I've wanted to post this for a while. About a year ago I bought the official BB keyboard and cover for the PB. I saw the rapid charger at a close-out price locally and bought that about the same time. Once the PB is put in the cover it's there for good unless extra effort is used. Both these items are "official" from RIM. So how come I can't use the rapid charger, or even the regular charger, when the PB is in the "official" keyboard cover? To enable charging the PB in its previous cover I had to cut a hole through the cover for the charging plug.

Why can't these guys think things through?
    03-07-13 04:35 PM
    I think a photo of the offending equipment would help. I have the Playbook with the cover and keyboard setup and I have no issues charging the PB with a rapid charger or the keyboard with the OEM PB charger.
    03-07-13 04:43 PM
    agreed! the PlayBook key board has the proper holes to use the rapid charger as far as I have used.

CB10 App, Z10
    03-07-13 05:14 PM
    Yep, you must have gotten an off spec case because I've used my rapid charger (as opposed to the charging dock) regularly and the stock charger occasionally without issues.
    03-07-13 05:23 PM
    I too have the official case with keyboard and find that there is no way to charge while folded up. I do not have the rapid charger so I cannot comment on that. However there should be an acceptable access point for the usb cable to connect thru the case when it is folded. I have ended up charging the pb upside down while using the keyboard unhooked from the case. I. Love the system, and carry it everywhere, but that was a bit of an oversight IMHO.
    03-08-13 07:53 PM
    Sorry. I misspoke. I meant to say the charging dock. The charging device that the PB stands in. Useless when the PB is in the keyboard case. Also the keyboard case has to be flopped open when using the charger that came in the box. I still say not well thought out.
    03-09-13 06:29 PM