Oh my god OP, I'm so sorry for the other people on this forum getting into a moral debate over this. Thank you for spending your precious time for even considering developing for this platform, in return for a Playbook. Congratulations on your gift, and I hope you come to a conclusion on whether you want to sell or keep your hard earned personal property.

Have you ever used the Playbook? I'd suggest trying out a demo or opening it up and testing it out if you haven't. There are different needs for everyone, and different tablets for everyone but personal experience will really tell you if it's a good fit.

Best of luck with your decision!
    04-07-12 02:40 PM
    With 2.0 it does have some better abilities with the new native email and such. It also has the android player baked in. Granted that was in the betas too. I would atleast use it for a week or so and then if not satisfied go ahead and sell it. You cant really "lose" any money selling it as new or used for your case anyway. Good luck either way and it does suck about the bugs with the flash builder. That has to be beyond frustrating.
    04-07-12 02:55 PM
    I think the OP should buy a couple of dozen more PlayBooks and give them away to the homeless.
    04-07-12 03:11 PM
    So are there any avid readers out there who use the PlayBook exclusively for their reading needs? The 7" form factor is great for portability and I personally do like the UI. I have been toying with the idea of getting an e-ink reader (Kindle) for my reading needs as well, and I'm wondering if that would be better than using a PB.

I did visit mobileread forum and some other communities for more views, but I would like to hear it from PlayBook fans on CrackBerry.
    Hi Derwent

When I ordered my PB I wondered if I could offload my Kindle to a friend..... No chance!

The Kindle is the best e-Reader I have ever used (btw: my version is now called the Kindle Keyboard - I think it had a different name when I bought it)

The Kindle is the only e-Reader (or e-Reading app) that I can comfortably and easily read in sunlight, with or without sunglasses, and also in the dark (see below for explanation) - the e-ink is truly superb

Prior to acquiring the Kindle, I had previously tried:
    various Sony e-Readers (production dates: 2006-2010)
    various e-Reading apps on Palm, Phones, iPad, Laptops, Desktops

I have downloaded a load of e-books onto my PB (including ones I have created myself using mobicreator) - and I have great problems reading them in strong sunlight (too much glare) - and some eye-strain reading them in darkness (fyi: I have the Kindle Carry Case with the built-in lamp so the Kindle is fine for reading in the dark - eg whilst setting outside in the evening having a cigarette when staying in a non-smoking hotel!)

A couple of friends in the US have purchased the Kindle Fire - and seem to have the same problems in sunlight and darkness that I have with the PB

Borrowed a friend's iPad last year (prior to my PB purchase) and had the same sunlight/darkness issues, with the added problem that the iPad is too bulky & heavy for me to easily hold and read like a book

Also.... as I haven't sideloaded the Kindle App onto to my PB - I do not have access to my Kindle library (eg the books I have purchased from Amazon)

PB goes in my left hand jacket pocket - Kindle, keys and fags go in the right hand jacket pocket!

Suggest you borrow a friend's Kindle for a couple of weeks to try it out (took me a few days before I stopped noticing that I wasn't reading a book)

Hope this helps

Good luck

Alex
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 04-07-12 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo
    04-07-12 03:37 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD