Hey everyone just picked up my first playbook, actually first tablet period that Ive owned and I have a couple quick questions.

#1 where is the video store Ive seen people refrerence on here? Its not loaded on my device that I can find and its not in the appworld.

#2 Ive had the browser fail to open links several times, if i close the browser and reopen the page it usually works, Is this a common problem and is there an easy fix?

#3 I downloaded bridge on my Z10 and went through the prompts to get it working on the Playbook, it put my text messages and BBM onto the PB but the messages arent keeping updated the most recent messages on thr PB. I get a notification but when i open the new message isnt showing. Also i thought that bridge was supposed to sync my email accounts to the tablet? They didnt come over at all, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help and i apologize if Im asking stupid questions, Im new to this tablet buisness.

Posted via CB10
    Masterherm likes this.
    05-04-14 01:56 AM
    You bought a PlayBook just now?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 02:52 AM
    If you could return it, return it. The PlayBook has officially been discontinued, and is no longer supported.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 03:48 AM
    Hey everyone just picked up my first playbook, actually first tablet period that Ive owned and I have a couple quick questions.

#1 where is the video store Ive seen people refrerence on here? Its not loaded on my device that I can find and its not in the appworld.

#2 Ive had the browser fail to open links several times, if i close the browser and reopen the page it usually works, Is this a common problem and is there an easy fix?

#3 I downloaded bridge on my Z10 and went through the prompts to get it working on the Playbook, it put my text messages and BBM onto the PB but the messages arent keeping updated the most recent messages on thr PB. I get a notification but when i open the new message isnt showing. Also i thought that bridge was supposed to sync my email accounts to the tablet? They didnt come over at all, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help and i apologize if Im asking stupid questions, Im new to this tablet buisness.

Posted via CB10
    I have a Playbook, my advise to you is to return it ASAP.
    05-04-14 04:29 AM
    If PlayBook is your first tablet, that's OK. You'll be impressed on your next tablet regardless of what it is.

Anyway, for other enquiries;

(1) The video store is only available on some countries i.e. Canada. (or probably only on that country).

(2) The PlayBook native browser is just like that - ever since. You can try your "luck" with other available third party browser like Origami or Fast Browser.

(3) The PlayBook bridge is OK with BlackBerry previous OS7. But with the new BB10 OS, it's been crippled as the way you describe it.

The PlayBook is what it is. There is no future on it since BlackBerry already discontinued its support. It is like a boat sailing in the ocean or an airplane flying in the air with no ground support.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 04:33 AM
    Pay no attention to the malcontents. While the PlayBook is now three-year-old technology, it still works, and it's still a decent tab. I use mine every day -- in fact I'm on it right now, using the aforementioned Origami browser. Despite the PB's shortcomings, I still prefer using it over any other tab.

Regarding the Video Store, if you're in a country where it's available -- and that may only be within North America, I don't remember -- make sure you have the most current PB OS. Video Store came in a later update, as I recall. Make sure your battery is fully charged, then go to Settings in the top right corner of the home screen, then tap Software Update.

As for the Bridge, I've found it to be less than 100% reliable with BB10. I frequently have text messages completely blank, or the last BBM message in a conversation just not show up -- it can work just fine, or it can be unpredictably flaky. Make sure you have the most current version on your phone -- a quick visit to BBWorld will confirm that.

If you have any other questions about the PlayBook, post them here any time. Hopefully people will answer them rather than chastise you for buying it.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 05-04-14 at 10:10 AM.
    05-04-14 06:55 AM
    Don't listen to the negative comments, you have a great Tablet with quality Apps available. Check out all this thread for the top 100:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=927131

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    bob_tn, anon(5597702) and 93Aero like this.
    05-04-14 07:24 AM
    I think technically, Blackberry still supports it (the original link saying the support deadline for PB was ending is no longer available on the BB site, but they may have a different link now, not sure), but it's not like they ever actually did -really- support it. They kinda threw them out there, said "hey, this is part of the evolution to BB10, please write apps for us" and that was about it.
    05-04-14 09:46 AM
    The Browser works much better/faster for me with JavaScript turned off: swipe down, tap Settings, tap Content, turn off Enable JavaScript.

Naturally, you'll need to turn it back on for sites which require it though
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-04-14 10:58 AM
    Pay no attention to the malcontents. While the PlayBook is now three-year-old technology, it still works, and it's still a decent tab. I use mine every day -- in fact I'm on it right now, using the aforementioned Origami browser. Despite the PB's shortcomings, I still prefer using it over any other tab.

Regarding the Video Store, if you're in a country where it's available -- and that may only be within North America, I don't remember -- make sure you have the most current PB OS. Video Store came in a later update, as I recall. Make sure your battery is fully charged, then go to Settings in the top right corner of the home screen, then tap Software Update.

As for the Bridge, I've found it to be less than 100% reliable with BB10. I frequently have text messages completely blank, or the last BBM message in a conversation just not show up -- it can work just fine, or it can be unpredictably flaky. Make sure you have the most current version on your phone -- a quick visit to BBWorld will confirm that.

If you have any other questions about the PlayBook, post them here any time. Hopefully people will answer them rather than chastise you for buying it.
    Thanks everyone for all the information, I knew when i bought the tab that they were discontinued and no longer supported, I also picked it up for 30 dollars new in the box. After having my Z10 (the first blackberry ive ever owned) for a year and falling in love with the OS and build quality, Ive been itching to try out a PB.

As far as the video store, Im in the US, so I should be in the correct geographical region correct? I think my software is also up to date, Im running Version 2.1.0.1917. Any other ideas on how to get the video store?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 11:47 AM
    Thanks everyone for all the information, I knew when i bought the tab that they were discontinued and no longer supported, I also picked it up for 30 dollars new in the box. After having my Z10 (the first blackberry ive ever owned) for a year and falling in love with the OS and build quality, Ive been itching to try out a PB.

As far as the video store, Im in the US, so I should be in the correct geographical region correct? I think my software is also up to date, Im running Version 2.1.0.1917. Any other ideas on how to get the video store?

Posted via CB10
    $30? Lol at that price I'd also get my hands on one.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-04-14 11:49 AM
    Thirty bucks is a great price even for a 16 GB but you don't give the size. Read the help and be careful that you plug into the micro USB port correctly using the BB supplied charger. Read Info supplied in help and on the BB site to learn how to operate.Get the magnetic charger at first oppurtunity. Don't load unnecessary apps and content particularly if it is a 16 GB. But you will want to have access to other browsers such as Origami and perhaps Dolphin or Maxthon. You might also like to have the file manager Ghost Commander and the Advanced App Manager both useful with Android content.
    05-04-14 12:15 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=894845
    Check here to get the video bar for your playbook.
    That's a great buy, I purchased my 4th Playbook about 2 and half weeks ago for $40 it came with a leather A+Case. The case retails for $20 on Amazon so I guess you can my PB was $20.

Posted via CB10
    twbtr likes this.
    05-04-14 01:15 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=894845
    Check here to get the video bar for your playbook.
    That's a great buy, I purchased my 4th Playbook about 2 and half weeks ago for $40 it came with a leather A+Case. The case retails for $20 on Amazon so I guess you can my PB was $20.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! And yes it is a 16GB but overall im happy with the buy so far

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 02:47 PM
    Be forewarned, and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that you'll be able to play any movies that you may purchase from the video store on any other devices that you may own. I'm not sure how this works with other video stores out there.
    05-04-14 03:04 PM
    Be forewarned, and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that you'll be able to play any movies that you may purchase from the video store on any other devices that you may own. I'm not sure how this works with other video stores out there.
    Does the Playbook video store still work? Has anyone successfully purchased anything recently?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 03:08 PM
    If you use the PlayBook Netflix solution through PlayOn, there is a bolt on App facility that you can download with PlayOn App called PlayLater. Once recorded on Netflix by PlayLater you can move the files to your PlayBook to view workout any Internet connection.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    05-04-14 04:04 PM
    Does the Playbook video store still work? Has anyone successfully purchased anything recently?

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't buy anything at the Video Store until someone can verify that it is working. I bought a 99 cent movie but could not download it successfully. My download was cancelled because I tried more than 5 times and they said I would have to buy it again. There is no way to contact them for support. I finally put a block on my credit card for the payment.
    05-04-14 04:13 PM
    You could always save yourself some money and sideload the ShowBox app and download or watch a bunch of flicks, including recent releases, for free (though not quite legally). See this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...movies-861591/
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-04-14 04:47 PM
    TWBTR the PlayBook is a fine tablet like sleeping bear has pointed out and I want to apologize to you for all the nonsense people here have been feeding you. I stand behind the PlayBook and it technology today and it is still the best running tablet on the market. The real problem is that BlackBerry doesn't back its tablet and instead of releasing updates and moving forward they bring in some clown of a CEO to push the companies stock to single digits and completely lies about supporting the PlayBook.
    05-04-14 07:05 PM
    "Best tablet on the market"

LOL thanks for that madman, I haven't had a good laugh all day!

Sent from my Death Note
    madman0141 likes this.
    05-04-14 07:15 PM
    Its been pretty interesting getting used to using the tablet. It reminds me alot of how my Z10 was on 10.0, tons of potential that just needs to be refined. Blackberry was definitely onto something with the playbook OS and im suprised how easy it has been to pick up and use coming from BB10. Love the battery life ( especially after using my Z10 for a year, might as well not be a wireless device if you are using any kind of media), speakers are fantastic, and its much easier looking at .pdf's on this thing. Overall Im very happy with my $30 purchase lol. Only thing Im missing is some access to movies and Id be like a kid in a candy store, looks like sideloading is going to be my best bet in that regard. But thatll have to be a project for next weekend...
    05-04-14 07:38 PM
    I still find my two Playbooks useful.

The Video Store (at least the one serving the U.S.) has been unreliable of late (at least in my experience).

In the past, I've successfully downloaded many of that store's $0.99 specials. However, this weekend, three such downloads have repeatedly failed. Maybe, the downloads will eventually work, maybe not. At worst, I'll be out $2.97--if I can't or won't successfully pursue reimbursement. No big deal, especially in light of my previous purchases.

However, I'd be annoyed if I were paying ten dollars and up for purchase downloads (or 4.99 or so for rentals), having download problems, then having to deal with the Video Store for reimbursement.
    05-04-14 07:39 PM
    Use it for posting to Crackberry. You could also use it as a PDF reader. Load it up with some books or magazines because the battery is decent. You could throw on a TV series. Small amounts of media are delightful on a road trip. The rapid magnetic charger helps charge the PlayBook a heck of a lot faster than micro USB too.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 02:19 AM
    Welcome to playbook!
    05-05-14 06:30 PM
35 12