Microsoft just agreed to buy Skype for 8.5 billion, and since Microsoft and RIM are partnering up.

Microsoft buys Skype for $8.5 billion, CPPIB holds stake

It may take awhile though...
    05-10-11 10:45 AM
    Depends on what they can and cannot do with the Verizon contract of exclusivity.

Tim
    05-10-11 10:47 AM
    I think you may be overplaying the Microsoft-RIM partnership a bit. Though two are working together to some degree, but they're also still competing (Microsoft will continue to push WP7, for example). However, if a PlayBook app is in Skype's best interest, then there will be a Skype app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 10:53 AM
    So because they partnered up on Bing they are sharing all resources? So Microsoft us getting BBM and TAT and working with the QNX team?

Sure, its a 50/50 chance your speculation us right or wrong, but people who have no idea about inner working of companies need to stop trying to predict the future. Its just silly how many Skype threads are here today, all concluding because Microsoft bought them that somehow that guarantees RIM will get Skype. No one really knows. Let's move on.

Yes, I was harsh. Its annoying to see so much speculation touted as fact and it is rampant on these forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 10:57 AM
    Guys and gals, there is already a thread on this.....http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/mi...owners-614052/
    05-10-11 11:02 AM
    The only fact from my initial post was that Microsoft bought Skype.
    05-10-11 11:05 AM
    Guys and gals, there is already a thread on this.....http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/mi...owners-614052/

I get a Page error.

My mistake...lol

Close the thread please mods!!!
    05-10-11 11:06 AM
    05-10-11 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD