09-11-12 04:22 PM
42 12
tools
    i am user friendly with my BB PlayBook from last 1 year. now excited to see BB10 in indian market. pls guys provide me specifications'hardware of BB10.
    09-10-12 04:10 AM
    I've had my Playbook for a year now and I still use it every day. I'm looking forward to BB10 but if it never gets here, I'm fine with that too. I did my homework and then bought the right device for me. Hoping RIM pulls it together and makes this the tablet that can get the job done (whether it be work or play ) for more people.
    09-10-12 11:39 AM
    Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Some things on PC OS2 feel so primitive. So I'm puzzled that other tablets are not so much better. Affirms me in my desicion to try the PB and not waste tons of money on Golden Cages.

Ray
    09-10-12 11:51 AM
    I want to be excited for bb10, but I'm not. The PlayBook pre-release hype and then launch disapointment made it to where I don't get excited for what RIM is going to do anymore.

I will just wait and see what they actually release instead of getting my hopes up for nothing again.
    09-10-12 01:20 PM
    I don't care what no one says. BB10 will be awesome! I'm super pumped to see what Alec Saunders has in store for us in Dev Jam Americas.
    09-10-12 06:49 PM
    I want to be excited for bb10, but I'm not. The PlayBook pre-release hype and then launch disapointment made it to where I don't get excited for what RIM is going to do anymore.

I will just wait and see what they actually release instead of getting my hopes up for nothing again.
    The hype is coming from features that are actually demonstrated, like peek and flow. They're also releasing info that they're working on the right stuff - like the slow as balls boot up process. PBOS is already better than everything else out there, except possibly in some fringe use cases where customising Android works better. There's a good reason to be hyped.
    09-10-12 07:10 PM
    I'm excited for BB10 only because I know my PB will be getting the OS update. I just hope we'll get to see apps like netflix, hulu, skype, & instagram make their way to BB10. Seems like a lot of people love those apps & without those key apps the BB10 will fizzle fo shizzle. BB10 needs more than die hard blackberrians to make it a success. They need consumers thinking they can't live without it.
    09-10-12 07:30 PM
    I've had my PlayBook since May 2011. It is like wine... it has gotten better as it has gotten older. It's like a completely different device now, almost a year and a half after launch, on OS 2.1 beta.

I have the retina Mac Book pro, and I have to say, the PlayBook feels just as capable, in terms of web browsing, and even the speakers! The speakers on the PlayBook are seriously almost as good as the speakers on that $2,000+ laptop. It's unbelievable, really. And I've found myself using the PlayBook to respond to emails more frequently than on my 9900. I really can't wait for RIM to let us text message from our PlayBooks when they're bridged to our BlackBerrys. It would really be a pretty cool selling point for RIM to advertise too.
    09-10-12 08:51 PM
    I've had my PlayBook since May 2011. It is like wine... it has gotten better as it has gotten older. It's like a completely different device now, almost a year and a half after launch, on OS 2.1 beta.

I have the retina Mac Book pro, and I have to say, the PlayBook feels just as capable, in terms of web browsing, and even the speakers! The speakers on the PlayBook are seriously almost as good as the speakers on that $2,000+ laptop. It's unbelievable, really. And I've found myself using the PlayBook to respond to emails more frequently than on my 9900. I really can't wait for RIM to let us text message from our PlayBooks when they're bridged to our BlackBerrys. It would really be a pretty cool selling point for RIM to advertise too.
    +1 for playbook speakers!!
    09-10-12 09:29 PM
    I'm excited for BB10 only because I know my PB will be getting the OS update. I just hope we'll get to see apps like netflix, hulu, skype, & instagram make their way to BB10. Seems like a lot of people love those apps & without those key apps the BB10 will fizzle fo shizzle. BB10 needs more than die hard blackberrians to make it a success. They need consumers thinking they can't live without it.
    It won't fizzle. Skype, for instance, is useful to some people, but others would much rather have SIP support built into the OS (myself for instance, although the absence of it won't be a deal breaker). Netflix is rather pointless on a small screen, although would be nice on the PB. Hulu... only for Americans, BB is big in Canada. Instagram... would matter more if BBs had good cameras, and even then, there's another program that can duplicate functionality.
    09-10-12 11:01 PM
    Does anyone know if bb10 is rumoured to support silverlight? That appears to be the missing link in the netflix, sky etc gap
    09-11-12 02:45 AM
    No offence but I bet you regret selling the Playbook. I was the fIrst to buy a PB64GB in my area. Nothing beats it as a partner to my BB phones or as a stand alone device. Looking forward to release 4G version in Australia.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-11-12 04:26 AM
    I'm excited about BB10 because according to RIM, it will be an improvement over what OS7 could do. With communication as its focus as well.

Frankly what I miss most when I'm on my other devices (iPhone 4, lumia 800, galaxy note/S3) is the unified inbox. How everything is in one location and I can just glance through everything and only read the important ones, and "mark as read" the others. I can keep track of everything, from everywhere, at 1 single location. Also no matter where I am, no matter typing along on tapatalk or web browsing, I can just hold the menu button and jump quickly into it.

With BB10, its always just a swipe away. Which honestly makes it even easier.

Media capabilities, games, and apps are just icing on the cake.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    09-11-12 04:58 AM
    Instagram... would matter more if BBs had good cameras, and even then, there's another program that can duplicate functionality.
    How high does the quality level have to be before you make a pic look like on old Polaroid image? There's nothing wrong with BB cameras. And RIM doesn't even have to fake their results to show a good camera...

Please point out the bad pics:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-world-638430/

Even close-ups on text, which is a known shortcoming of EDoF, looks good.
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 09-11-12 at 11:49 AM.
    09-11-12 11:46 AM
    It might be hard not to read positive views about a BlackBerry product on a BlackBerry fan site....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Oddly, it's often hard to find a positive view that doesn't get pounced on by haters. This guy must be great fun at parties,too.

"It's a beautiful day, isn't it?"
    "Don't get all hyped up, It's gonna end in darkness..."

peter9477 and Bungalow_Bill like this.
    09-11-12 11:53 AM
    I paid 100 more for my 64gb pb than they now cost but a few weeks later. I bought itafter reading (and foolishly believing) the hype spouted on here.

Oh yes the new update's due any minute, yes RIM are sinking but have faith koolaidkoolaid koolaid etc

I'm running the beta OS as its the most stable and functional variant, nothing RIM are doing inspires hope for the future for the business. Be it pb or otherwise.

Whats more how the can RIM justify the frankly perverse prices for apps? 20 for an app?!? Whats up with that???

I'm fed up with reading fanboy hype, its time RIM got real, engaged their userbase and pulled their finger out of their arses!

Calm down. It can't be that bad. I understand you're pizzed but for real calm down.
    09-11-12 04:06 PM
    How high does the quality level have to be before you make a pic look like on old Polaroid image? There's nothing wrong with BB cameras. And RIM doesn't even have to fake their results to show a good camera...

Please point out the bad pics:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-world-638430/

Even close-ups on text, which is a known shortcoming of EDoF, looks good.
    Nokia didn't have to fake anything either, that was a poor call by the advertising company they hired. Independent tests have shown the Lumia 920 blowing every other camera away.
    09-11-12 04:22 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD