*Update from Kevin - The tech team has it all sorted (see details here for what was going on)... site should be running great on the PlayBook now. Be sure to hit up t.crackberry.com (should get directed there automatically, but go there if you don't) for the tablet optimized view. Thanks for the patience! *

I am just going to love the replies to this thread but in my world its causing concerntrying. Since last night when I received the notification that Kevin had broken the site? I can honestly say that the speed os response from this site is a little like trying to run a marathon through 12" of Maple Syrup. I have tried it on my pb through wifi' through mobile hotspot, on my pc and its just the same slow garbage.

I dread asking this but is there any cure for it?

Stop the tape, rewind, I have just closed down all the useless advertisements on the right hand side of my screen and its almost back to normal speed. why do people do this?
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 03-09-13 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Update from Kevin
    03-07-13 11:44 AM
    Or What. Terrible on the Playbook

http://forums.crackberry.com/site-ne...back-help-f19/
    ericarcher57 likes this.
    03-07-13 11:47 AM
    it's not just you, it's slow. I'm not sure if it's due to high traffic (everyone wanting to see the new site all at once) or if its just slow.
    JerBru likes this.
    03-07-13 01:05 PM
    It's not just you. Even with the ads turned off CB has become slower than molasses in January on the PlayBook. Gonna try a restart but every other site on the damn intertrons works just fine.
    DavideaNY likes this.
    03-07-13 01:24 PM
    I've always found this site slow but at the moment it is almost unbearably so. Many times I give up and go elsewhere.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-07-13 01:40 PM
    Yep, really slow here too. Restart does not help. It also does not like the "tap", gotta do the tap, tap,tap to get anywhere.
    Blacklatino and Lendo like this.
    03-07-13 02:21 PM
    I've 'found' any site that is kept running by ads from third party is always slower ...some worse than others dependent on their code authors.

imho
    03-07-13 02:24 PM
    BTW, any one else think the choice of fonts is less than ideal? Gaps galore. Messy.
    deemgee likes this.
    03-07-13 02:36 PM
    I never knew that you could tun off the ads. Please tell me how to do that. Thanks
    03-07-13 02:41 PM
    This new update has rendered CrackBerry on my Playbook useless. It was always a bit slow, but it's now completely unbearable.

Update: Just took 2 minutes to ALMOST load a page....still hasn't loaded as I type this on my laptop. This is crazy. Wasn't a big part of the new design to make it work better/faster on the Playbook?
    03-07-13 02:55 PM
    I don't know either. there is no setting on the browser. as of today though it doesn't seem that slow.
    03-07-13 02:58 PM
    Not just me then? It seems that Crackberry are falling in line with RIM. Take something that works and improve on it!
    03-07-13 03:06 PM
    I get waiting and checkered boxes now with my playbook, takes 4 or more times longer to load. :-(
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    03-07-13 03:15 PM
    It would be quicker for cb team to send me a printed page via the postal service at the moment.

Cmon guys dont do a BB and bury your heads in the sand on this - the site is currently unusable.
    03-07-13 03:25 PM
    Yup, slow on my PB too. I haven't tried the laptop yet.

The website was just awful last night and the rendering was terrible. That part of it seems to have been fixed today, but loading a page is a forever operation. When I scroll up and down the page, the screen is totally unresponsive for a minute or so and then I can do operations like tap on a link or make a post.

Thanks to the person who earlier pointed out that the ads could be shrunk. I was not looking forward to scrolling through tons of screenfulls of half-width text windows.
    03-07-13 03:39 PM
    are you talking about "blog view"?
    03-07-13 03:50 PM
    This is simply unacceptable. Well over a minute to open a Page. Didn't Crackberry test this before launching it?
    sok2507 likes this.
    03-07-13 05:37 PM
    How much more do we need to shut off to have reasonable rendering performance? Not only has the site become ugly as sin, cluttered, cramped, I do not see why the change was needed. They need to shut down all the f'n backend ad chatter that is just killing it. Fix it before our patience wears thin to the point where this site is abandoned.
    sok2507 likes this.
    03-07-13 05:51 PM
    The loading of the old site was slow. The loading of the new site was so bad that even after the page was fully loaded scrolling resulted with checkering. I left after 5 minutes.

Beta test. Mimic the userbase. Under promise. Over deliver.

Plus, the font is nice but better for display and not reading: too much white space vs. black, i.e., density.
    Last edited by jackpots; 03-07-13 at 09:50 PM.
    03-07-13 05:54 PM
    Like a lot of sites, they dump too much crap on the pages. Too concerned with it being "pretty".
    03-07-13 06:25 PM
    Hey All,

Just to let you know we're working on this...

The new site is actually lightning fast... like WAY faster than the old CrackBerry. Much cleaner code, much more efficiently done. Head to a desktop browser and try. On the old site load times could be as high as 20 seconds. That's down to 5-9 seconds now. When we first put the site up last night we had some slowness as we worked out some kinks, but it should be pretty decent now (ALSO - the slowness the last few weeks should be resolved now. It was an intermittent not on our end, but having to do with routing through the internet... depending where you were there was some bad lag).

We've also seen a mix of reviews from PlayBook owners with the new site. This thread seems to be all negative, yet we've been seeing the opposite too with people saying it's just awesome on their PlayBook. The site seems to be pretty decent on my PlayBook as well, so not quite sure what's up. Will keep working to try and figure it out. Might be something in the PlayBook browser that's just not liking something, which seems odd as the Z10 really rocks the site. Need an BB10 PlayBook update stat!!

Also remember we do have different themes you can try on your PlayBook. Beyond the full desktop site, can try CrackBerry.com | The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!) (for tablet) and CrackBerry.com | The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!) (for new mobile site).

More than complaining about slowness, what helps is you providing us detailed feedback on what you're experiencing, so our tech team can help get it sorted. Jump over to the Bug Reporting thread.

Thanks!
    03-07-13 06:35 PM
    Also, just a note that we are going to continue to optimize and further develop the site over the next two months. Right now we're working on bug fixing and performance optimizations... then we're going to keep working on making the templates better across desktop, tablet and mobile.
    deemgee and ablefunzo like this.
    03-07-13 06:37 PM
    Also.. I definitely recommend the t.crackberry.com site on the PlayBook.

We don't have the "sticky header" there... which is good thing when you're going to be using pinch to zoom. On the full site you'll zoom the header too, which is a bit odd. It also loads faster.

Give that a go and let me know if you find it better!
    03-07-13 06:39 PM
    Yeah it's been painfully slow on the PB... but it was the same yesterday on the computer, now it's very snappy! Sure CB will optimize this. I haven't tried the PB since last night and i only discovered this issue before i went to bed... i thought i would just browse through the forums before I
    03-07-13 06:43 PM
    Update: Try out the site again on your PlayBooks... we just made a jquery update on the backend that may help out the PlayBook's browser on the site.

BlackBerry needs to hurry up and get out a BB10 update for PlayBook. Makes me mad when you guys are mad!

Will keep optimizing. And again.. t.crackberry.com. That's being optimized for the PlayBook.
    03-07-13 06:50 PM
195 123 ...