03-20-13 02:03 PM
195 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Well, the forums pages now load faster with javascript and flash both turned off and the pages don't look funny like they did last night. I now can't minimise the news column on the right side though so reading all the posts requires a lot of scrolling.

I still get a 20 second lag or so when I bring up the posting window before the browser responds. I can scroll up and down though and no longer experience a delay before I get any response from taps or the keyboard.
    03-08-13 11:14 AM
    I see very little improvemnet with flash and script turned off. I turned them off, cleared all in the browser security and rebooted.
    I am able to see the pages a little faster but still can't click links or type in the reply box until I let it "think" for a minute or two.

It's just the forums I have trouble with. Looking around t.crackberry is ok.
    03-08-13 11:20 AM
    To much other stuff on the site that is useless and drags down the operation. I know you all need ad revenue but they grab so much speed that it makes the site choak, just like other sites.

Give us the facts and just the facts
    03-08-13 11:25 AM
    @Wongsky | dphjeff if you have some time please try t.crackberry.com and click about etc. forums.crackberry.com will still be slow until we get it resolved on t.crackberry.com.

@ALL so far Enyigma has said t.crackberry.com is betters and quicker (thanks) a few others have said its ok... talking about the forums is redundant.... we know they're slow and we will fix them but testing in that environment is problematic that's why we're testing things on the tablet version of the blog.

Please please give feedback on the t.crackberry.com only with regards to PB performance.
    Roger Provins likes this.
    03-08-13 11:33 AM
    Im finding t.crackberry unusable on my PB..... very slow, freezes and several browser crashes, and thats with flash disabled and enabled. On both main page and forums.
    03-08-13 11:46 AM
    I gave up on it as it just crashes the browser altogether. Seems to be a bit more responsive in the android browser so i'm using that for now
    03-08-13 12:11 PM
    I've had issues on Crackberry before the upgrade but now it's just horror. Forums take forever to load on my Playbook and even makes it crash at times. Sorry guys, it's just the harsh truth. Crackberry is one of the worst sites on my Playbook in terms of performance.
    03-08-13 12:25 PM
    This has now taken me 35 mins to post this thread. After being logged out three times, waiting 14 mins for page to load, the last thing I want to read is that it loads faster on an Android tablet or an ipad. This is definitely a conspiracy by BB to get pb users to sell their pb's so that they don't have to totally rewrite bb10 to fit on the pb. Well done BB I congratulate you!
    03-08-13 12:37 PM
    The strangest thing of all is that the CB forum debacle screws with the entire browser. I've encountered a site very occasionally that is messy and confused but never a site that almost completely disables the entire browser. If I'm on a CB forum Page, even selecting tabs of other sites or trying to close them is now a problem. If I'm on another site, browser function is normal.

Some complain about the PB browser but I find it more than adequate. The irony of CrackBerry creating a site that renders the PB browser almost useless shouldn't be missed by anyone.

Good luck to those trying to fix this debacle. I wish you the best.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-08-13 12:44 PM
    @All We are starting the next test having found something fairly significant.

We've rolled the update out

@irrebkcalB At one point I did think it might be the browser but it's our code - our other sites seem ok on PB and IE8 - so we're just stepping through it now.

~Steph
    03-08-13 01:23 PM
    For what its worth, I also noted the browser being a bit laggy on the google.com site, so it you have any google code in the new site, it may be google related.
    03-08-13 01:30 PM
    @All We are starting the next test having found something fairly significant.

We've rolled the update out

@irrebkcalB At one point I did think it might be the browser but it's our code - our other sites seem ok on PB and IE8 - so we're just stepping through it now.

~Steph
    When was the update roll out? I just did some test between 10:15 - 10:30 PST and here are my results.
    Internet speed 8-10 Mbs download 1.6Mbs upload
    I've cleared all history between tests.
    BB Browser
    Flash and Java On
    T.crackberry.com 20-30 sec
    forums.crackberry.com 40-60 sec
    fourms.crackberry.com/news-Rumors-f40 60-75 sec

Flash and Java Off
    T.crackberry.com 10-20 sec
    forums.crackberry.com 20- 30sec
    fourms.crackberry.com/news-Rumors-f40 3-5 sec

Flash off
    T.crackberry.com 15-25 sec
    forums.crackberry.com 30-45 sec
    fourms.crackberry.com/news-Rumors-f40 25-45 sec

I also tried it with Simple Browser and got similar results.
    Last edited by DigitalMadness; 03-08-13 at 02:21 PM.
    03-08-13 01:36 PM
    @DigitalMadness we rolled it at 10.30PST today. Very much appreciate your testing.
    03-08-13 02:05 PM
    When was the update roll out? I just did some test between 10:15 - 10:30 PST and here are my results.
    Internet speed 8-10 Mbs download 1.6Mbs upload
    I've cleared all history between tests.
    BB Browser
    Flash and Java On
    T.crackberry.com 20-30 sec
    forums.crackberry.com 40-60 sec
    fourms.crackberry.com/news-Rumors-f40 60-75 sec

Flash and Java Off
    T.crackberry.com 10-20 sec
    forums.crackberry.com 20- 30sec
    fourms.crackberry.com/news-Rumors-f40 3-5 sec

Flash off
    T.crackberry.com 15-25 sec
    forums.crackberry.com 30-45 sec
    fourms.crackberry.com/news-Rumors-f40 25-45 sec

I also tried it with Simple Browser and got similar results.
    And the conclusion is?
    03-08-13 02:23 PM
    @DigitalMadness we rolled it at 10.30PST today. Very much appreciate your testing.
    Roll it back to the original site please!!!!!!!!!! Then do your tests that forgive me but you know I'm right, you should have done in the first place before implementation! What the ****, has happened to the basic requirements of OS testing before releasing to the end user? Guinea Pigs live in cages and don't own pb's!.

However I must compliment your team for at least telling us customers what's happening and that is paramount. 10 out of a possible 10 for that and I admire your honesty and above all actually asking the users for their views on useability, but don't cross the line and ask them to test the results for you!.

Perhaps after rectifying the problem you might think of transferring a little of your companies business ethos across to RIM. You never know they may listen to you and fix the problems with the pb and bb10 or at least tell the customer what they are doing to fix the problems. Worth a try!
    sok2507 likes this.
    03-08-13 02:41 PM
    CB is slow in a pc,tablet or phone since the chance

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 02:48 PM
    BTW, any one else think the choice of fonts is less than ideal? Gaps galore. Messy.
    I have to agree with you on the fonts. Very hard on the eyes for me.
    03-08-13 02:51 PM
    This new update has rendered CrackBerry on my Playbook useless. It was always a bit slow, but it's now completely unbearable.

Update: Just took 2 minutes to ALMOST load a page....still hasn't loaded as I type this on my laptop. This is crazy. Wasn't a big part of the new design to make it work better/faster on the Playbook?
    I must agree. Can't use my PlayBook just too slow.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-08-13 02:53 PM
    Come on BlackBerry we need a BlackBerry10 beta for the PLAYBOOK already. We know you have it now Give it To Us!!!

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-08-13 02:57 PM
    I just retested and I got similiar results as before.

Some strange observation I observed in both test rounds.
    1)When pressing on a link, sometimes there is no visual that the link have been pushed
    2) Sometimes needs to push multiple time on a link for it to work.
    3)After the page is loaded. I can scroll to the bottom with no checker board but when I scroll back up, the top of the page is checkerboard
    4)After clicking the News and Rumor link in the forum, it took over 20 sec before the page was cleared.

Hope some of this information helps............
    03-08-13 03:27 PM
    Slow as ****, it's now worse then tmz.com. Even typing this on the official keyboard is even more of a chore now. Checkerboards errywhere
    03-08-13 03:54 PM
    I tried t.crackberry took around 45 sec to load and the page was so small that I couldn't read what was on it. I will use may crackberry app to launch and turn off the flash and java until the problems are fixed. I know you all are working hard to fix the problems. Keep up the good work.
    03-08-13 03:56 PM
    Mine is still very bad. The main tablet page seems ok but as noted many times the forums are unusable regardless of flash and javascript enabling.
    03-08-13 03:57 PM
    It has always been an issue on the site. To gain speed one has always had to kill flash and java script for the playbook. That being said not sure how much OLD code is in this new design but clearly it was followed over with some of the old crap that plagued the old design.

For sure the are jquery issues as well as all the ad data being loaded for starters. Sure they wil work out the issues sooner or later but for now even t.crackberry is not worthy of even loading on the playbook from the slow turtle glitches that is hammering the PB. Browser wise on PC it ran like a top.

We can blame the PB partly because of the crappy browser but there are also coding issues as well.
    03-08-13 04:07 PM
    I just retested and I got similiar results as before.

Some strange observation I observed in both test rounds.
    1)When pressing on a link, sometimes there is no visual that the link have been pushed
    2) Sometimes needs to push multiple time on a link for it to work.
    3)After the page is loaded. I can scroll to the bottom with no checker board but when I scroll back up, the top of the page is checkerboard
    4)After clicking the News and Rumor link in the forum, it took over 20 sec before the page was cleared.

Hope some of this information helps............
    I can attest to similar results as @DigitalMadness on my own PlayBook.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-08-13 05:18 PM
195 ... 23456 ...