I am those who like to experience new gadgets. I had a Playbook 64GB WIFI for about 6 months before selling it for a Samsung Galaxy S3 and within a month, sold it again and got myself now a Nexus 7.

My experience shows that the Playbook and its OS is really an awesome OS which is far better than ALL OS out there including Android Jelly Bean. People just aren't aware how good the interface is on the Playbook. Switching application is really intuitive and its a serious multi-tasking device.

The Nexus 7 is a great device but I felt its not as good as Playbook. Switching app requires you to press and hold the "Recent App" menu, then select the app you want but it gets confused whether an APP is running in the background or you are opening an APP. Closing an APP isn't as simple also as you either press back multiple times or you go to App manager to close it unlike Playbook where you use the gesture to close it (did Windows 8 copy Playbook on this?)

I admit the drawback is in the application support but if you play games, there are relatively enough games out there to keep you busy but still, I do understand that some people want more games and applications on AppWorld which I am sure one day, developers will start thinking about the Blackberry platform more.

Rebooting on the Playbook and BB phone is really slow, and its surprises me how fast the booting is on the Samsung S3 or the Nexus 7. I read an article on Crackberry saying that the BB10 is going to fix this issue and focus booting within 30 seconds.

I am still holding my BOLD 9900 and I look forward getting the new BB10 phone, in which I might sell my Nexus 7 and get a new Playbook.

- Charles
    09-08-12 11:52 PM
    As am I. My first smartphone was a Storm 2 on Verizon. Yeah the device was a disappointment but I made it work. I've been using an Android since early 2011 and have been missing the look and feel of a BlackBerry ever since. I started researching where RIM is going with BB10 and ordered a 64GB PlayBook straight from BlackBerry. I immediately fell in love with my new tablet and I can't keep my hands off of it. I am beyond pumped for the "flow" of QNX and plan to have a flagship BB10 device in my hand on launch day.
    bb624, Dan Donahue#WN and jon3578 like this.
    09-09-12 12:10 AM
    Love the UI and multi tasking of thd PB. And i love my 9360. BB all the way for me. Stoked for BB 10.
    09-09-12 01:25 AM
    I never and I mean never leave my house without my torch 9850, nor my 64GB PlayBook. Everything I need as far as work, school, and play is easily done on one or the other. I am all about choices. People choose a phone or tablet for many different reasons, and for me BlackBerry has been and will continue to be my weapon of choice. From everything I've seen and read, BlackBerry 10 will not disappoint and in fact will be a home run. Needless to say I am anxiously awaiting its release. At launch I will be one of the first people in line. Go RIM!
    09-09-12 01:38 AM
    Really? Stoked? Pumped? Or paid to spout such gushings?

Lay off the koolaid boys, BB10 will be full of bugs with no hope of regular updates or communications from your gracious benefactors.

If they can't fix the present what hope do they have for the future!?!
    brianatbb likes this.
    09-09-12 03:59 AM
    with respect to the above post all of the tablet OSes have had bugs. Before moving to a BB playbook I was actively involved in the development of ROMs for Arnova Android tablets on another forum - notably using the 4.0.3/4 ASOP toolkits. Needless to say stock roms are often limited, and rooting allows for development, but also more bug discovery than a roach motel. Similar for IOS (which is the most restrictive of the 3 formats imo).

I remain a BB newbie, but whilst Google & Apple have effective press machines, capital investment, and strategies for acquisition, RIM have simply made a damn good product - which has been overlooked or slammed by haters. Yes 2.1 has been continuously delayed, yes their communications aren't great; yes we don't have a specific timescale on BB10 - and it will have bugs - but to be honest i'm prepared to wait for quality.

Just my 2p
    09-09-12 04:41 AM
    I always say "you can't rush quality."
    09-09-12 05:20 AM
    If BB10 comes out before RIM's stock hits the bottom it better be some Holy Grail of technology to turn things around.
    Then RIM needs to take all its money to buy off the media like apple.
    I hope BB10 kixs azz.
    brianatbb, Cracklen and BrownSupra like this.
    09-09-12 06:03 AM

Lay off the koolaid boys, BB10 will be full of bugs with no hope of regular updates or communications from your gracious benefactors.

Where can I get some of this paid-for-gushing cash? I have been doing it for free all these months. Damn....

Sent from.....the future.
    09-09-12 07:53 AM
    BB10 will be worth the wait. RIM will be around for a long time. I've used the ipad, don't like it, I've tested android tablets and I am not thrilled with them. The PlayBook is super cool and I've convinced other family members to buy playbooks and they are happy. It is each person's choice what they want, my family chooses BB.
    Cracklen likes this.
    09-09-12 10:27 AM
    I never and I mean never leave my house without my torch 9850, nor my 64GB PlayBook. Everything I need as far as work, school, and play is easily done on one or the other. I am all about choices. People choose a phone or tablet for many different reasons, and for me BlackBerry has been and will continue to be my weapon of choice. From everything I've seen and read, BlackBerry 10 will not disappoint and in fact will be a home run. Needless to say I am anxiously awaiting its release. At launch I will be one of the first people in line. Go RIM!
    Nice to see you are happy with your BB devices. A question, though. Just what have you read about BB10. I can find virtually nothing about what it will do for my PB, nor for how it (OS and hardware) will leapfrog android, apple and windows phones. What I do know is that RIM lacks the all-important ecosystem to support decent hardware and is painfully slow to address the inevitable bugs/limitations. Doesn't make me too optimistic about BB10 being able to do what it must.
    Last edited by brianatbb; 09-09-12 at 10:53 AM.
    09-09-12 10:48 AM

From what I've read, the easy cash is in spouting negativity...

How much you makin'?
    masqueofhastur and bb624 like this.
    09-09-12 11:43 AM
    When it comes to electronics, I have a simple test. I use it for a couple of months and then assess whether it was worth the expense. Bought the 64PB in March and have been completely satisfied with my purchase. Great value and the UI is fantastic.

In contrast, I can't say this about Apple products. I have made 4 purchases in my life time, including an iPhone 3, and each time I felt they weren't worth the money. Not that they were bad, just overpriced for what they do.

BB works for me and I too look forward to BB10. If they can build on the playbook platform and enhance functionality, then they will have a winner over time. Looking forward to NFC and the flow experience.
    bambinoitaliano and bb624 like this.
    09-09-12 11:55 AM
    [/b] ;7610764]When it comes to electronics, I have a simple test. I use it for a couple of months and then assess whether it was worth the expense. Bought the 64PB in March and have been completely satisfied with my purchase. Great value and the UI is fantastic.

In contrast, I can't say this about Apple products. I have made 4 purchases in my life time, including an iPhone 3, and each time I felt they weren't worth the money. Not that they were bad, just overpriced for what they do.

BB works for me and I too look forward to BB10. If they can build on the playbook platform and enhance functionality, then they will have a winner over time. Looking forward to NFC and the flow experience.
    Agreed a $900 dollar ianything is to much.
    09-09-12 12:40 PM
    It's really all about value, i.e. price to performance. Had I paid $500 for my PB, I would have been quite disappointed, because IMHO the PB is really not much more than an internet surfing tool with a fantastic bridge (saving me $15-30/mo) and a nice intuitive UI. Even prior to 2.0, it was fully worth the $200 I paid, and am truly amazed it is now selling for much less than that.

Looking back, had RIM been proactive rather than reactive to Apple and Android---in other words, had development on it started 6-12 months earlier---things would have been much different today.

While I am looking forward to BB10 on my PB, I am not holding my breath, as I suspect it's still a year away, and by then, much faster tablets with a microSD slot and a replaceable battery will be all the rage. If RIM is quick to release one of these running BB10, there may well be light at the end of the tunnel.
    Last edited by dugggggg; 09-09-12 at 01:12 PM.
    09-09-12 12:48 PM
    I don't see much of a future for the current Playbook. By the time it gets BB10 it will be ~2 years old and have specs much lower than BB10 phones.

I am cautiously optimistic about BB10 itself though. If it can deliver on all the promises, I can see it being at least somewhat successful.
    09-09-12 12:54 PM
    Really? ? Or paid to spout such gushings?

Really!!!! Do me a favor... could you post what stocks are going up at the end of the month so I can get a leg up...... you must have a great time machine.... Seeing as no one has actually used a finished BB10 device.... you are very honored.....bugs.. sure... all OS have them..... Jelly Bean comes to mind.... Remember when Apple's OS caused my IPad to have a 4 hour battery.... wait I must have been dreaming......Apple does not have bugs in their os.....Regular updates... HMMM.... have an Apple and Android.... Have had 3 whole updates to my Ipad and have never seen and Andoid update... Guess in your world... only the comepetition is allowed to get get "stoked and pumped"... by the way who pays you???????? Happy TROLLING... hope it pays well.......
    Last edited by dbmalloy; 09-09-12 at 01:03 PM.
    09-09-12 01:01 PM

Hmmm, Did someone pay you for your remarkably negative comments? I can catagorically state that in my opinion the combination of a 64 G Playbook and Bold 9900 can not be beat by any devices on the market. I do not have any complaints with OS 2.0, I expect 2.1 will see some improvements and BB 10 will be better again.

I will also state for the record that the only entity paying me is the Fire Department I work for.

Have a nice day.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    09-09-12 02:19 PM
    I paid �100 more for my 64gb pb than they now cost but a few weeks later. I bought itafter reading (and foolishly believing) the hype spouted on here.

Oh yes the new update's due any minute, yes RIM are sinking but have faith koolaidkoolaid koolaid etc

I'm running the beta OS as its the most stable and functional variant, nothing RIM are doing inspires hope for the future for the business. Be it pb or otherwise.

Whats more how the can RIM justify the frankly perverse prices for apps? �20 for an app?!? Whats up with that???

I'm fed up with reading fanboy hype, its time RIM got real, engaged their userbase and pulled their finger out of their arses!
    09-09-12 03:10 PM

I'm fed up with reading fanboy hype, its time RIM got real, engaged their user base and pulled their finger out of their arses!

It might be hard not to read positive views about a BlackBerry product on a BlackBerry fan site....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-09-12 03:23 PM
    I paid �100 more for my 64gb pb than they now cost but a few weeks later. I bought itafter reading (and foolishly believing) the hype spouted on here.

Oh yes the new update's due any minute, yes RIM are sinking but have faith koolaidkoolaid koolaid etc

I'm running the beta OS as its the most stable and functional variant, nothing RIM are doing inspires hope for the future for the business. Be it pb or otherwise.

Whats more how the can RIM justify the frankly perverse prices for apps? �20 for an app?!? Whats up with that???

I'm fed up with reading fanboy hype, its time RIM got real, engaged their userbase and pulled their finger out of their arses!
    This place is probably the last place I'd go for objective views on any mobile tech.
    09-09-12 05:08 PM

You failed as a consumer to buy a products that fits your needs. Don't blame crackberry.

The beta as the most stable is BS.

RIM doesn't set app prices.

Time to move along.
    09-09-12 05:59 PM
    Where can I get some of this paid-for-gushing cash? I have been doing it for free all these months. Damn....

Sent from.....the future.
    Well, all the iPhone fanbois get paid. Didn't you know?
    09-09-12 06:13 PM
    I also like to check out new devices. I have had my PB since launch and have always loved it. However, I could not resist the urge to get the nexus 7. The first few weeks i couldn't put it down but the novelty has worn off. I am back to my PB pretty much all the time.

I have big hopes for BB 10. My 9800 is screaming for for me to upgrade it. 10 can't come soon enough for me!
    09-09-12 06:16 PM
    I'm quite looking forward to BB10 as well. Overall, I like PBOS2 better than anything else I've got my hands on, but it does have some drawbacks. The slow boot up times have been mentioned, but the incredibly slow messages app is also a pain. It keeps having to refresh each time I load a new message. I eventually just stopped using it.

I'm hoping they're taking the extra few months to get BB10 really polished.
    09-09-12 09:52 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD