Unboxed the thing and jumped right into the setup. After the Wifi and BB ID part, it did an automatic update software check and found OS 1.0.8.6067 was available, then automatically proceeded to download, however it failed and only option then was to reboot. So reboot......then it says the automatic update failed, would you like to retry now OR turn off and retry later. So I retry now of course.........failed again about 40 or 50%.....and so it goes. I am on my 5th retry now, and basically it would not allow be to boot with the shipped OS, just keeps forcing me to retry the new OS download! GRRR!!!

Sorry about the pic if its a little dark.

Any help would me most welcomed!

Sigh!
    01-25-12 08:32 PM
    Check your wifi again.
    jafobabe and TTBGF like this.
    01-25-12 08:34 PM
    You can try a full restore using the Blackberry Desktop Software. Shut down your PB completely (hold power button until it turns off). Connect your PB to your desktop via USB, it will say it can't connect, ignore this and select restore. It should take a few minutes to restore to factory defaults. After that start your PB and you will have a whole new configuration.
    01-25-12 08:39 PM
    Hey OP!
    Read the Sticky for Tips, Tricks and Fixes for the Playbook..
    Click on my link below my signature.
    TTBGF likes this.
    01-25-12 08:44 PM
    Since it shows that it was unable to download the update, I would still see if your wifi is working correctly. It didn't say that it failed to install it, it said that it couldn't download the file.
    01-25-12 08:45 PM
    WOW!!!

MANY thanks for all the (SUPER QUICK) advice.....gonna try with the basics first.....check wi-fi etc....will keep you posted.
    01-25-12 08:47 PM
    PB community RULES!
    01-25-12 08:49 PM
    Happend to me twice on the third it worked
    TTBGF likes this.
    01-25-12 08:57 PM
    Just look for a more reliable WiFi connection, it happened to me too first time but ultimately worked when I moved to a better connection.
    TTBGF likes this.
    01-25-12 08:59 PM
    Hey OP!
    Read the Sticky for Tips, Tricks and Fixes for the Playbook..
    Click on my link below my signature.
    such an annoying answer. why do you always do this? the thread is already a stickie and it really isnt that helpful.

stop schilling it
    01-25-12 09:12 PM
    WOW!!!

MANY thanks for all the (SUPER QUICK) advice.....gonna try with the basics first.....check wi-fi etc....will keep you posted.
    01-25-12 09:17 PM
    OK MY PB GURU BUDDIES!! I had a Homer Simpson moment there...WiFi was the issue (somewhat). Actually, I noticed my laptop kept losing the default GW for the WiFi network ever so often, so I turned off the wifi on the laptop and noticed the progress bar start to move. I left the laptop off and let Mr. PB do his thing........VOILA!! download completed. Not sure why these 2 devices were clashing, but I rebooted my Wireless router and both Laptop and PB seem to be co-existing peacefully thus far.

Again, I really appreciate it guys........really

And now.......OFF TO PLAYBOOK WONDERLAND!!!!!
    blue-b likes this.
    01-25-12 09:23 PM
    this seems like it is probably a problem with your wi-fi but I suppose it could be th ewi-fi radio in your playbook
    01-25-12 09:25 PM
    Yay to the OP!! Well done.
    01-25-12 09:31 PM
    this seems like it is probably a problem with your wi-fi but I suppose it could be th ewi-fi radio in your playbook

GOOD GRIEF!! Quit scaring me man!!

Well let's hope it was my wi-fi, beacuse the latter would be a sure bummer!

So far, since the router reboot, laptop, phone and pb are living happily (ever after).
    01-25-12 09:31 PM
    glad you got it working. Enjoy!
    TTBGF likes this.
    01-25-12 09:34 PM
    McDonald's, Starbucks or other wifi as an option.

Single family detached or apartment where someone may be intruding on your channel for the router?
    TTBGF likes this.
    01-25-12 09:36 PM
    See! I KNEW it!
    01-25-12 09:40 PM
    McDonald's, Starbucks or other wifi as an option.

Single family detached or apartment where someone may be intruding on your channel for the router?
    Maybe you're right......I had disabled the security just to get the PB on and up and running, security is back on now and it's all good thus far.

Thanks!
    01-25-12 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD