The playbook status bar said bridge was connected and the bluetooth status on my phone said connected, but the icons were all grayed out. I opened the playbook settings and reconnected to my phone manually, after which all the icons were still grayed out. I tapped on one of the icons because apparently the playbook will try to connect to the phone if it isn't already, and the operating system froze up. I had to hold down the power button to reboot. This is a first time for me. QNX has been bullet proof otherwise.

Anyone else have any issues with the OS yet?
    05-02-11 07:22 PM
    not really the os but i managed to crash atleast 2 bridge apps, need for speed (was drifting and restarting to intensly), and the browser. all of my snaggs are app related basically.
    05-02-11 07:38 PM
    Yea, I also managed to crash the video app because I converted an mkv video to avi and the converting apparently went badly and confused the video app. But it didn't hurt the OS at all.
    05-02-11 07:49 PM
    Havent crashed the OS at all. But bridge notifications keep crashing the browser when tethering. But it's really a good thing, because the only time I'm tethering is when I'm at work when I should be WORKING!!!
    05-02-11 08:08 PM
    I've tried everything i can think of to lock this sucker up without success. i can get the bridge to freeze up and misbehave, and i got a wicked strobe effect once, but so far nothing that wasn't solved with a swipe up from the bottom bezel and closing of the offending app.
    05-02-11 09:51 PM
    I tried to play a video and got an error message. I tried to restart and the whole thing locked up with the message turning off PlayBook showing. Device got very hot and would not shut off when holding power button. Called BB and was told to push volume up / down and power button at the same time. Mine has been working fine ever since.
    05-02-11 10:10 PM
    Mine froze up twice on 1690. Now on 1710 my browser just crashes haha I'm definitely looking forward to all the awesome stuff RIM has in store for us
    05-02-11 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD