But it could get BlackBerry 11
    07-25-13 12:30 AM
    Well you're definitely a dreamer. Smh

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 12:41 AM
    well, in my opinion it's not funny.
    07-25-13 12:45 AM
    They haven't ruled it out! What if eventually BlackBerry finds a way to make it their new OS run efficiently with less resources? Since BlackBerry embraces older specs there may come a day when PlayBook could run BB11.
    07-25-13 12:47 AM
    I'm holding out for BB10 on my 9000.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 12:49 AM
    This will never.. ever.. happen.

The sad reality is the Playbook is dead. We need to accept it.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 01:06 AM
    This will never.. ever.. happen.

The sad reality is the Playbook is dead. We need to accept it.

Posted via CB10
    PlayBook support is dead. My Playbook works fine... for now.

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer and cdelcampo216 like this.
    07-25-13 01:12 AM
    PlayBook support is dead. My Playbook works fine... for now.

Posted via CB10
    I agree my playbook does everything it did when I bought it. And I still use it a lot.. BUT dev's pretty much stopped creating apps for it when BB10 was announced.. they figured why write in air or whatever when we can write in cascades and launch on the Z10 / q10 and make minor adjustments when BB10 comes to the Playbook... now that it's not coming.. those apps are never coming. Capable as the tablet still is.. nobody is making apps for it anymore. Truth be told it's still my favorite tablet on the market, even knowing it will stay in its current condition... the news that BlackBerry had stopped developing for it isn't really a huge deal to me.. it's the fact that no 3rd party dev will support it now as a result... for that reason and that reason alone the Playbook is dead.

I haven't decided what om going to replace it with yet.. nothing else out there seems to suit me as well but I'm not going to hold onto a tablet that has no hope of ever getting any new apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 01:44 AM
    Well you're definitely a dreamer.
    You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one.
    93Aero and Harley Kid like this.
    07-25-13 08:44 PM
    You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one.
    I hope some day you'll join us/ and the world will live as one...

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 08:49 PM
    I still hit the Check for Update button every once in a while just to see if there's a surprise... usually before I get on CB (and see that there's no announcements). I know it seems silly, but I just can't seem to help myself. Just like when I swipe on any new android/microsoft tablets I come across.
    07-25-13 09:01 PM
    [QUOTE=just_luc;8885029 Truth be told it's still my favorite tablet on the market, even knowing it will stay in its current condition... the news that BlackBerry had stopped developing for it isn't really a huge deal to me.. it's the fact that no 3rd party dev will support it now as a result... for that reason and that reason alone the Playbook is dead.

I haven't decided what om going to replace it with yet.. nothing else out there seems to suit me as well but I'm not going to hold onto a tablet that has no hope of ever getting any new apps.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat my friend. As it turns out, I was under contract with my current devices and figured I would just wait for OS10 to hit my tablet before I committed to another two years for a device I might/might not like. I visit this site daily and found myself wiping my brow when I read the plethora of gripes at the (mega delayed) launch of the Z10. I expected the true fanboys to claim the device was heaven sent and the trolls to claim it was the worst thing since AOL 1.0! Somewhere in between, I came to find truth in the legitimacy of peoples claims of reboots, lack of apps, freezes, mail issues, etc. I took a ride one afternoon and hit a few different retailers that carry the Z10 and found that ONLY T-MO had the device displayed where it could actually be seen/used. I was upset to see that two Verizon locations didn't even have a working demo out for potential customers to use, not like they are going to sell many when the reps are steering clients to the SG 3/4 or the iPhone 4s! Why would a company request to carry and sell a device to have ZERO advertising and a demo that is kept on some counter out back? Best buy has been the biggest supporter (right behind T-MO) as far as showing off the phones and a reasonably nice display. As for my tablet quandary ... I am still unsure what I am going to do. I miss the bridge capabilities, and all the other great stuff the PB and OS7 did so well together. I don't know if the other platforms offer the same type of device (phone to tablet &vice versa) option that BlackBerry was renown for.
    07-25-13 09:21 PM
    You are assuming there might be a BlackBerry 11? Interesting. (kidding. Or am I? ).

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    07-25-13 09:23 PM
    You are assuming there might be a BlackBerry 11? Interesting.
    There will be. It might not be produced by BlackBerry though (;
    07-26-13 11:57 PM