I found one that is being sold locally, it's a 64 gb model with a neoprene case, wall charger, USB cable, HDMI cable, and Case-Mate HOLA; all for $240. Obviously I'm going to have a good look at it before i get it, being as it's so cheap, but overall is this a good deal? I've been reading up on features and I have a 9930 currently so I get all the tether capabilities as well.

Is there anything I should be on the look out for in terms of things that can go wrong with it that can be hidden?
    07-19-12 07:38 PM
    Ask the seller this maybe hehe.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...throom-736029/

Apologies if I've put you off
    07-19-12 08:03 PM
    That deal is OK. The only problem with buying used is you can't return it. I would buy a used one from a a big shop on ebay or something. Make sure they have a return policy in case something is wrong with it or you don't like it.

I got a used 64G for $180 shipped if that helps.
    07-19-12 08:04 PM
    I got mine used ..traded (even ) an old bathtub for it

It is in perfect condition.... 16g
    07-19-12 09:08 PM
    ive bought 2 used 32gb for 160. if it is in good shape thats a good deal. swipe it and reload 2.0 and its like new.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    07-19-12 09:12 PM
    I found one that is being sold locally, it's a 64 gb model with a neoprene case, wall charger, USB cable, HDMI cable, and Case-Mate HOLA; all for $240. Obviously I'm going to have a good look at it before i get it, being as it's so cheap, but overall is this a good deal? I've been reading up on features and I have a 9930 currently so I get all the tether capabilities as well.

Is there anything I should be on the look out for in terms of things that can go wrong with it that can be hidden?
    I've purchased a couple of used playbooks in the past.

Things to look at: that they actually give you the playbook charger(The folding blade charger) I've seen sellers that keep the playbook charger and give an ordinary blackberry handset charger. The major difference is that the playbook charger is 1.8A while the regular bb charger is 0.5-0.75A.

Other thing to have a look at is the screen. If its had a screen protector on or how well taken care of it was.

scratches on the body are ok. they can easily be hidden if you have a case. One of the playbook i bought had a dent on the corner... i never remember its there because the convertible case hides it.

a good idea would be to use an app that give you the recharg count of the device. (Battery Guru for example) that way you'll actually know how "used" it really was. One I purchased had a 48 recharge count. (That was back in September).

I've seen 64GB models sell for less on ebay. $200-$250 depending on how much demand was on the bidding and how well acccesorized the item was.

Considering the 64 model cost $300 brand new. I would go for anything that is less than $250, depending on condition.

the HDMI cable is a plus... they sell for $10-$20
    I dont know that case... "good" cases sell from $15-$25.

So if you wanted to purchase brand new.. on worse case scenario it would be $325-$345. Tax??

If its on a MINT condition, you'll be paying 70%-75% of its worth as brand new.
    Last edited by alekza; 07-19-12 at 09:21 PM.
    07-19-12 09:18 PM
    If you can inspect it, download Display Test and check for blown/stuck pixels.

I think the Free Compass app is gone to test the gps but it should work.

Make sure Volume Up/Down work. Press both at the same time and it will take a screen shot.

A slight to a bit less slight bulge on the back is normal. Make sure both speakers work and check with headphones (sometimes, after removing headphones it stays locked on headphone use - not totally unusual.

See if you can get wifi with a regular/holding signal.
    07-19-12 09:48 PM
    Last september I paid $500 about for a new 64 from Best Buy. So, $250 sounds good.
    07-19-12 11:00 PM
    seems like a pretty good deal, maybe just keep saving for when the blackforrest or 4g pbs come out later this year...good luck with your decision
    07-19-12 11:59 PM
    Make sure Volume Up/Down work. Press both at the same time and it will take a screen shot.
    In addition to the volume buttons, look at the power button. Can be recessed, flush, or raised. Difficult to use if recessed, though you don't have to turn it on/off often and it can be left in standby. HDMI cable can be bought through Amazon for a couple of dollars, not that great an incentive. A rapid charger/dock or BT keyboard would be better accessories. Depends on age/condition if good deal or not. Also, don't be too anxious. Be informed, you know about RIM's financial condition, it may not be supported, etc. Act like he is lucky you are taking it off his hands. Maybe you can get him down to $200 or so!
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 07-20-12 at 08:33 AM.
    07-20-12 08:27 AM
    for what its worth,

on ebay there is this 64GB selling for $210
    BlackBerry RIM Playbook 7" 64 GB Wi-Fi Dual-Core Black tablet with Accessories | eBay
    07-20-12 12:46 PM
    At one time and maybe stiill, wasn't new 64Gb Playbooks $249 ?

If so, its a no brainer. Buy new !
    07-20-12 12:49 PM
    I look ever day trying to find a killer deal on a playbook. I see broken ones selling for 75 to 90 bucks.
    I guess I should be ashamed of myself for wanting to seal one...... Oh I ment to say buy one for under 90 bucks.
    07-20-12 08:39 PM
    I got mine from an online store delivered to Tokyo for 290aud.

www.thinkofus.com.au

http://www.thinkofus.com.au/Blackber...4GB-p/6066.htm

The price seems to have gone up since.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-20-12 10:48 PM
    Old thread but I just picked up a used 32Gb playbook with box, manuals, cord for $50. Test drove it for a couple of days first, works great.

Christmas came early this year.
    12-19-12 11:13 AM
    Old thread but I just picked up a used 32Gb playbook with box, manuals, cord for $50. Test drove it for a couple of days first, works great.

Enjoy you new, old pb. Now stick it under your tree!
    12-19-12 01:00 PM

12-19-12 02:04 PM
    I just bought one that was returned, a 16g for 99 dollars, bought it for the bathroom, at this price how could I not!...the charger does not work, but I have another, and I will send the broken one back to RIM.
    12-19-12 02:05 PM
    Still 129 here in the UK for a new 64GB.
    12-19-12 04:42 PM
    Still 129 here in the UK for a new 64GB.
    My nephew asked me about my PlayBook this week & went to Currys to buy a 64Gb for 129. He's very happy with it as he also has a 9790 to bridge it to.

For the 64Gb at Currys they give you a free BB OEM leather case too. My nephew wasn't given one as he only saw the offer on a Curry's tv ad when arriving home after he bought it.

Make sure they give you the leather case if you are buying a 64Gb for 129.
    12-19-12 04:59 PM

Congrats on your great deal....enjoy!
    12-19-12 05:07 PM
    Did they sell him the android security thats useless for a playbook.......lol.......Currys sold my mate 2 last week..lol.
    12-19-12 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD