So I went to copy my 7.XXGB of music to my Playbook and was SHOCKED when it said 38 minutes estimated time...I thought surly this can't be true it will go down, DIDN'T HAPPEN!! My old Bold 9000 only took about 12 minutes to transfer that much music to the media card, and my 9800 took about the same. This is the only thing that disappoints me thus far about the device.

Anyone else notice longer than normal times for transferring??
    04-20-11 01:29 PM
    I see the same thing. Each mp3 takes between 4 to 7 seconds depending on how large the file size is when transferring to Playbook via USB. However, it only takes a second per for the same mp3 on the iphone. Blackberry needs to improve the transfer speeds.
    05-17-11 10:06 AM
    I moved roughly about the same amount of music onto my PB but over WiFi...I think it took 30+ minutes to do as well but I didn't sit at the screen waiting I just copy/pasted into the PB and went to take care of other things.

When I transfer a 310mb mp4 video it took roughly 8 minutes which is pretty good, I think?
    05-17-11 03:20 PM
    I also max out at under 5MB/sec on USB. WiFi is 1MB/Sec
    05-25-11 10:49 AM
    I'm seeing 4-5MB/sec. But it doesn't drop while surfing!!!

PS Installing Bb Device Man 6.0.2 updated some Desktop Man 5.0.1 files but my Bold synchs fine. Everything is seamless. Bridge on an AT&T phone works great too.

Loving this! Thought the size was too small at first but now I really like it - much more portable!

R.
    05-25-11 11:15 AM
    the flash on the device is limited to around 5-6MB throughput. which still amounts to around 25 minutes, so your 38 minute ETA is not terribly far off the max throughput of the device once you account for other OS things going on in the background.
    05-25-11 04:34 PM
    I don't think I've used USB to transfer files. It's so much easier to do it wirelessly to the SMB drive.
    05-25-11 04:48 PM
    I usually get 5-6MB/sec over USB and 1.8MB/sec or so over WiFi.
    05-25-11 04:48 PM
    this is bull****, 500 bucks for slow flash memory? are u serious? i cant even believe this im pretty sure it has to do with the stupid protocols being used that enable the playbook to transfer files wirelessly.

I dnt even want to believe what "JustAnotherBeerbot" said that the playbook is limited to 5-6mb this cant be true, where did u get that info? I REALLY hope RIM fixes this in an update
    07-09-11 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD