The Playbook is so close to a laptop replacement especially since i bridges it to my Bold. However the only thing that is holding it back from being a 100% replacement is the sheet to go app. How does it not have a search or find function. I use Excel to find specific items out of thousands of lines.

Does anybody have any kind of work around or know of any app that could search excel and make my laptop insignificant?
    01-07-12 06:10 PM
    Try using skydrive.live.com... It's a file storage site, but has web based online versions of MS office apps for free. Works fine on Playbook, I'm told.

HTH,
    B.
    Zetti likes this.
    01-07-12 06:17 PM
    Thanks. It works better than nothing. My file is so big though that it becokes pretty laggy. I cant believe they would leave this function out. Wonder if it will come with OS2..
    01-07-12 06:31 PM
    I understand that there will at least a Docs 2 Go upgrade that will make it comparable with the smartphone premium version. An Office suite was the #3 most wanted feature on the BB Beta Zone survey last September/October.
    Zetti likes this.
    01-07-12 06:44 PM
    A solid RDP app is the only thing holding me back
    01-07-12 06:56 PM
    "LapTop".....sooo thats whats over there in the corner
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-07-12 07:01 PM
    I need a good printing app,or be able to print to my brother wireless printer and my laptop is gone.
    Bob31464 likes this.
    01-07-12 07:02 PM
    One year ago this very week I used a couple of giftcards I had received for Christmas to buy a really nice bag for lugging my laptop around. It was kind of pricey, but since I'd be using it alot, I figured it was worth it. As it turns out, that bag got less than 5 months of use. My laptop hasn't left the house since the day I bought my PB. The only things I don't use the PB for is printing and the photoshop stuff I have to do from time to time

Kind a sux, it really is a nice bag.
    01-07-12 07:34 PM
    I need a good printing app,or be able to print to my brother wireless printer and my laptop is gone.
    I haven't tried this yet but what about Google Cloud print?
    Google - Cloud Print
    01-07-12 08:44 PM
    I haven't tried this yet but what about Google Cloud print?
    Google - Cloud Print
    Google Cloud printing works awesome. I have it sync'd to my PC at home and work and it's near flawless. Too bad I still have to rely on a Google App from my PB though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-12 11:05 PM
    To replace a laptop for me they need to implement USB storage so i can hook up my DSLR camera directly to it and pull pictures over. The PB fits so perfectly in my camera backpack. Needs email and more apps like google maps, email and netflix. Hopefully 2.0 will make this a reality.
    01-07-12 11:16 PM
    So how do I get a document to print to Cloud from my PB?
    01-07-12 11:36 PM
    i posted a thread callled you can print from playbook a while back whereci outlined how i set up wireless printing on my playbook. i can print from anywhere in the world with an internet connection to my printer in my office. works like a charm.
    01-08-12 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD