So I went into an Apple Store today to try the out the iPad 2 again (I have a Playbook, wanna satisfy myself I made the right choice)

I started playing with it and tried to switch between apps by swiping from the bottom bezel up.

It didn't work. Of course, it was an iPad 2.

I had forgotten how insanely GENIUS and AMAZING the gestures are on the Playbook for switching apps and for multitasking.

I have re-assured myself that buying the Playbook > iPad 2.

Cannot wait for more apps to come out. Just talked to a business development person from RIM and another from Polar Mobile at an Ernst & Young forum on digital media today and everything looks really promising re: apps!!
    prez87 and saristeg like this.
    04-21-11 11:51 PM
    You DID make the right choice. (and I hope for all our sakes, RIM polishes the OS nice and shiny very soon). The closest I'll come to owning an iPad is my trust little Touch. In fact between my wife and I, we have 4 of them. Love 'em. But will leave the iPads to the gotta-own-EVERYTHING-Apple crowd.
    04-22-11 12:03 AM
    I love love love the PB hardware and OS.. i'm going to be returning my PB tomorrow only due to the fact I already have an iPad2 and Galaxy Tab and the major lack of apps on PB as well as how SLOW the web browsing is on the PB is right now is the only reason it's going back. If I could browse as the same pace the iPad2 can, i'd keep it. However, i'll WAIT for more software updates that I hope address issues and i'll be sure to pick up another PB soon.
    04-22-11 12:14 AM
    I just love the gestures - those alone pretty much sold me on the device.

It turns a tablet from a toy into something that you could easily get work done. Now if only I had more apps to get the work done in :P I shall be patient...
    04-22-11 12:17 AM
    I have nothing against the ipad and was considering getting one but ultimately decided on the playbook. For me personally, I got sick of the same UI as my ipod touch and my 2 old iphones, if there was some changes I might might have considered it a little more.
    I'm the type of person that gets bored very fast of seeing the same thing day after day, that's why I liked BB so much, so many different themes to chose from that made it feel like a new device each time.

Again, personal opinion

To summarize, I'm very happy with my decision and will enjoy it even more with a few updates of the software
    04-22-11 12:18 AM
    I love love love the PB hardware and OS.. i'm going to be returning my PB tomorrow only due to the fact I already have an iPad2 and Galaxy Tab and the major lack of apps on PB as well as how SLOW the web browsing is on the PB is right now is the only reason it's going back. If I could browse as the same pace the iPad2 can, i'd keep it. However, i'll WAIT for more software updates that I hope address issues and i'll be sure to pick up another PB soon.
    I chuckle as I read your comment in my JUST updated Playbook's speedy browser with almost none of the isues of last build that I saw.

Thats a hint to update and give it a few minutes to impress you :P
    04-22-11 01:48 AM
    So I went into an Apple Store today to try the out the iPad 2 again (I have a Playbook, wanna satisfy myself I made the right choice)

I started playing with it and tried to switch between apps by swiping from the bottom bezel up.

It didn't work. Of course, it was an iPad 2.

I had forgotten how insanely GENIUS and AMAZING the gestures are on the Playbook for switching apps and for multitasking.

I have re-assured myself that buying the Playbook > iPad 2.

Cannot wait for more apps to come out. Just talked to a business development person from RIM and another from Polar Mobile at an Ernst & Young forum on digital media today and everything looks really promising re: apps!!
    Good to hear that the PB is more intuitive. Being a little harsh on ipad though. It just does things differently. The same debate can go in Mac's favor over windows. When I'm using windows, I constantly take the mouse pointer to the left corner to bring up expose for fast prog switiching. Going to the desktop becomes a pain in win.
    Its simply doing things differently.
    Can't wait to get my PB after reading your post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-11 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD