I just bought an adapter... so I'm gonna see if I can upload files.. or over the usb to a mini drive.... or do I need a special boot code?
    jjaammzz likes this.
    10-19-12 07:04 PM
    It's not going to work. I wish it did though.
    10-19-12 07:10 PM
    I read somewhere that it was possible tho.
    10-19-12 07:13 PM
    It's possible on a rooted PB, and if you're running OS 2.1, rooting is virtually impossible.
    10-19-12 07:27 PM
    I noticed that.. I just tbought I was crazy... lol. but further reading I found it may just be a simple issue of powering the usb... I bet my hubby can work a way around it heheje
    rexrim likes this.
    10-19-12 07:48 PM
    LOL...my wife does the same to me....you got to love the faith.. Keep it strong..
    10-20-12 03:39 AM
    it did if you rooted your PB long ago but its not officially supported
    10-20-12 04:51 AM
    USB OTG is tipped to be part of BB10 native. Right now it's a no go without unlocking root, and as others have stated this isn't possible on 2.1
    10-20-12 06:31 AM
    The playbook has the hardware but not the software yet

BlackBerry 10 USB Host & Bluetooth Accessories Coming! (USB & Bluetooth APIs)
    BlackBerry 10 USB Host & Bluetooth Accessories Coming! (USB & Bluetooth APIs) - BerryReview
    Zildjian71 and axllebeer like this.
    10-20-12 07:11 AM
    USB OTG is tipped to be part of BB10 native. Right now it's a no go without unlocking root, and as others have stated this isn't possible on 2.1
    everything is possible... just not possible to the average ...lol
    10-20-12 07:36 AM
    everything is possible... just not possible to the average ...lol
    that's true.however many experts have tried and haven't succeed yet. so if your husband is able to do it later you better post how to do it here asap. many including me have been longing for this feature.
    10-20-12 07:41 AM
    The playbook has the hardware but not the software yet

BlackBerry 10 USB Host & Bluetooth Accessories Coming! (USB & Bluetooth APIs)
    BlackBerry 10 USB Host & Bluetooth Accessories Coming! (USB & Bluetooth APIs) - BerryReview
    Actually, it has the software it just doesn't use it. Recent versions of the PB OS have included the drivers for USB OTG, but they aren't enabled. Hopefully they will get enabled before too long.
    Tha.Housewife likes this.
    10-20-12 08:26 AM
    Maybe I should find the connector in advance - showing some (minimal) faith in bb10 and Rim. Anyone got a link for such a connector or a model or....?
    Tha.Housewife likes this.
    10-20-12 08:45 AM
    Maybe I should find the connector in advance - showing some (minimal) faith in bb10 and Rim. Anyone got a link for such a connector or a model or....?
    Bought one on fleabay or maybe it was amazon for well under $5.00 including shipping several months ago anticipating it would be available with os2, but we know how that worked out. I will be ready for bb10 though.
    Tha.Housewife and jerryeight like this.
    10-20-12 08:58 AM
    Lots to choose from
    Amazon.com: Samsung Micro USB to USB Adapter: Cell Phones & Accessories
    micro usb adapter | eBay
    Canada Computers | | STARTECH MICRO USB ADAPTER - MICRO USB TO USB B M/F

and run a dual monitor setup using this
    For only $8.84 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Micro USB to HDMI� MHL Adapter - Black | MHL Adapters
    10-20-12 09:05 AM
    From what I've been made to understand the drivers are already in place its just a question of when rim will open it up I guess they are waiting for bbx to drop it would be a nice bone to throw us in the interim.:-D
    They should break us off a nice chunk of that usb otg goodness that would placate me till jan feb or March when the secret wepon is released I don't believe that rim has said how soon after the new handsets arrive that the pb will get the bbx upgrade.
    Enyigma likes this.
    10-20-12 10:25 AM
    Will it be enabled only for specific accessories, or will we finally be able to do something simple like hook a d@mn camera to it and download pictures/videos?
    10-20-12 11:03 AM
    The USB OTG adapter cable is very basic, so any 99-cent eBay special will work (just search for "micro usb otg").

Now, we just have to wait for BB10, or hope that RIM includes the support in a 2.X update, or maybe some clever app developer can tap into the API.
    10-20-12 11:05 AM
    that's true.however many experts have tried and haven't succeed yet. so if your husband is able to do it later you better post how to do it here asap. many including me have been longing for this feature.
    well my husband is more of a hardware guru, no I have a few IT friends.. one who my cracked an HTC 7.. it was basicly a paper weight till he added some kernel to it, so with out a sim in it he got it updated to wp7.5...lol now its my extra wifi device for games n what not....but funny to see all my other friends begging to buy it from us, lol.

I wonder what my buddy can do with a playbook....then again... it is RIM, and he knows nothing about RIM, other than I brag about the security lol.
    10-20-12 11:18 AM
    well I seen now that the uk police are using playbooks...camera is on the dash is connected via a usb hub, plugged into the play book.... that's what got my head tilted in the first place lol
    10-20-12 11:23 AM
    Tipped by who?????
    10-20-12 11:52 PM
    I did a quick ebay search and couldnt find any....I wish thy made micro usb flash drive sticks so we would not need an adapter if this was enabled.
    10-20-12 11:54 PM
    I did a quick ebay search and couldnt find any....I wish thy made micro usb flash drive sticks so we would not need an adapter if this was enabled.
    I guess you didn't read djenkins6 second post in this thread. He got 10,000 hits on ebay.
    10-21-12 12:04 AM
    I guess you didn't read djenkins6 second post in this thread. He got 10,000 hits on ebay.
    dear sir,

I am hoping for a flash drive that is micro usb. Not a regular usb flash drive that I can plug into an adapter then into the playbook. I am aware adapters are available.

Do they make these yet? I honestly do not know.
    10-21-12 12:11 AM
    The main problem with a micro usb flash drive is the issue of mechanical leverage---inadvertently applying even moderate lateral force to the drive would surely damage the drive and/or the tablet's usb port and/or the tablet itself. This problem is greatly alleviated by use of a flexible corded adapter.

The right solution, of course, is a micro sd card slot in the tablet. This should pretty much be a standard feature in all tablets a year or two from now---this crap of having to guess how much internal storage one will need is for the birds.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-21-12 12:33 AM
60 123