I see a series of blogs or editorials or whatever they are called. Barely skimmed them but did not notice any reference to the Playbook.

So, was there any mention? There's been a few threads on the missing in action Mini-keyboard. Any signs of whether it is still an active product or is it as dead as the pb in Rim's vision? Yeah, BBRY but "rim" is easier to type.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE PB? Sorry, tired of everyone saying they have to concentrate on the phones. They can concentrate on phones but throw in a minor mention of the pb.
    Roodog46 and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    03-28-13 10:14 AM
    I see a series of blogs or editorials or whatever they are called. Barely skimmed them but did not notice any reference to the Playbook.

So, was there any mention? There's been a few threads on the missing in action Mini-keyboard. Any signs of whether it is still an active product or is it as dead as the pb in Rim's vision? Yeah, BBRY but "rim" is easier to type.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE PB? Sorry, tired of everyone saying they have to concentrate on the phones. They can concentrate on phones but throw in a minor mention of the pb.
    I noted this too. I thought they'd say something to address it. But all they gave were shipment numbers. No mention of inventory (is the inventory problem cleaned up? Do they have any more? Will they make more?). No mention of BlackBerry 10 coming to it. No mention of future plans? I even thought they'd make a disclosure on how they plan to report or that they were "sold out" of the WiFi model.

Nothing.
    03-28-13 10:23 AM
    Defo not sold.out, I guess BB are verylucky if they broke even per PB, usually sold at loss a company do not acknowledge such...just numbers which were 370,000.
    03-28-13 05:34 PM
    Amazing that a 2 year old tech device is still selling 370k units this quarter.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-28-13 05:37 PM
    I am guessing after summer at this point. Dont expect any news until May event either.
    03-28-13 05:40 PM

Thorsten has lost touch with the BlackBerry PlayBook users. In his mind the BlackBerry PlayBook is dead which means we'll never get BlackBerry Bridge back to full functionality on the tablet. The synergy of smartphone and tablet was unbeatable.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    FF22 and BB_Bmore like this.
    03-28-13 08:37 PM
    This was a financial report. The quarterly reports tend to focus on aggregate numbers and usually guidance on future profitability. There was guidance of sorts in that BB is expected to remain near the break-even point in the next quarter.

The only plans mentioned about devices centred around the phones where TH mentioned a mid-tier Z10 was planned for mid 2014 FY and a low end device some time later.

I suppose the press did not ask about the PlayBook or tablets in general and TH did not offer a mention. This does not mean there are no plans for the PB / successor tablet or that TH has lost interest in it.
    03-28-13 08:52 PM
    I told you, Thorsten doesn't use PlayBook... because if he does, with Z10 on the other hand, he knows what PlayBook is missing (minus the phone capability of Z10)...

Posted via Z10
    03-28-13 09:45 PM
    What's the point in another PB when there is so much competition and you are removing BIS, tethering to carrier is a rip off. High spec or low spec phones no BIS is NO BIS, Windows tablets will rule over PB.

BB needs a external CEO....its all old news that *think-this might work, drop our core asset* :rollseyes:
    03-28-13 09:46 PM
    I told you, Thorsten doesn't use PlayBook... because if he does, with Z10 on the other hand, he knows what PlayBook is missing (minus the phone capability of Z10)...

Posted via Z10
    I don't care whether Thorsten uses a BlackBerry PlayBook. I, and a lot of other people, use the tablet on a daily basis but we've basically had the rug pulled out from under our feet. When BlackBerry Bridge was fully functional the BlackBerry PlayBook was the perfect mobile office platform with the convenience of two devices (smartphone and tablet) ready to use as the situation warranted.
    FF22 and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    03-29-13 08:33 AM
    From what I have seen in interviews, I think BlackBerry has decided to leave the tablet market to the dominant brand and the PlayBook will concentrate on more specialized markets in the commercial realm.
    03-29-13 09:59 AM
    BB seems to have dropped corporate though robsteve, no BIS, security or compression so why concentrate on a touchscreen phone and qwerty when all the others are...what defines the difference? A OS? PMSL, what a sales and marketing dream "we are like the rest, just better" if you can't beat em join em palava rather than focus on your strengths.

Keep BIS, keep in mind most older users want a numerical keypad and noone else is really doing them, a updated Pearl 4G (frankly just get a new cover for 3G that is quality not cheap plastic and a easier 'normal' bright backlog keypad with spaces between the buttons, touch screen and BB10 hub on/off options & add 4G global frequencies).

We can't beat ipads, let's give up, we already offer BIS as a exclusive on non BB10 devices, let's drop that and let's be a sheep not a shepard. WTF? Thank the gods my portfolio has no RIM.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-29-13 10:17 AM
    There are still a lot of commercial customers that can use the security of the PlayBook, combined with bridging to a phone to get into the secure corporate networks using BES. For example, police, military,banking,insurance and etc. All the markets where security is important and where they already have BlackBerry phones and infrastructure.
    03-29-13 10:45 AM
    Amazing that a 2 year old tech device is still selling 370k units this quarter.

What don't you understand? Shipping and selling are two different things. I can have them ship me 100,000 and not sell one. All it means is 370,000 are sitting somewhere in someone's warehouse.
    03-29-13 11:50 AM
    BB seems to have dropped corporate though robsteve, no BIS, security or compression so why concentrate on a touchscreen phone and qwerty when all the others are...what defines the difference? A OS? PMSL, what a sales and marketing dream "we are like the rest, just better" if you can't beat em join em palava rather than focus on your strengths.

Keep BIS, keep in mind most older users want a numerical keypad and noone else is really doing them, a updated Pearl 4G (frankly just get a new cover for 3G that is quality not cheap plastic and a easier 'normal' bright backlog keypad with spaces between the buttons, touch screen and BB10 hub on/off options & add 4G global frequencies).

We can't beat ipads, let's give up, we already offer BIS as a exclusive on non BB10 devices, let's drop that and let's be a sheep not a shepard. WTF? Thank the gods my portfolio has no RIM.
    One "LIKE" was not enough

LIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELI KELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKE
    03-29-13 12:25 PM
    Orange UK, i have 2 words for you:

A M�n!
    03-29-13 12:44 PM
    Well that's two dinners sorted F2 &UD I'm sure all the BB shareholders or most them will keep me in dinner engagements for the next decade lol

TH is a ***** (they are always internal aren't they!)

MARKETING!?? RIM's problem improper marketing, not BlackBerry phones, new CEO says

The new marketing strategy: we removed BIS and now you pay more, the carrier makes more and we save, everyone's a winner with BlackBerry. ??? Really the Canadian government should send him back to Germany and the German government can bury him under the Berlin Wall for destroying a Canadian company and Germanys reputation after all they hard work they put into Germany [BOX][/BOX]status with the European financial crisis. TH has brought the European financial crisis to BB's Canadian Dollar, and that takes real lunacy.

If the BB staff want to keep jobs past administration they better out the *****, jai!

PS) Love to you all
    03-30-13 03:54 AM
    i see the firing of a BB marketing vp in the future,,, you heard it here, from me, 1st,,, (probably the only time 1st was actually used around here in context)...
    03-30-13 04:47 PM
    What don't you understand? Shipping and selling are two different things. I can have them ship me 100,000 and not sell one. All it means is 370,000 are sitting somewhere in someone's warehouse.
    No they sold big in the UK - so did the BB9320 ... what is it with UK consumers ??
    03-30-13 05:26 PM
    Thorsten has lost touch with the BlackBerry PlayBook users. In his mind the BlackBerry PlayBook is dead which means we'll never get BlackBerry Bridge back to full functionality on the tablet. The synergy of smartphone and tablet was unbeatable.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    _____
    Thor is concentrating on the BB10 smartphone right now. Makes sense if BBRY is to survive. In time the benefits will trickle down to PB. Don't expect any miracles until Q3, at the earliest.
    rjedge54 likes this.
    03-30-13 05:34 PM
    _____
    Thor is concentrating on the BB10 smartphone right now. Makes sense if BBRY is to survive. In time the benefits will trickle down to PB. Don't expect any miracles until Q3, at the earliest.
    they could release PB10 without so much as a hiccup affecting BB10,,, i've said it before, & i'll say it again,,, it is possible to chew gum & walk @ the same time,,, if Thor can't pull that off then he's in for aaallloot of trouble down the road...
    FF22 likes this.
    03-30-13 11:26 PM