again. At least it's not the company of two years ago that came across as closed to the world. Time to Keep Moving.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 05-16-13 at 05:25 PM.
    05-16-13 01:58 PM
    She had a great speech, congrats to the person who wrote it, but the next day speech at Mercedes-Benz Class S launch was better!
    05-16-13 03:33 PM
    Tweeting nice things about BB from her iPhone?
    05-16-13 04:28 PM
    Tweeting nice things about BB from her iPhone?

So this happened months ago when she told the world she used other devices inbetween her old love for BlackBerry . What's the big deal? We can probably let it go now. Oh wait, this is a Crackberry thread. Me stupid.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 05-16-13 at 06:04 PM.
    05-16-13 04:38 PM
    Thor should listen to more music before picking Alica Key. At least consult Simon Cowell first If picking her is base on popularity, someone like Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber would have draw a younger and bigger fan base. If you want someone with business savvy, At least Madonna would personify that. But why limit to singers? What about actors? The problem in picking entertainers is their popularity changes quickly, if you can't capitalize on their popularity du jour, it's a waste of investment. Can we even measure the success of her being an ambassador to BlackBerry business? Imo, no one, no one in the entertainment industry can boost the image of BlackBerry. At least not in an appointed position. Unintention exposure of celebrities using the device is a whole other arena.
    05-16-13 09:21 PM
    Thorsten keeps trying to jump her bones. She"s probably busy filing a lawsuit.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    05-16-13 09:33 PM
    BlackBerry continuing its slide in falling to 2.9% in the 1Q13. I learn, when you have a good product in hands you don't need celebs to promote it!
    05-16-13 09:55 PM
    What's wrong with earning a paycheck? Blackberry is using her celebrity status while she promotes the brand. Seems like a fair trade to me.

You know my steez using Samsung Galaxy S4
    Well Paperazzi don't pap you so....work it out.

If HappyHenryDeutcha had any balls he said pay it back you broke your contract by being seen with your iPlod mobile, and it's the lack of balls and common sense why BB is still falling to bits.
    05-16-13 10:14 PM
    I bet the dirty little secret is that it is not the Stars tweeting on their iPhones, but it is actually a paid PR people tweeting on their behalf using the PR person's own iPhone. In other words, Ms. Keyes needs to get her PR person a BlackBerry.
    She forget and tweet from her iPlod, then between that and Paperazzi pics she find she pays BB not to.end jp in court than they ever paid her, cos HappyHeins that's what you do when. Bfeacb of contracts occur....hhhmmmmmmm PB BB10, now there's another breach of contract

Time goes by (x8)
    Time goes by so slowly, for those who wait....
    05-16-13 10:19 PM
    Well Paperazzi don't pap you so....work it out.

If HappyHenryDeutcha had any balls he said pay it back you broke your contract by being seen with your iPlod mobile, and it's the lack of balls and common sense why BB is still falling to bits.
    Good products attract costumers who attract more costumers who will increase sales who means happy and satisfied costumers. This is what good products need.
    05-16-13 10:22 PM
    No, she is american and was really big a few years ago. I don't listen to her, but the song New York Empire part 2 (I think thats the name, Jay Z did the first one) is really good and she does sing extremely well.

I like the idea of her as a spokesperson, but it scares me when a struggling company hires a celebrity with that impressive of a title (even if it is namesake title only). I think I would feel better if they called her an "Global Creative Ambassador" rather than "Global Creative Director". Maybe they could have a team of Creative Ambassadors that include other highly known artistic mediums. Either way, I want to know that the CEO, Board, VPs, and Directors are highly trained or highly (successfully) experienced in business. Then again maybe she is, as there are a lot of successful singers in business now.

Edit: song was called Empire State of Mind (Part II).
    The woman with a amazing voice (credit where due) can't even create a international album, what the Fook was BB/Hiens thinking??? She can't sell herself as a product, but she do wonders for BB?? WTF man!!!
    05-16-13 10:23 PM
    Why can't we all just let this play out as it should? I've never been a fan of hers, but I'm smart enough to realize she is not your normal celeb ambassador. Just listening to her speak makes me at least have hope she could do a great job for many reasons. Is it because she is a smart women that gets people's goats? It seems that some Crackberry posters have to complain about things just for the heck of it. Nothing is ever good enough and some of you always know best. If BlackBerry did not get anyone in this regard, we'd be hearing, "why"? It's so easy to be a back seat driver with anything BlackBerry tries to accomplish. I for one like how BlackBerry is trying to make positive bold moves. If it doesn't work, so what, get back on your feet and try again. At least it's not the company of two years ago that came across as closed to the world. Time to Keep Moving.

Posted via CB10

PMSL smart woman Alicia don't get caught by Paperazzi using a non BB when contracted to BB they know it's a breach of contract, faith and shows the morality of someone - cash over substance.

I mean why not Madonna? She have a advert switching to vibrate and dropping her BB down. Her crotch before going on stage and rocking out, a other late night ad have her rubbing her foo foo over her clothes, as much as that's slutty that's marketing, what Alicia bring to table? Hypocrisy....oh yeah cos that sell SO well...

BB iz still closed as ever, 2 models and no BIS will hardly will save it.
    05-16-13 10:30 PM
    Good products attract costumers who attract more costumers who will increase sales who means happy and satisfied costumers. This is what good products need.
    Good products? Given BB history you can't call Z/Q10 that, they are 1st market beta devices, as was PB but PB has more substance and style and in two years will Z&Q hold it like PB has done for 2 years EVEN 'without' BB10 on it
    05-16-13 10:34 PM
    So this happened months ago when she told the world she used other devices inbetween her old love for BlackBerry . What's the big deal? We can probably let it go now. Oh wait, this is a Crackberry thread. Me stupid.
    Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah let's all give up our substance like Alicia, the world and humanity will become SO much a better place. AND AK was paid to make BB berry new LOVE, the other devices was "damage control".
    05-16-13 10:37 PM
    The woman with a amazing voice (credit where due) can't even create a international album, what the Fook was BB/Hiens thinking??? She can't sell herself as a product, but she do wonders for BB?? WTF man!!!
    Why does she need to create an international album? Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

05-16-13 10:46 PM
    Oh yeah let's all give up our substance like Alicia, the world and humanity will become SO much a better place. AND AK was paid to make BB berry new LOVE, the other devices was "damage control".
    I agree that celeb endorsements are hit or miss. Not a big fan, but after listening to her speak at three different events, BlackBerry has a different kind of role that is far beyond the other celeb B.S. I would bet that most of you making these off hand comments have no idea how her role is starting to take shape. Oh well, speak on and fill us with your enlightenment.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 05-16-13 at 11:02 PM.
    05-16-13 10:51 PM
    I agree that celeb endorsements are hit or miss. Not a big fan, but after listening to her speak at three different events, BlackBerry has a different kind of role that is far beyond the other celeb B.S. I would bet that most of you making these off hand comments have no idea how her role is starting to take shape. Oh well, speak on and fill us with your enlightenment.

Posted via CB10
    You mean when you listening her PR speech? The one she gave at Mercedes Benz Class S launch was much better! Don't believe everything you ear. Especially when they don't use the product they are advertising.
    05-16-13 11:11 PM
    [QUOTE=Xano;8496314]You mean when you listening her PR speech? The one she gave at Mercedes Benz Class S launch was much better! Don't believe everything you ear. Especially when they don't use the product they are advertising.[/QUOTE

Actually, the one with four guest women along side her. They were not selling anything. It's a different angle that will take this in a different direction than the normal crap. Anyway, time will tell. Open mind is all I have at this point.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 11:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Role? She's a glorified in "name" model with a twitter following, how creative can one be influenced by Apple as their main device lol

Enlighten she disgraced herself and BB, hope and her secret Apple stash F off together to a orchard with Adam and Eve fruits lol Anyonewigh half a brain can learn a script moreso a singer whom memorises lyrics ain't that right xBURK

On a better note Dell, lost79%, moving into business enterprise its only profit maker in last 3montbs,ready swipe up old BIS users I bet, they can do mobile/tablet hardware, now just got to licence BIS/BBM or set up its own now the only competitor has dumped security
    05-16-13 11:54 PM
    Why does she need to create an international album? Where do you guys come up with this stuff?

Well international BB sales...Madonna, Kylie or Gaga all have big fanbases for instance: also a strong pink pound influence:disposable income and BB went for a international 2 hit wonder. Had tbej kept her marketing to US.poss Canada yeah but worldwide ??
    05-16-13 11:58 PM
57 123