I accept that I run the risk of a Closed Thread but .....

Can enough negative publicity cause bbry to reverse course? Maybe we can induce them to release a modified bb10? A reincarnated Bridge? I think keeping pressure on bbry could have results. After all the massive Coke machine reversed course years ago. Even bbry seems to have reversed course and is issuing a new OS7 device.

I, too, hope CB and its denizens can appeal to bbry to release something that fixes things somewhat. I am as satisfied with the "We will continue to support PB" statement's vagueness, as I was with "bb10 will be coming soon to the pb". It says absolutely nothing. Browser stalled with no bookmark organization! No find on webpage! Newly crippled Bridge! Awful pdf reader! Sloppy file management!

Eh, it is too hot and this whole debacle has me hotter at the moment and my Acer W3 was defective so no new toy to play with!!!!

(and damn, I have a typo in the Subject!!!!!!!!!!)
    RobertM24, axllebeer and kbz1960 like this.
    07-01-13 11:00 AM
    I used this in another thread, but it seems so appropriate now

FF22 likes this.
    07-01-13 11:06 AM
    I can see your future...

LOL
    07-01-13 11:07 AM
    I accept that I run the risk of a Closed Thread but .....

Can enough negative publicity cause bbry to reverse course? Maybe we can induce them to release a modified bb10? A reincarnated Bridge? I think keeping pressure on bbry could have results. After all the massive Coke machine reversed course years ago. Even bbry seems to have reversed course and is issuing a new OS7 device.

I, too, hope CB and its denizens can appeal to bbry to release something that fixes things somewhat. I am as satisfied with the "We will continue to support PB" statement's vagueness, as I was with "bb10 will be coming soon to the pb". It says absolutely nothing. Browser stalled with no bookmark organization! No find on webpage! Newly crippled Bridge! Awful pdf reader! Sloppy file management!

Eh, it is too hot and this whole debacle has me hotter at the moment and my Acer W3 was defective so no new toy to play with!!!!

(and damn, I have a typo in the Subject!!!!!!!!!!)
    All depends of how dire the situation is for BB. If all things remains the same despite Q1 report and it's on course to the current roadmap. The negative publicity might cause the company to change it's mind. However if the Q1 result is truly reflecting the downward spiral of the company, pb and all the po customers are inconsequential at this point.
    Cynycl and FF22 like this.
    07-01-13 11:14 AM
    Can enough negative publicity cause bbry to reverse course?
    No. Thor feels foolish enough right now, reversing course would make him into an indecisive fool.

Maybe we can induce them to release a modified bb10?
    We'll be skiing in He!! long before that happens. Anything that involves PB development (at all) ain't happenin'

A reincarnated Bridge?
    That IMO is possible. Just re-build the existing 1526 OS with the old full-fat Bridge in place of the diet version. No development required, just involves running a re-build script and publishing on the servers.

Even bbry seems to have reversed course and is issuing a new OS7 device.
    I know. Apparently OS7 is gonna save BB (again!). Not sure whether to laugh or wonder if such a left-field idea might actually work.
    sad_old_man, mark37724 and FF22 like this.
    07-01-13 12:56 PM
    No. Thor feels foolish enough right now, reversing course would make him into an indecisive fool.

We'll be skiing in He!! long before that happens. Anything that involves PB development (at all) ain't happenin'

That IMO is possible. Just re-build the existing 1526 OS with the old full-fat Bridge in place of the diet version. No development required, just involves running a re-build script and publishing on the servers.

I know. Apparently OS7 is gonna save BB (again!). Not sure whether to laugh or wonder if such a left-field idea might actually work.
    I'll just laugh if it's ok with you!
    FF22, JeepBB and mark37724 like this.
    07-01-13 01:31 PM
    I'll just laugh if it's ok with you!
    I can help with that...
    sad_old_man, mark37724 and JeepBB like this.
    07-01-13 01:32 PM
    Do you like brandy?
    07-01-13 01:42 PM
    Do you like brandy?
    I did years ago when I was still a consumer of Alcohol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-01-13 01:45 PM
    Oh, I agree that it's laughable and I didn't wonder for long. It's such a wacky idea tho' that I did pause before giggling in case I'd missed some remarkably cunning aspect of the "we'll go back to OS7" plan.

Baldrick would be proud!

Actually, maybe Baldrick could be the next CEO?

I am so looking forward to the BB AGM on the 9th July... Thor is gonna be toast!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-01-13 01:46 PM
    Oh, I agree that it's laughable and I didn't wonder for long. It's such a wacky idea tho' that I did pause before giggling in case I'd missed some remarkably cunning aspect of the "we'll go back to OS7" plan.

Baldrick would be proud!

Actually, maybe Baldrick could be the next CEO?

I am so looking forward to the BB AGM on the 9th July... Thor is gonna be toast!
    Beware there bear! (hey that rhymes, does that mean I'm a poooet thingy).

Anyway I go drinking with Tony Robinson so leave him alone. He's also too intelligent to want to be the next CEO or them!

ps he likes red wine, in VAST amounts!
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-01-13 01:50 PM
    UNCLE!!!!!

(for the non-native speakers, the idiom (or whatever it is called:

https://www.google.com/search?q=what...ient=firefox-a )
    07-01-13 03:05 PM
    UNCLE!!!!!

Submarine?

Is this a guessing game or can anyone join in?
    07-01-13 03:10 PM
    Submarine?

Is this a guessing game or can anyone join in?
    Nothing will stop you from joining. Feel free.
    07-01-13 03:58 PM
    Ok I'm gone!
    07-01-13 04:17 PM
    UNCLE!!!!!

Look here... ----> Baldrick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saying "I have a cunning plan" to any Brit will raise a smile as they understand that what you are about to propose is likely to be an off the wall, hopelessly contrived, and impractical solution to a problem.

And this is why (sort of) sharing a common language but not sharing cultural references can be a disadvantage.

Mate of mine had the same problem whilst working in Australia... he understood all the words, but the context frequently went over his head.
    FF22, sad_old_man and mark37724 like this.
    07-01-13 04:27 PM

Saying "I have a cunning plan" to any Brit will raise a smile as they understand that what you are about to propose is likely to be an off the wall, hopelessly contrived, and impractical solution to a problem.

And this is why (sort of) sharing a common language but not sharing cultural references can be a disadvantage.

Mate of mine had the same problem whilst working in Australia... he understood all the words, but the context frequently went over his head.
    Everything seems to go over my head!
    07-03-13 07:57 AM

Just don't say that was a Cunning Stunt....

or Cee you next Tuesday...

oh.god...its come to this.......
    sad_old_man and mark37724 like this.
    07-03-13 08:25 AM
    Typical country weather ?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-03-13 08:30 AM
    Everything seems to go over my head!
    If you get off the floor, at least a few things would not be over your head.
    07-03-13 09:11 AM
    Typical country weather ?
    Two weeks baby, you've only got two weeks!
    07-03-13 09:27 AM
    BB CS tech told me 2 weeks ago that there will be updates to OS 2,1

As long as they update BB 2,xxx we are ok for maybe another 2 years and until the hardware is obsolete
    no more new apps to be expected anyway, as long files and folder, evernote, print to go, angry birds, docs to go work i am fine

1 gb Ram and a 1ghz chip will be obsolete soon, thats why we never got Skype, Netflix and a real web-browser without checkered boards
    07-03-13 10:03 AM
    BB CS tech told me 2 weeks ago that there will be updates to OS 2,1

As long as they update BB 2,xxx we are ok for maybe another 2 years and until the hardware is obsolete
    no more new apps to be expected anyway, as long files and folder, evernote, print to go, angry birds, docs to go work i am fine

1 gb Ram and a 1ghz chip will be obsolete soon, thats why we never got Skype, Netflix and a real web-browser without checkered boards
    Oh god not again. Can I come to the states now?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 11:03 AM
    You a funny guy F2
    07-03-13 11:12 AM
    You a funny guy F2
    What did I say (this time)????
    07-03-13 11:18 AM
33 12