03-20-13 02:03 PM
195 12345 ...
tools
    Yep. This site is a mess though at least now is doesn't take an hour to type a post of this length. Double tapping to expand the screen is slow. Links don't appear to respond and when they do you might have 5 new tabs opening up because you tried clicking 5 times hoping for a response. The performance of this site is the worst I've ever come across on the PlayBook save perhaps Huffington Post.
    03-07-13 11:46 PM
    @irrebkcalB - please can you try t.crackberry.com and let me know if it's any better in terms so load time. For some its a bit better but no where near acceptable yet.

@All update:

- We've found a page that reliably crashes the PB browser so we're investigating that since it's repeatable 100%.
    - We've also found some of the 3rd party code we took out earlier when run on it's own causes jerkiness and depending on refreshes a PB browser crash so we're also investigating that too.

~Steph
    03-08-13 12:19 AM
    Steph I am logged in on t.crackberry.com took 60 sec. To go from new post to this thread. 32 sec. To go from. Page one to page three. There is about a thirty sec. Delay every 20 sec. When trying to type. It has taken me about 5 min. To type this.
    03-08-13 01:02 AM
    Any luck finding out any thing?
    03-08-13 01:11 AM
    Wow! This is bad! Without the flash I tab a few times on the forum, only when I touch the screen will it goes to the page. Still only 90% load with a white page. I had to touch the screen and move it up and down to have the header load and the rest checkered board and still stuck at 90% load. Swiping up and down another 30 seconds to fully loaded the page.
    03-08-13 01:32 AM
    The new website is useless on the PB. It's slow, freezes up and the font is too small. This is my 3rd attempt at a reply. As when I go to post a reply my screen goes blank.
    03-08-13 01:36 AM
    Posting this comment is a pain. The keyboard was not responsive in the beginning, there was, ike a 20 second delay before I can type any letter, the first word take another 20 seconds. I mostly use my playbook to browse CrackBerry. Until this issue is resolved, I'll have to look for an alternative Site to make full use of my playbook.
    03-08-13 01:39 AM
    I can't decide if the new "upgrade" is painful or laughable
    03-08-13 01:46 AM
    yeah...i'm experiencing the same issues as of late...just tried it on the PB...gave up and resorted back to the computer...
    03-08-13 02:11 AM
    Site crashes my Playbook browser. Too much content?
    03-08-13 03:45 AM
    I try to post this reply using my PB but got tired of waiting for the website to actually acknowledge my keystrokes so I'm posting from my 9800.

I know the CB staff is working on this and have been very responsive and honest with the posters here but this is not acceptable.

Not sure how this latest update could have been released without thoroughly testing it first.

Dissapointed is the kindest word I can use to desribe this situation.
    03-08-13 06:52 AM
    Wow slowest response ever.
    This Site isnow unusable on the playbook.
    A great disappointment.
    03-08-13 07:47 AM
    PC is faster but PB is unusable. Only positive I can think of is that maybe they can find the root cause for all checkerboarding and improve the browser.
    03-08-13 08:04 AM
    CB continues to freeze on PB. Works fine on laptop.
    03-08-13 08:07 AM
    turning off both flash and javascript and CB works like a charm on my PBook, as speedy as ever. turn them back on again, like walking through treacle
    03-08-13 08:17 AM
    @irrebkcalB - please can you try t.crackberry.com and let me know if it's any better in terms so load time. For some its a bit better but no where near acceptable yet.

@All update:

- We've found a page that reliably crashes the PB browser so we're investigating that since it's repeatable 100%.
    - We've also found some of the 3rd party code we took out earlier when run on it's own causes jerkiness and depending on refreshes a PB browser crash so we're also investigating that too.

~Steph
    Still extremely slow on the forums though some small improvement.

As for t.crackberry.com, what's with the giant black stripes along the sides? Surely those who run the site are aware that bezel scrolling is a major feature of the PlayBook, correct? I'm sorry the CrackBerry team is having problems. I know you're working hard to rectify the situation but now what was once one of the web's slowest sites is now the clearly its slowest. What I find odd is the random freezing and stalling. Never seen anything like it in the almost two years I've owned my PlayBook.
    03-08-13 08:20 AM
    turning off both flash and javascript and CB works like a charm on my PBook, as speedy as ever. turn them back on again, like walking through treacle
    Tried that 30 mins ago when trying to post. Gave up after 25 mins of trying to read pages 1, 2 and 3 only to be force logged out between pages 2 and 3. Posting this on my Z10 which is blisteringly fast. Why?
    03-08-13 08:41 AM
    I turned the flash and java script off the playbook works better from page to page but I have to tap on the boxes about 5 or 6 times to change the pages. Typing has no delay unless you scroll the page. Also I can not X out the ads.
    03-08-13 09:00 AM
    Here's how the Site is working for me right now on my Playbook. Knowing exactly where this forum thread is, I started loading crackberry.com with a timer running. I got to this Page in only 17 minutes and 26 seconds. My home Internet Speed on speedtest shows 64/35 on fios. On my laptop I can get to this Page in about 20 seconds, so I'm going to have to say this is completely unacceptable. Incidentally, it took two attempt as my Playbook browser just shut down halfway through the first time.
    03-08-13 10:01 AM
    Just reran the test on t.CrackBerry.com after a reboot (just in case), and it took 3mins 48 seconds. Still fairly unacceptable.
    03-08-13 10:17 AM
    I was just about to post a thread about recent slowness on crackberry forums on the PlayBook - and lo and behold, a thread already there.

There's a message in that, somewhere, pop pickers.

I haven't tried any of the other URLs / hosts / aliases given, it's been like that for a couple of days for me, ever since the update in look and feel, I think. I tend to turn of the news thingmy on the right, anyways, but hasn't really made much difference.

My PlayBook seems fine on other "complex" websites, so doesn't appear to be a device issue. Kinda ironic (Alanis Morissette would be so exhilarated), though, the main forum I use for PlayBook info, is the one that's problematic from a performance perspective.
    03-08-13 10:24 AM
    @Enyigma Is it still slow on t.crackberry.com? Please confirm whether you tried t.crackberry.com. I appreciate the other sites are still slow on the PB.

Regards

Steph
    @skoenig: The t.crackberry.com loads perfectly well on my PB. It is fast, renders well. I am immediately able to click on links and shortcuts - no lag.
    03-08-13 10:47 AM
    The only way that you can use this sight is turn of Flash and Java . There is no more than a 20 sec delay with them turned off.
    03-08-13 10:48 AM
    The only way that you can use this sight is turn of Flash and Java . There is no more than a 20 sec delay with them turned off.
    And I know, fairly popular, here - but I'm simply not doing it. I have no problem elsewhere with other websites that do actually use either flash, or javascript or both - I'm not just doing it for one website.

I'll just not access crackberry on my PlayBook until the fix is in.
    03-08-13 10:53 AM
    I hear ya.
    03-08-13 11:07 AM
195 12345 ...