Ok Blackberry Community......I need some advice. I have struggled with the decision for more than a few weeks now, and I finally pulled the trigger. Now first off, I did this because I am loving my Q10 so much that I have converted back to BB 100%. I had a Playbook back in 2011 when they first launched and I loved using the bridge feature with my Torch. Temptation to try other devices ultimately led me away from both.

Now that I am using the Q10, I find myself wanting to experience the bridge and productivity again. I am not a gamer, and very little social media guy. I use my devices for productivity, email, calendar, contacts, calculator, cloud storage, etc. I am looking forward to the bridge, hdmi, presentation mode capabilities.

All this said, what can I do to get the most out of this tablet? I have a Note Pro 12.2 but I rarely use it. I am either using my Berry or my laptop. So why not sell the Pro and get a HECK of a deal on a 4G LTE 32 gig playbook?

I would love to know who is using their Playbook as a BOSS right now in 2014. What are you doing and what should I do?
    11-08-14 09:41 PM
    No urge here to go back to a playbook. With Blend out there i can access my passport on any tablet (except a playbook). If blackberry decides down the road they want back in the tablet market I might consider it.

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    kbz1960 and SomeoneOrOther like this.
    11-08-14 09:44 PM
    I bought my PB last year and I pretty much run my business with it.I watch movies, use it for text pairing with my Q10, use it for emails, download books off the internet, I also want to buy a hdmi cable to connect it to my tv for movies streaming off the internet. i also have an ipad but I never use it. I actually let my 11 month old son play with it. as you can see a lot can be done with it. I am also planning to buy the 32G LTE version and use my 32G wifi as a back up.
    BigHulkDiesel likes this.
    11-08-14 10:29 PM
    I bought my PB last year and I pretty much run my business with it.I watch movies, use it for text pairing with my Q10, use it for emails, download books off the internet, I also want to buy a hdmi cable to connect it to my tv for movies streaming off the internet. i also have an ipad but I never use it. I actually let my 11 month old son play with it. as you can see a lot can be done with it. I am also planning to buy the 32G LTE version and use my 32G wifi as a back up.
    That's what I bought, the 32gig LTE version. Wish me luck.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 10:51 PM
    That's what I bought, the 32gig LTE version. Wish me luck.

Posted via CB10
    Enjoy! It's still a solid device, but without support i had to let it run its course!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-08-14 11:14 PM
    Hi guys. I have a question. I am planning to buy a playbook
    Can i send sms using the playbook via brdige?? I meant if i were to charge my maon device can i use the playbook interconnected to the z10? Thanks

Posted using my awesome Z10STL100-2. 22. PHL.
    11-08-14 11:33 PM
    No urge here to go back to a playbook. With Blend out there i can access my passport on any tablet (except a playbook). If blackberry decides down the road they want back in the tablet market I might consider it.

Exactly. If we think about the original concept of the PlayBook, it was a tool to extend your blackberry. Blend is the modern and improved method of doing this, albeit a software solution only. Personally I would keep the note pro. Buying 3 year old hardware that isn't officially supported anymore isn't a wise decision, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 11:38 PM
    honestly if you want to use it for productivity it will slow you down more IMO. The email experience is not as good as the hub and the business apps are not updated really. Your q10 can do presentations and HDMI. I applaud anyone who can be "productive" with a playbook these days. Cost is the only thing it really has over a newer tablet
    11-09-14 12:20 AM
    Yes you can text from your PB using the bridge. Which is awesome if you have your phone on low battery and put it to charge. Or if you are busy with your PB in hand and won't need to go grab your phone to respond. One other thing that I love is that I can answer my phone from my PB. Phone will go on loud speaker. It happens to me quite often cause I charge my Q10 in the kitchen and I answer from the couch in the living room no problem.

Posted via CB10
    swadarshan and mikegiganto like this.
    11-09-14 01:32 AM
    Good move OP! A PlayBook is an essential part of any BB enthusiasts lineup.

Was about to buy some all-in-one media player for my Surface RT. Then I realized I had already bought KalemSoft for my PlayBook. Long live ze the PlayerBook!

Posted with X10 via CB10
    11-09-14 02:32 AM
    honestly if you want to use it for productivity it will slow you down more IMO. The email experience is not as good as the hub and the business apps are not updated really. Your q10 can do presentations and HDMI. I applaud anyone who can be "productive" with a playbook these days. Cost is the only thing it really has over a newer tablet
    Actually, the presenter mode when doing work presentations is still more "productive" than any other tablet.

I mean in general I agree with your post, but I'm loathe to give that element up.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Banco; 11-09-14 at 05:24 AM.
    11-09-14 04:15 AM
    I Still love my BlackBerry Playbook.
    It's still being used every day. Other than being a tad slower than my Nexus 7, I still love the gestures and the true multitasking features.
    No other tab handles multitasking like the Playbook in my opinion.
    11-09-14 04:45 AM
    typing on my Playbook now. Plus I purchased a "spare" in case this one dies, I like it so much.
    If you get a chance to get the paired keyboard (no longer made) go for it. While the touch keyboard isn't bad, the paired one takes the Playbook to a whole new level.
    Also get the rapid charger. Mine is in the bedroom and this is also my clock and alarm.
    TOphotog likes this.
    11-09-14 05:20 AM
    I have 2 playbooks. they make great paper weights.

Since Blend and the Passport were introduced, haven't touch the PB since.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-09-14 06:57 AM
    I have 2 playbooks. they make great paper weights.

Since Blend and the Passport were introduced, haven't touch the PB since.
    I'll take your paperweight and put it to good use.
    swadarshan and TOphotog like this.
    11-09-14 10:45 AM
    Yes you can text from your PB using the bridge. Which is awesome if you have your phone on low battery and put it to charge. Or if you are busy with your PB in hand and won't need to go grab your phone to respond. One other thing that I love is that I can answer my phone from my PB. Phone will go on loud speaker. It happens to me quite often cause I charge my Q10 in the kitchen and I answer from the couch in the living room no problem.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Haha thinking of grabbing a pb ASAP.

Posted using my awesome Z10STL100-2. 22. PHL.
    swadarshan likes this.
    11-09-14 10:53 AM
    I am using mine daily. Use the built in email app, some combination of the built in browser/fast browser, the taptu news aggtegator, gpodder for podcasts, and score mobile to keep track of games on college football Saturdays. I use animated weather for keeping track of the weather.

There are a handful of work related apps on there as well.

I use it less now that I have my z10 but still use it a lot.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Old_Mil; 11-09-14 at 02:22 PM.
    11-09-14 02:07 PM
    I use mine daily and find no limitations. In fact, I finally stored my netbook and a laptop. Still have 1 laptop that is active that I turn on maybe 1x per every couple of weeks. I use it for everything from entertainment to business

As for getting another if BB came out with 1, it would depend. I like the security and lack of all the crap in Android and Windows but, it needs to have as good hardware then current as this one did in 2011.
    11-09-14 04:08 PM
    I use PB daily, and was beginning to think I was the only one. It is basically my news reader at this point, with some light web browsing. My set up is:
    - Various news apps for sites I visit. Had to side-load the Android version of the National Post app, and it works fine, albeit a tad slow on that one app.
    - Taptu, Appy Geek, News Republic, and a few others still work very well.
    - A few games: nothing major (final gave up on Colour Quest at level 61), but it's good here and there.
    - Light browsing (Origami mostly)
    - I still take pics and video on it occasionally
    - Email for me is great as my work uses exchange and it works flawlessly.
    - As a general document viewer (pdf, xls) it is still great

One really useful thing I've found is it is great in the kitchen. Since it is now old, I don't mind getting it a bit dirty here and there so displaying a recipe near the stove is still very handy.

I like how using the bridge to get on the Internet through my phone is so seamless. I wish the bridge still did email and calendar like with the old BB 7 phones, but it still comes in handy when responding to texts or BBM's when phone is charging somewhere else. Video Chat has come in handy a few times (from Playbook to a Z10) but it is a bit finicky.

I have several tablets: an Ipad Air, Android tablet, and recently got rid of a Dell Venue Pro 8 (kind of miss it really, but Windows tabs still use desktop mode a lot and I just could not see anything on that 8" screen), and my PB still gets more use than any of the others. I'd have thought I'd use the iPad more, but I just manage to get stuff done on the PB so it does the job.

Would definitely not buy one today of course - really not sure what tablet I would buy today if any - but if you've got one there is still a lot it can do.
    BigHulkDiesel and dmlis like this.
    11-14-14 11:11 AM
    Sadly, since buying the PB about a year ago (mostly because I was so fond of the Z10, and wanted to kind of extend the experience to the PB via Link), I've found the PB less and less useful for efficiency and even general entertainment.

Would gladly recycle this guy if RIM came out with another tablet. And resisting the urge to buy an iPad.
    11-16-14 04:10 PM
    I used my Playbook to watch movies on plane trips. Nice size and screen quality for that. It held a lot of movies and TV series.
    11-16-14 04:24 PM
    I still find the PlayBook very useful, and just received an email tonight from BlackBerry themselves, stating that their developers are still working on updates for it. Hopefully something very promising is in the works for an update to it. The PlayBook is a unique tablet, with a unique experience. I hope the company does the right thing now that John Chen is in power.

Here's hoping we get a good update to the PlayBook!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 05:44 PM
    Really? They are still working on updates? I thought they stopped supporting it?
    11-16-14 07:54 PM
    Here's my email I got tonight....

Hello,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support.

I appreciate your response.

Regarding updates, our developers are still working on the updates regarding BlackBerry PlayBook Operating System.

Once update is available, we will definitely inform all BlackBerry users.

I would like to thank you for the feed back and I will forward it to our developers.

If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

BlackBerry Technical Support
    BlackBerry
    Tel:
    �NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    �UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    �Europe: +44 1753 558400
    �Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: www.blackberry.com

Are you ready for BlackBerry 10?
    www.blackberry.com/BlackBerry-10

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 08:55 PM
    I have recently ordered a 4G LTE 32gb PlayBook, and that is great news that they are working on an update for it. I made up my mind to never get another tablet, and, frankly not interested in no other tablet but a PlayBook. Great news to hear!!!!! :-)

Posted via CB10
    swadarshan likes this.
    11-17-14 06:29 AM
35 12