Pretty cool news eh?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:33 AM
    My PlayBook, I still use it everyday, and it's becoming my No. 1 choice more and more for writing articles, news stories, that is, me being a journalist. I have a 2008 Acer Aspire, it's becoming second fiddle. With my PB is the dedicated Mini Keyboard with Case which a friend bought for me in Canada; with the BlackBerry mini keyboard, my PB is working great. Sometimes I use my Z10 for writing, internet search, but mostly my PB. I hope Mr. John Chen really still have some updates for it because I feel disappointed they have stopped supporting it. Email is the first reason I still use my PB, still no other Tablet brand in the market can beat it in this game. Plus, the battery still works great; I can still finish 3 or 4 articles on a single full charge. I read that Asus Transformer Book T100 has 10 to 11 of power. Seems tempting, if only email is as good as PB. Take care, guys!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 07:33 AM
    Wow... I hope that isn't just a form letter.

Really, I would be happy with just an update to the browser, and maybe bringing back email support to the bridge. I suppose it would be nice to be able to see image attachments to bbm messages as well.

Can't imagine there is much of a business case for keeping people on it, except for some goodwill for all those who stuck by them.
    11-17-14 04:25 PM
    I remember when the tech journalists first tested the Playbook, giving it a big minus for taking so long to boot.

Thing is though, it doesn't really have to reboot too often. It is very stable and built in a different way from Androids.

I still use mine every day. Email, browsing and the odd game. Video chat with my Blackberry-centered family, Internet Radio, Youtube and - believe it or not - Instagram. The Neutron Music player has such good sound on the Playbook I am willing to look past the awful interface.
    I have two Office apps that let's me edit documents on the go, and cloud storage access is SO much easier with a file manager...

And then there's the bridge and hdmi out. Not to mention bluetooth sync in my car... I could go on all night. Bottom line is; I find working on a stable, well built device much more productive than my Samsung Galaxy Note which freezes and overheats randomly. Even if the Playbook hardware is getting terribly slow...
    No wonder boot times matter in the Android world when a reboot is required on a daily basis to keep things from slowing to a halt.

Besides, my eight year old daughter has had a Playbook since she was five. Not a scratch on it. But the other day when she borrowed my Note it tipped over and the screen cracked. I am not sad though, it just proves a point I have tried to make for years; Blackberries are high quality products made for getting work done. They can take a punch and handle the workload. Androids are toys. I am sorry to say, but after trying three Android phones and four tablets I am getting the Playbook LTE to use on the go...

Sometimes the Q10 screen is a little bit too tiny. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    swadarshan likes this.
    11-19-14 08:08 PM
    I just can't use mine anymore after using a win tablet.
    11-19-14 08:15 PM
    I remember when the tech journalists first tested the Playbook, giving it a big minus for taking so long to boot.

Thing is though, it doesn't really have to reboot too often. It is very stable and built in a different way from Androids.

I still use mine every day. Email, browsing and the odd game. Video chat with my Blackberry-centered family, Internet Radio, Youtube and - believe it or not - Instagram. The Neutron Music player has such good sound on the Playbook I am willing to look past the awful interface.
    I have two Office apps that let's me edit documents on the go, and cloud storage access is SO much easier with a file manager...

And then there's the bridge and hdmi out. Not to mention bluetooth sync in my car... I could go on all night. Bottom line is; I find working on a stable, well built device much more productive than my Samsung Galaxy Note which freezes and overheats randomly. Even if the Playbook hardware is getting terribly slow...
    No wonder boot times matter in the Android world when a reboot is required on a daily basis to keep things from slowing to a halt.

Besides, my eight year old daughter has had a Playbook since she was five. Not a scratch on it. But the other day when she borrowed my Note it tipped over and the screen cracked. I am not sad though, it just proves a point I have tried to make for years; Blackberries are high quality products made for getting work done. They can take a punch and handle the workload. Androids are toys. I am sorry to say, but after trying three Android phones and four tablets I am getting the Playbook LTE to use on the go...

Sometimes the Q10 screen is a little bit too tiny. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    How are you accessing Cloud Storage? I am unable to connect using the BOX app on either blackberry or the android app, Files and Folders does not connect to the cloud either. I have found no easy way of connecting to the cloud.
    11-19-14 08:16 PM
    How are you accessing Cloud Storage? I am unable to connect using the BOX app on either blackberry or the android app, Files and Folders does not connect to the cloud either. I have found no easy way of connecting to the cloud.
    For Box access, the android app should work- at least later versions should. Otherwise, a better option is a recent version of X-Plore File Manager (I'm running 3.55.05). It will also allow you to access other cloud services- DropBox, SkyDrive and some others (but not Google Drive), and will allow you to stream media from the cloud and can access multiple Box accounts if needed. For access to Google Drive and other services (but not Box) you can use earlier versions of ES file Explorer. Both X-Plore and ES need to be sideloaded.
    X-Plore- http://107.150.58.162/Apk2Bar/bar/co...5.05.35505.bar
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    11-19-14 09:31 PM
    For Box access, the android app should work- at least later versions should. Otherwise, a better option is a recent version of X-Plore File Manager (I'm running 3.55.05). It will also allow you to access other cloud services- DropBox, SkyDrive and some others (but not Google Drive), and will allow you to stream media from the cloud and can access multiple Box accounts if needed. For access to Google Drive and other services (but not Box) you can use earlier versions of ES file Explorer. Both X-Plore and ES need to be sideloaded.
    X-Plore- http://107.150.58.162/Apk2Bar/bar/co...5.05.35505.bar
    I have tried both X-Plore and Box from android (from goodreader). No luck.
    11-19-14 10:26 PM
    I have tried both X-Plore and Box from android (from goodreader). No luck.
    Then I doubt that you tried the version that I linked to. It's from their apk to bar converter, not the general site.

So I Just Bought A Playbook In 2014-img_20140826.png

So I Just Bought A Playbook In 2014-img_20140827.png
    Last edited by pacoman03; 11-20-14 at 12:25 AM.
    11-19-14 11:07 PM
    I just bought a 32 GB Wi-Fi. I use it for couch surfing games news and just having a bigger screen than my 9930. You said you watched movies on your. What app(s) do you use for that? I would like to get the equivalent of DROID TV on my PB. Thanks T500J
    8530, 9330, 9930
    11-26-14 03:23 AM
35 12