And the iPad Mini is using ancient hardware.[/QUOTE]

while it may be using what is technically old software, the software works well for many people... apple's sales records are testament to that. the whole world dislikes RIM because of our 'ancient software'.... dont jump the gun just yet, Bb10 is not out...

i know in my mind bb10 will blow competition out of the water though

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-29-12 03:04 AM
    And the iPad Mini is using ancient hardware.
    while it may be using what is technically old software, the software works well for many people... apple's sales records are testament to that. the whole world dislikes RIM because of our 'ancient software'.... dont jump the gun just yet, Bb10 is not out...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you are referencing me, but you bring up several good points. ipad mini is not only running acient hardward but also software. What happen to innovation and pushing technology?

As for apples sales records I think its honestly sad and a sheepish comment to look to those as any validation as to what is good tech. I dont get why for some reason its okay to say "the software works well for many people" but if you've read these forums its never been okay to say that about RIM products. Again, don't know if you were referring to me just thought you brought up some good ponits.

As far as "the whole world dislikes RIM". This honestly has to be in my opinion one of the dumbest comments I've read. Not trying to be offensive but outside america RIM is growing. This should be common knowledge on these forums. Not sure you where you live but this should obvious.
    cutexoxo likes this.
    10-29-12 03:21 AM

Don't know if you are referencing me, but you bring up several good points. ipad mini is not only running acient hardward but also software. What happen to innovation and pushing technology?

As for apples sales records I think its honestly sad and a sheepish comment to look to those as any validation as to what is good tech. I dont get why for some reason its okay to say "the software works well for many people" but if you've read these forums its never been okay to say that about RIM products. Again, don't know if you were referring to me just thought you brought up some good ponits.

As far as "the whole world dislikes RIM". This honestly has to be in my opinion one of the dumbest comments I've read. Not trying to be offensive but outside america RIM is growing. This should be common knowledge on these forums. Not sure you where you live but this should obvious.[/QUOTE]

yes iw as quoting your comment, and i did not mean to cause offense but i am just talking about the mindless sh*t i hear from friends and people so often.. and thats apple apple apple... and that the device in my hands is ancient... which technically speaking, is... the only difference is that apples device can satisfy so many more people than the RIMS ancient device can.... that was my only point... therefore complaining about apples ancient device is futile... especially as we dont have a new device to boast just yet... well, not one in our hands at least!

the software works well is not validation of what is good tech... but clearly the software works well enough for millions to enjoy it, does it not?.. and yes it does p*ss me off that the same cannot be same for a RIM product, however bb10 can change that hopefully....

as for the dislike of RIM, yes it is growing... but i dont think it was a dumb comment... i live in the uk, and its here the market is saturated with android and apple devices, with my friends with blackberries complaining that RIM have lied to them about the 9900 being a good product... they are angry that they had to pay the same amount of money for a 9900 as the galaxy s3 and that infuriates them.... in comparison, as the l�man.. would u diagree with that? because i wouldnt...and thats what i mean.... dislike RIM is harsh.. maybe i shoudl re-word that to, wanting to move away from RIM and adopt another product.....

i didnt meant to cause offense, i am on ur side! but right now other companies dominate... that is a fact, regardless of how good or bad their software/hardware is.... this is why i cant wait for bb10... for a true innovative device to come to market...

10-29-12 03:41 AM

yes iw as quoting your comment, and i did not mean to cause offense but i am just talking about the mindless sh*t i hear from friends and people so often.. and thats apple apple apple... and that the device in my hands is ancient... which technically speaking, is... the only difference is that apples device can satisfy so many more people than the RIMS ancient device can.... that was my only point... therefore complaining about apples ancient device is futile... especially as we dont have a new device to boast just yet... well, not one in our hands at least!

the software works well is not validation of what is good tech... but clearly the software works well enough for millions to enjoy it, does it not?.. and yes it does p*ss me off that the same cannot be same for a RIM product, however bb10 can change that hopefully....

as for the dislike of RIM, yes it is growing... but i dont think it was a dumb comment... i live in the uk, and its here the market is saturated with android and apple devices, with my friends with blackberries complaining that RIM have lied to them about the 9900 being a good product... they are angry that they had to pay the same amount of money for a 9900 as the galaxy s3 and that infuriates them.... in comparison, as the l�man.. would u diagree with that? because i wouldnt...and thats what i mean.... dislike RIM is harsh.. maybe i shoudl re-word that to, wanting to move away from RIM and adopt another product.....

i didnt meant to cause offense, i am on ur side! but right now other companies dominate... that is a fact, regardless of how good or bad their software/hardware is.... this is why i cant wait for bb10... for a true innovative device to come to market...

Well both apples products and BB products currently on market are ancient. Thing is for the most part no one knows about BB7 in NA.
    You say apple devices can satify users more than RIM but I don't see it, aside from isntagram and a few games that are no longer popular, at least in NA. RIM devices right now are on par with the iphone. I'll say this, to me (so iphans dont get upset) RIM has a better communication device while iphone is better for games/media (although to me its become mostly useless now that I have a PB). I agree theres been growing anti-RIM sentiment mostly in NA, likely english-speaking countries but it seems RIM is growing outside these areas. But I think theres been growing anti-apple sentiment as well in NA. People tend to get bored with old products. RIM does have a new platform coming out. But I think we are on the same page thinking BB10 could change a lot of things. Even if perception hurts it in the mobile phone market inevitably I think it will grow, probably to the point where I'll cheer something else on.
    10-29-12 04:45 AM
    Wrong. Average consumers follow what's popular and on demand. This is called consumerist hype. Also, female consumers care about it just the same as about having a nice bag to display while walking on the street. No more, no less.
    +1. Most females are clueless when it comes to this stuff, yet they want to discard their archiac iphone 4s at the first chance as to not look like they have the spring 2012 prada collection on. No more than a fashion accesory.
    Wow this is low: making disparaging generalizations about half the population to "defend" your favorite brand of phone.
    Laura Knotek and Nicola like this.
    10-29-12 04:45 AM
    I love my torch 9800 & bold 9900. I have always believed that the device/platform that you use should fit your needs or requirements. I'm a business user and I can't believe rim is losing ground to Apple in the business arena. Blackberry is the most secure platform and the PlayBook is the only tablet to be certified by the US military. Add to that the fact that messaging/email is still fastest on a BB physical keyboard. My BB and PB are perfect partners for fast secure messaging and browsing. still, Apple & Android have bright colours right?
    10-29-12 05:31 AM
    Just tell them no the Mini can't do what the PlayBook can do.
    10-29-12 05:36 AM
    You say apple devices can satify users more than RIM but I don't see it, aside from isntagram and a few games that are no longer popular, at least in NA. RIM devices right now are on par with the iphone. I'll say this, to me (so iphans dont get upset) RIM has a better communication device while iphone is better for games/media (although to me its become mostly useless now that I have a PB). I agree theres been growing anti-RIM sentiment mostly in NA, likely english-speaking countries but it seems RIM is growing outside these areas. But I think theres been growing anti-apple sentiment as well in NA. People tend to get bored with old products. RIM does have a new platform coming out. But I think we are on the same page thinking BB10 could change a lot of things. Even if perception hurts it in the mobile phone market inevitably I think it will grow, probably to the point where I'll cheer something else on.
    Yes, I do not see it either, but it does unfortunately... people who i have told about bb10 dont wanna know.. its like the ignorance is rife... there is a device coming out soon that is going to be far superior, still they dont want to know...they dont want to watch a short youtube video just to check it out... and unfortunately thats the reputation that has become representative of RIM, and i cannot wait for that to change... the playbook does everything for me too.. from work to gaming, and let me add the gaming is amazing... on par with the competition right now... so bb10 has basically answered every question in my opinion.. aand thats with what we have seen already (this is all my opinion btw). they said however they are hiding things!! i dunno what they are going to unleash next! i bet will be amazing anyway...

back to my initial post...ios is ancient... but seems to be working for people... despite people like u and menot being able to see it.. it still does... and thats what i want to change with bb10... and i hope the world recognises bb10 when it is released (or at least eventually).. that way we will be able to truly call ios ancient... and have a far superior deivce in our hands (although having said that i already do with my playbook )

and yes there has been anti-apple sentiment.. and im glad people are starting to realise its getting boring now with a lack of innovation... its time for RIM to tke over, starting q1 of 2013.. and like you i also hope it gets to a point where i can cheer another os (or similar invention) on...
    10-29-12 05:51 AM
    Well both apples products and BB products currently on market are ancient. Thing is for the most part no one knows about BB7 in NA.
    Spec wise, can you tell me which RIM product is on par with the competition from Apple?

Certainly not the PlayBook or any OS7 device.
    10-29-12 08:05 AM
    Just tell them no the Mini can't do what the PlayBook can do.
    Well that would be lying to them, and they're going to be very disappointed when they buy a Playbook and find out it can't do what all their friends' iPads can do.
    anon(832122) likes this.
    10-29-12 09:05 AM
    people who i have told about bb10 dont wanna know.. its like the ignorance is rife... there is a device coming out soon that is going to be far superior, still they dont want to know...the playbook does everything for me too.. on par with the competition right now... so bb10 has basically answered every question in my opinion.. i dunno what they are going to unleash next! i bet will be amazing anyway...

back to my initial post...ios is ancient... but seems to be working for people...that way we will be able to truly call ios ancient... and have a far superior deivce in our hands (although having said that i already do with my playbook )

and yes there has been anti-apple sentiment.. and im glad people are starting to realise its getting boring now with a lack of innovation... its time for RIM to tke over, starting q1 of 2013.. and like you i also hope it gets to a point where i can cheer another os (or similar invention) on...

There's a whole lot of expectation, conjecture and assumptions on your part regarding BB10. We really don't know much about BB10 yet and already you're saying it's going to be 'far superior', and that whatever RIM comes out with next 'will be amazing'.

I can understand your excitement over BB10.. I look forward to checking it out as well, but RIM has a lot to prove to before it begins to look good in the eyes of the general public again, and it remains to be seen whether or not they can succeed in the new year with the new OS and new devices.

I am curious, what about iOS dissatisfies you? And what kind of innovation are you expecting Apple to make? There's only so much a tablet or phone can do, and at this point it just comes down to which apps and games are available. It's not like you can fly to the moon with your tablet or phone! Such an 'ancient OS' still seems to have plenty of appeal to millions of people, so I don't understand where you're coming from. Many blame Apple fans for succumbing to a 'reality distortion field' but are you sure you're not suffering from that in regards to your Playbook? Claiming it to be 'far superior' to Apple devices is a bit of a stretch, you have to admit. You seem to be confusing how things *are* with how you would *like things to be*, which isn't a bad thing, so long as you're not misleading others into believing what you do.

I want to believe in RIM as much as you do, but action speaks louder than words. Lack of innovation and lack of action is what led them to drop to 5th place in the mobile world.
    10-29-12 09:26 AM
    Spec wise, can you tell me which RIM product is on par with the competition from Apple?

Certainly not the PlayBook or any OS7 device.
    At the time of release yes they both were.
    10-29-12 09:26 AM
    I find it incredibly discouraging that such tech-less products as the Kindle Fire and iPad Mini are highly desired and sought after. I'm a tech-head and love the latest gadgets filled to overflowing with cutting edge technology and when the products that don't have cutting edge technology sell well, it distresses me that tech companies might back off of high tech.

The Kindle Fire can barely be called anything like a tablet. It doesn't even have haptic or GPS. And the iPad Mini is using ancient hardware.
    Can you elaborate on why the criteria to be considered a tablet is haptic and GPS? I have a wifi only tablet that I only use at home so the GPS is pointless for me and I can't stand haptic so I turn it off on my tablet.
    10-29-12 09:30 AM
    At the time of release yes they both were.
    His initial post was 'right now' not 'at the time of release'

Also, your response is wrong. No OS7 device was anywhere near the specs of the iPhone 4S. Certainly not in CPU, GPU, screen resolution, size, camera quality....etc.
    bp3dots and anon(4021844) like this.
    10-29-12 09:35 AM
    RIM devices right now are on par with the iphone. RIM has a better communication device while iphone is better for games/media (although to me its become mostly useless now that I have a PB).
    RIM devices are on par with the iPhone??? I'm no iFan, but even I know when someone's stretching the truth...

Both RIM and Apple make devices which allow you to communicate through voice, email, or IM. Only one company makes devices that offer better apps and games. Given the choice, what do you think most consumers will choose? You can trot out the 'better multitasking' or 'more secure' bit, but its clear people, governments, and corporations get by with what works good enough for them. That's increasingly iOS and Android.

Also, I can't for the life of me find any offering from RIM that is as powerful as Apple's iPhone 5 or the new 10" iPad. Perhaps you could assist me?
    10-29-12 09:43 AM
    Can you elaborate on why the criteria to be considered a tablet is haptic and GPS? I have a wifi only tablet that I only use at home so the GPS is pointless for me and I can't stand haptic so I turn it off on my tablet.
    There are some people out there who carry around checklists of every single feature the Playbook offers, and if any competitor falls short of any one of those features (even if most people have no use for it), it automatically makes Playbook better. They don't realize people tend to buy what is 'good enough' for their needs.

Or at least it seems that's the case, lol
    10-29-12 09:52 AM
    I had been contemplating getting the iPad mini, but after seeing what a miserable job Apple did on trying to produce a good 7" tablet, I'm just going to keep my PlayBook and wait for the BB10 update and some better apps, at least until Christmas. I might get a Kindle Fire HD as a new toy with my bonus. All I know is that if RIM could deliver GOOD, QUALITY, NATIVE Apps, the BB would rock so much more. I don't plan on changing my Android ICS phone for a BB10 phone, but I am hoping that RIM will get off the schnide and do something AWESOME for the PB.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    10-29-12 10:17 AM
    +1. Most females are clueless when it comes to this stuff, yet they want to discard their archiac iphone 4s at the first chance as to not look like they have the spring 2012 prada collection on. No more than a fashion accesory.
    Okay, as a female I can't let this one go. First I have 2 sisters and none of us has an iPhone. 2 Blackberry's and one Android. And we are the tech heads. Our hubbies can barely run their computers, playbooks or phones. We have to set up everything for them. I must have had to show my brother-in-law 4 times how to bridge his phone and playbook. And he still calls me once in awhile when he forgets how to set up the remote.
    10-29-12 10:26 AM
    The KF doesn't *even* have those two common features. It also doesn't have cameras or physical volume controls. There is only a single button on the KF - for power. When I wrote that post you quoted, I couldn't remember all the missing common features the KF lacks, but could remember those two. That's why I posted those two as examples. But the KF is much worse than that for lacking many of the common features of other tabs.
    10-29-12 10:29 AM
    Highly offended by this comment. I'm the one who knows how to get things done in my household. When the guys I know have a problem with one of their devices they come to me. Sounds like someone's "clueless" all right but I don't think it's the females in here. I think you might be surprised if you took the time to find out who's actually behind some of the user names in here. Shame on you!
    10-29-12 10:37 AM
    Way to win the the most-quoted prize.
    10-29-12 02:31 PM
    Well that would be lying to them, and they're going to be very disappointed when they buy a Playbook and find out it can't do what all their friends' iPads can do.
    QNX would pound iOS into the ground. There's no comparing the 2 OSs. The difference in the amount of tablet apps isn't that great. The PlayBook might be missing a couple of big name apps but in my opinion they are useless anyways.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    10-29-12 02:38 PM
    QNX would pound iOS into the ground. There's no comparing the 2 OSs. The difference in the amount of tablet apps isn't that great. The PlayBook might be missing a couple of big name apps but in my opinion they are useless anyways.
    As you can see, millions upon millions enjoy their iOS experience. You're right, there is no comparing the 2 OS's. But while you were talking about the strength of the OS, I was talking about what really matters.. the apps and games. When you look at really matters (to most people), it seems like people are doing without QNX just fine.

History has shown the best tech rarely, if ever, wins.
    Last edited by BennyX; 10-29-12 at 05:09 PM.
    10-29-12 04:37 PM
    Surely you meant to say most females that you associate with are clueless, and not most women in general? I mean.. there's a lot of women out there that are not clueless, you know?
    Last edited by BennyX; 10-29-12 at 05:30 PM.
    10-29-12 05:16 PM
    True, but they are household names due to marketing. You not going to know about something that's not brought to your attention.
    And therein lies my problem with BB, effectively non-existent marketing in the US. I see Ipads every day. I see commercials for Android Tablets every day. I can't remember the last time I have seen a BB advertisement.
    10-29-12 07:30 PM
56 123