Does anybody have an issue with the sms bridge not updating the dialogue window? I can send and receive sms texts just fine but the dialogue window will not display new incoming texts or my outgoing texts unless I close the window and reopen it. The playbook WILL sound the audible alarm that a new text has arrived, but it will not pop up automatically in the window like the multichat bbm window will.
    12-29-12 10:36 AM
    I just checked and SMS and BBM are both working fine here bridged with my 9900 and PlayBook...incoming and outgoing messages are being displayed in both platforms.

Bob
    12-29-12 11:39 AM
    Same here no issues
    12-29-12 12:53 PM
    no issues here either. delete bridge off of the phone, restart and reinstall. or forget the pairing and then pair again after restart
    12-29-12 12:58 PM
    I only got my PB a few days ago and it works fine apart from the fact that BBM chats will not show up, only the contacts. SMS is fine. Since installing Blackberry Bridge on my phone (bold 9790) I get the Uncaught Exception message after any re-boot. I'm not sure if it is related but I haven't been able to solve the BBM issue yet. Tried hard re-boots and re-installing Bridge. Matter of fact, I can't get my PB to hard re-boot now. I hold the volume + and - buttons plus the power button.
    12-29-12 03:57 PM
    Well i deleted my pairing and then repaired and i have the same issue. When i open up a bridged sms chat, only previous messages are shown. New outgoing and incoming messages will not be displayed like a normal sms chat unless i close the window and reopen it, then all the newer messages are shown but subsequent messages, again, will not be displayed.
    12-29-12 04:44 PM
    It does seem a little buggy to me. As well as no BBM chats I also have two email notifications that won't go away. Other than that I really like Bridge. Hopefully we will get this issue sorted. My gut feeling is that the problem is at the phone end.

If you do a hard re-boot of your phone (alt/right shift/delete) do you get the "uncaught exception" message when it comes back on?
    12-29-12 05:32 PM
    It could be, as the saying goes, "a bad'un of a batch". Have you considered backing up then wiping your tablet?
    12-29-12 05:44 PM
    Not sure what kb5zht is thinking of doing but I spent the day re-installing my OS on my phone and now Bridge works great. BBM chats show up, notifications don't lag, I can 'get images' for emails... All of that had been an issue before but now everything on the phone and the PB is working fine.

What I had intended to do was un-install and re-install Blackberry Bridge from my phone using Desktop Manager but it got stuck half way through and bricked my phone. I re-booted it whilst connected and chose the repair option. It gave me two choices of OS 7.0 (can't remember which builds) and one choice of OS 7.1 I chose 7.1 but after six failed attempts I chose 7.0 and that worked. I then did an update to 7.1 I had plenty of back ups with my data on and getting all the apps back is just a case of going in to app world and now it all works great.
    12-30-12 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD