Hi all
    Sorry to bring up a topic that has been discussed before but i can't find a thread to reopen.
    i bought my 32 gig PB during the first $200 off sale couple months ago, and thought it has been running pretty good since the last update, well i stand corrected..
    Today i bought the 32 gig for $249 at futureshop for my girlfriend and loaded it all up today with the new update and a few good apps and omg it is so much faster than mine.
    Now i realize i have more stuff on mine like a couple hundred songs, few videos, and alot of pics, where as she has none. Anyone else comparing there older PB to a new one purchased today?
    Now is there anything i should be doing on a regular basis like deleting internet files or history or anything else to speed it up?
    I actually had a couple pages not load at all without hitting refresh. One time i was on the 3rd page (surfing same on both PB's) on the new one before the first page loaded on mine.

Any suggestion would help pls
    keith
    12-27-11 12:12 AM
    youre both on the same OS version? what would that be?
    12-27-11 12:16 AM
    whats the manufacturing date on each of them? you can find it on the original box. It should be listed below the made in china line
    12-27-11 12:46 AM
    hi there.
    yes they are both up to date. i checked the dates and the new one is 3 weeks newer. mine is like april 15 11 and the new one is may 6 11 (both dates close, cant remember exactly)
    is it not like a computer where u delete internet files?
    or anything that could slow it down, i read on a post where a guy said turn off flash and java, it did help but defeats the purpose of WANTING the playbook
    thx keith
    12-27-11 10:56 AM
    Have you tried deleting all in the privacy section of the browser settings?
    12-27-11 11:00 AM
    i find that when the OS updates come, it is better to do a debrick to get the new OS. My Playbook would slow down, especially in the browser otherwise. I do a backup, debrick and then restore.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-27-11 11:11 AM
    Have you tried deleting all in the privacy section of the browser settings?
    hi. just found that myself before reading and did clear all. not sure if it helped yet.
    thx
    12-27-11 11:23 AM
    Perhaps you can delete your browser history. I have set mine to record only 2 days worth of history. I also find that when i'm streaming movies the browser sometimes crashes, and when I delete the browsing history the movies run fine. I have the 16 G.
    12-27-11 11:29 AM
    i find that when the OS updates come, it is better to do a debrick to get the new OS. My Playbook would slow down, especially in the browser otherwise. I do a backup, debrick and then restore.
    what do you mean "debrick"
    keith
    12-27-11 11:32 AM
    Debrick would be wiping the OS system from the PB and reloading.
    Plug in the PB turned off via usb cable to the computer with desktop manager running. When you turn on the PB you will see a pop up with the option to update. You will loose all data on the PB. An extreme option to use when all else fails.
    12-27-11 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD