The only thing I hadn't done was change the channel so I downloaded a program that scanned my neighbor's channels and it seemed like most were on 1, 6 or 11 and I didn't notice anyone on channel 4 so I switched to that. Here are my test results from that speedtest from Xtreme Labs:

Latency 78ms
    Download average 22982 kbits/s
    Upload average 1479 kbits/s

Seems better? Sorry, I don't have a good grip on technology LOL
    Last edited by B1791; 12-11-12 at 03:27 PM.
    12-11-12 02:49 PM
    Looks like you posted as I was writing this. Those are good results for that program. Nearly the same as what I get as an average. Had much higher and much lower too.
    ===end edit================================
    Same device, Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS 3.0 Gateway, as me so if I can get good speed so can you. At least that's the plan...
    One other non standard setting I have is Wireless/QoS I have disabled WMM support.
    BASIC Settings
    Network mode:B/G/N mixed If it doesn't say this exactly then you need an update to your gateway.
    enabled 2.4Ghz
    Channel width Wide 40Mhz
    Standard channel Auto Current channel 11
    Wide channel Auto
    SECURITY
    WPA2-personal
    Encryption TKIP+AES
    key renawal 3600
    ADVANCED tab
    Transmission Rate AUTO
    CTS AUTO
    Beacon 100
    DTM 1
    Fragmentation 2346
    RTS 2347

If you have a specific setting you're curious about please ask, I'll be monitoring this thread.
    12-12-12 08:40 AM
    The only thing I hadn't done was change the channel so I downloaded a program that scanned my neighbor's channels and it seemed like most were on 1, 6 or 11 and I didn't notice anyone on channel 4 so I switched to that. Here are my test results from that speedtest from Xtreme Labs:

Latency 78ms
    Download average 22982 kbits/s
    Upload average 1479 kbits/s

Seems better? Sorry, I don't have a good grip on technology LOL
    These are really good numbers and more importantly you got ride of that high Latency which was your worst problem.

Congrats
    12-12-12 10:16 AM
    These are really good numbers and more importantly you got ride of that high Latency which was your worst problem.

Congrats
    I guess I spoke to soon...I tried to watch a video on it last night and it stuttered and buffered and froze and I gave up after a few minutes.
    12-12-12 10:18 AM
    Looks like you posted as I was writing this. Those are good results for that program. Nearly the same as what I get as an average. Had much higher and much lower too.
    ===end edit================================
    Same device, Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS 3.0 Gateway, as me so if I can get good speed so can you. At least that's the plan...
    One other non standard setting I have is Wireless/QoS I have disabled WMM support.
    BASIC Settings
    Network mode:B/G/N mixed If it doesn't say this exactly then you need an update to your gateway.
    enabled 2.4Ghz
    Channel width Wide 40Mhz
    Standard channel Auto Current channel 11
    Wide channel Auto
    SECURITY
    WPA2-personal
    Encryption TKIP+AES
    key renawal 3600
    ADVANCED tab
    Transmission Rate AUTO
    CTS AUTO
    Beacon 100
    DTM 1
    Fragmentation 2346
    RTS 2347

If you have a specific setting you're curious about please ask, I'll be monitoring this thread.
    I set our router exactly to the numbers you have and even though the speedtest says it's running ok I tried playing that video again and the same thing...stutters, stalls, buffers, etc. I tried the same video on my laptop and it plays perfectly. I hate to say this but I think the Playbook is destined for Kijiji. No onein our house ever picks it up because it can be frustrating to use it.

Thanks everyone for trying to help!
    12-12-12 10:48 AM
    Try using channels 1, 6, or 11. The reason no other channels are in common use in North America is because there is overlap that can sometimes cause interference, which might be causing your slowdown.
    12-12-12 11:26 AM
    Try using channels 1, 6, or 11. The reason no other channels are in common use in North America is because there is overlap that can sometimes cause interference, which might be causing your slowdown.
    I just tried all 3 of those channels and it didn't make a difference
    12-12-12 12:16 PM
    OP does not say what videos are stuttering. Are we talking about the 480p You Tube or HD videos? When you have done the best you can with the router seems like you ought to be looking at the streaming end. One problem may be that the PB video player does not have a large enough cache. Some of you exoerts correct me.
    12-12-12 01:31 PM
    OP does not say what videos are stuttering. Are we talking about the 480p You Tube or HD videos? When you have done the best you can with the router seems like you ought to be looking at the streaming end. One problem may be that the PB video player does not have a large enough cache. Some of you exoerts correct me.
    I have no idea if the videos are HD or what (though I would say not because the quality is not that good). I'm just watching Bob's Burgers on my local tv station website. But it's not just videos, it's anything to do with the internet. When we visit a webpage quite often the blue progress bar will get part way across the page and then stop. We wait for a minute or two and then have to hit refresh to get it to load again.
    12-12-12 01:57 PM
34 12